Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2010, 08:22 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

I have many outstanding women friends, however, I have had, (excluding this forum) horrible episodes with women on forums...I've actually had women follow me around just to cause problems and trouble...or when your in a forum and having a great time, others come in to ruin it...I've seen many times, women gang up on someone else...and openly try to demean a person...and I've seen women on forums come in and literally take them over, do things to annoy you, or hurt you, and then turn the whole story completely around...and I've also seen women come into smaller forums, and litereally kiss the butts of the owners...and I've just experienced a very very sad situation in a small forum, where the woman got everyone to gang up on another...women are brutal...jealous, insecure and competitive, but most of all, manipulative...sheesh, never ceases to amaze me what women will do for power and out of jealousy?

Again, please don't misunderstand, I've met some of the most awesome women in forums...especially here...and guys to...(don't want to leave you guys out, God forbid, where are ya Cap)?

So, that's my two cents...

I've missed you guys, good to see you all again...

I don't believe all women are catty and mean...you just have to be very selective in who you choose to be your friends...I've had in my lifetime, the most awesome women friends who were angles on earth...really!

and in a woman's favor, I will say this, I've never had a close friend in any man, like I've had with women...and have often said, I wish I could find a man that I could be that close to...never have...women bond much more deeply then men I think? I could be wrong...I'm only talking from my own experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 08:22 AM

894 posts, read 1,127,407 times
I think it has to do with the self-esteem level of the woman in question. If she thinks poorly of herself, or feels inferior to other women, she's more likely to be a "catty" type of female.

I'm female and have a lot of female friends. In fact, my three longest term friendships are with girls I met in school during 7th grade, 8th grade, and 12th grade. I'm still very close with all three of them and would feel a great loss to ever lose the friendship of either of them.

I also think having a strong female role model growing up, helps a female child to develop her sense of self. My Grandmother and Mother, were both strong female role models. In fact, during the 70s my Mom worked in an all-male dominated profession (Police Department) and all of my friends at school thought my Mom was "so cool" ... and, she really was.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
I think it has to do with the self-esteem level of the woman in question. If she thinks poorly of herself, or feels inferior to other women, she's more likely to be a "catty" type of female.

I'm female and have a lot of female friends. In fact, my three longest term friendships are with girls I met in school during 7th grade, 8th grade, and 12th grade. I'm still very close with all three of them and would feel a great loss to ever lose the friendship of either of them.

I also think having a strong female role model growing up, helps a female child to develop her sense of self. My Grandmother and Mother, were both strong female role models. In fact, during the 70s my Mom worked in an all-male dominated profession (Police Department) and all of my friends at school thought my Mom was "so cool" ... and, she really was.
I agree, very good post, you get reps for this one!

Creme

Old 04-15-2010, 08:51 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I know that some women can be awful, and lots of women have male friends, but it's a huge red flag to me when a woman says that she can't be friends with other women because they're all catty and mean. To me, the woman who says that is very often catty and mean herself.
Yep and I know a girl just like this. She is good in non PG ways however.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:07 AM

791 posts, read 1,426,516 times
when a guy walks into a room, first thing he does is check out all of the women............ when a woman walks into a room, first thing she does is check out all of the women.....(competition) most guys are not in competition with each other...we dont need make up or lipstick to stand out...we are "only there for the bud light" like the commercial

Old 04-15-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
when a guy walks into a room, first thing he does is check out all of the women............ when a woman walks into a room, first thing she does is check out all of the women.....(competition) most guys are not in competition with each other...we dont need make up or lipstick to stand out...we are "only there for the bud light" like the commercial

I find that strange...and I'm not saying your disallussioned...what I'm saying is, I don't check out the women, I look at all the men...I don't really care what women are there or not there, what they are wearing or not wearing... LOL...but to be honest, no, I don't look at the women...

if your dating someone who does, I would definately run....run...run....but that's just me?

Old 04-15-2010, 09:40 AM

791 posts, read 1,426,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I find that strange...and I'm not saying your disallussioned...what I'm saying is, I don't check out the women, I look at all the men...I don't really care what women are there or not there, what they are wearing or not wearing... LOL...but to be honest, no, I don't look at the women...

if your dating someone who does, I would definately run....run...run....but that's just me?
my location has alot to do with what I see in clubs ......its refreshing to hear that you dont look at all the women

Old 04-15-2010, 09:48 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
This is so true. Most normal heterosexual men do not compete with each other and view such gatherings as times to have a good time, talk about sports, commiserate about whatever, and of course, drink.

Perhaps the fact that men are so chill is a major reason that I've been hearing women say that they have more ease being friends with men than with other women since I started college. And perhaps this is a reason so many women I've come across after entering the workforce say they prefer male bosses over female bosses. (Although one of my better bosses was a woman whose cultural sophistication, business credentials, class, and manners always humbled me.)

Women? They ALWAYS check each other out and they give each other dirty looks from puberty. And if grown men try to one-up others - career, money, accomplishments - it's usually shot down as "bush league" or "ghetto" or any other adjective you wish to use.

The only time, IMO, when females having guy friends can turn problematic is if one of the two begins to want more than friendship. Then it turns into an entirely different ballgame.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:48 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
This is so true. Most normal heterosexual men do not compete with each other and view such gatherings as times to have a good time, talk about sports, commiserate about whatever, and of course, drink.

Perhaps the fact that men are so chill is a major reason that I've been hearing women say that they have more ease being friends with men than with other women since I started college. And perhaps this is a reason so many women I've come across after entering the workforce say they prefer male bosses over female bosses. (Although one of my better bosses was a woman whose cultural sophistication, business credentials, class, and manners always humbled me.)

Women? They ALWAYS check each other out and they give each other dirty looks from puberty. And if grown men try to one-up others - career, money, accomplishments - it's usually shot down as "bush league" or "ghetto" or any other adjective you wish to use.

The only time, IMO, when females having guy friends can turn problematic is if one of the two begins to want more than friendship. Then it turns into an entirely different ballgame.

barfights are usually over women.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:50 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
barfights are usually over women.
If you are one day a married man and some dude disrespects your wife, wouldn't that anger you to the point that you'd be willing to fight the man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships