Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please place an answer that best applies. Then elaborate on the forum.
Yes I am straight but I had same sex/gay attractions in the past. 16 22.86%
Yes I am straight but I have never had same sex attraction. 46 65.71%
I am Bisexual but lead a straight life. 8 11.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 12:46 PM

550 posts, read 1,215,163 times

Advertisements

Never been attracted to other guys, but my mother thought I was gay because she's never seen me with a girl...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 01:05 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL no doubt.

I went to a urologist to get checked for a bladder infection, and this guy snaps on the old gloves and says "Well, might as well get this out of the way".

I'm like WTF

When he was done I asked him to take another look in there as I think he left his watch behind.
They should at least buy you dinner before they do that to you.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:45 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,240,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
You confuse two things that should be kept separate: experimentation and attraction.

I've made out with women-- I've had sex with other women-- but it was experimentation. I'm not sexually attracted to women. I had a desire to see what was behind Door Number 2, I went for it and I learned something about myself.

All things said, I'm extremely open about my sex life. But although I enjoyed myself-- another point not to be confused with attraction-- I don't identify myself as being gay. Or even bi.

I pity people who don't experiment. It's a wonderful time of your life to find who you are, what you enjoy and to learn what it is that you want. I think failed relationships stem from the fact that most people are still trying to grow as people, to experiment and know, which is a phase that you usually enter around college.
Sorry, but some of us don't need to "experiment" with certain things to know. I don't have to experiment with the flavor of dog excrement to know I don't want it, and I don't have to experiment sexually with men to know I don't want it. If I had to try one, it would be the dog stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I meant the other way around. If he enjoys a particular act that would be considered gay, but doesn't like men.
Are you referring to back door entry or what? If so, it's only considered a gay act by the misinformed. As far as I know, gay and straight men both have the same type of nerve endings in their various body parts (lips, necks, etc.). The difference is that gay men would prefer those nerve endings to be stimulated by a guy, and straight men would prefer they're stimulated by a woman. Granted, some straight guys are afraid to try certain types of stimulation, even from a hot chick. It's partly a macho thing, partly an inexperience thing. I can remember being that way. Luckily I had a wife who just wouldn't take no for an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
They should at least buy you dinner before they do that to you.
*LMAO* I've gotta remember that one!

I told my doc exactly what my wife told me to tell him. "Oh yeah! Deeper!" He left me alone for a few years after that, even though I told him it was a joke hatched by my wife.

My doctor gets embarrassed at any mention of sex. It used to bug my late wife, because she couldn't ask him anything of a sexual nature or he'd turn red and start stammering. I discovered the same thing about him. It's not a good trait for a doctor to have! (But it can be fun.)

Old 05-25-2009, 02:42 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,435,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
. Luckily I had a wife who just wouldn't take no for an answer.

What did she do to you?

Old 05-25-2009, 02:44 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,435,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL no doubt.

I went to a urologist to get checked for a bladder infection, and this guy snaps on the old gloves and says "Well, might as well get this out of the way".

I'm like WTF

When he was done I asked him to take another look in there as I think he left his watch behind.
You were violated by the urologist? Is that in their job description?

Old 05-25-2009, 02:45 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,593,198 times
Quote:
LOL no doubt.

I'm like WTF

Now you know how women feel at the gyno.
Except we have to start that much, much earlier in life.
Most men don't start having these invasive type examinations until they're at least forty.
By that age, women have already been having pelvic exams for twenty or twenty-five years.

The only defense is just to be philosophical about it.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:49 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Now you know how women feel at the gyno.
Except we have to start that much, much earlier in life.
Most men don't start having these invasive type examinations until they're at least forty.
By that age, women have already been having pelvic exams for twenty or twenty-five years.

The only defense is just to be philosophical about it.
I wish I knew it was coming, you go there thinking one thing and then BAM.

I had it done when I was about 36. I was hoping to make it to 40 but life is such.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:50 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
You were violated by the urologist? Is that in their job description?
Yes, it is in the job desscription.

Right alone with taking candy from children.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:57 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
Ah, the poll is being lost.

I recommend making an announcement in the "Politics" forum and buy some poll winners Where are the crusaders when you need them

Old 05-25-2009, 03:00 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,636,102 times
Well me start out by saying that I'm in a relationship so I'm not looking.....but I occasionally check out Craigslist and it's amazing the number of "married" men that are on there looking for a "discreet buddy" to hang out with.

And before anyone asks what I'm doing looking on Craigslist my answer to that is that I'm an adult and I can!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships