Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 10:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Somebody probably already beat me to it, but it's true. Nice guys do finish last. It's the considerate thing to do.
That's a really refreshing perspective!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 10:15 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
being overly attentive makes women uncomfortable.
with good reason, i always do that b4 i dump them.
you realize of course that this is a genderless game.
a woman that smiles all the time is up to something.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:18 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
So where ARE all these nice guys that are finishing last? I'd love to find one!

Old 03-19-2010, 10:26 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's a really refreshing perspective!
Thank you!

Old 03-21-2010, 09:04 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
So where ARE all these nice guys that are finishing last? I'd love to find one!
They only finish last for so long. At some point, they have avoided all of the pitfalls of modern marriage and they start to finish first.

This starts to happen as soon as they give up the fruitless quest for somebody as good as they are.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:29 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
If a girl calls me a nice guy I take offense. Now her thinking I'm nice and kind to her is ok, but if a girl every comes out and tells you that you are a nice guy, it's a bad omen. It means you have no sex appeal whatsoever, there's no way they'll ever have sex with you, whether it's because you're unattractive physically or you're weak personality-wise, but you will get nothing from her, ever.

I usually drop a girl immediately if she says this to me, and usually I don't have to do the dropping, if she's telling you you're "nice" then it means she's already dropped you.

Now where I get REALLY pissed is when a girl says to another girl "yeah, he's a really nice guy" then she's basically setting up a major ****-block to other girls by telling them "I have no sexual attraction to this guy at all". Girls subconsciously are attracted to men they can't have, and that multiple other women want. If one woman says she does not desire you at all to other girls, she is having a major negative impact on your sexual value. That's where I draw the line. I've called out women before for saying this garbage about me. They don't see the point until I tell them "how would you appreciate me telling all my male friends that you're a major ****?" and then they usually get the picture.
You've basically nailed it.

There is a lot of BS about what attracts women but the bottom line is: If a guy is the type who women must compete for, they will compete for his affections. If there is little or no competition, they know he will be available when they need him - most likely for a shoulder to cry on - and as soon as things start to look up again, he'd back in the friends category.

The sad thing is that almost the only men who have the qualities any more to make a marriage last are the "nice guys". They work hard at the important things because thy cannot win on the superficial. However, women only look for such characteristics after they are married and become unhappy. Then, should they get out of the marriage, they quickly go back to the same approach to selecting men.

The sooner that nice guys come to the realization that modern marriage is a suckers game, the sooner they can start becoming happy with their life. Unfortunately the message in the MSM is not telling them this. Its all about how they can become more attractive to women by doing those things they already do and the guys who get married seldom do. They read this garbage and it gives them false hope.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:01 PM

9 posts, read 9,684 times
I'm a Man, and I respect nice guys, their good people. I've never been so myself, well, I was in elementary school, but in and out of the justice system turned me into a "bad guy", I guess, anyways, Women always seem to come to me because of that reputation and "aura" I guess, I DISLIKE it very much so, because I know I'm doing wrong, but Women are attracted to it? Essentially, Women are attracted to BAD Men like me, they say no, but they always end up with me... I can't respect them for that, makes me treat them like shyt because why would you pick me over a good man who genuinely would take care of you?

Way I see it, Women wanna have sex with the Bad Man, and taken care of by the Nice Man.

ALSO, to a guy like me, the whole "Bad boy" image is hilarious, it's just a superficial ass image, I've spent 12 years in state, and have done a lot of things in my time, the image was built because of that, not because I pranced around bein a "bad boy" trying to get airheads to have sex with me, NICE GUYS, take this advice, stand up for what YOU believe in, but be a gentleman, if a woman doesn't appreciate and chase you because of that, leave her, shes not good enough for you.

Oh, and, coming from somebody who's been surrounded by REAL Bad Men his whole life, the "NICE" guys, are usually the guys who are the most level headed and real, I've known a lot more tough nice guys then I've known tough bad boys, that whole bad boy crap is just a image little boys put on in hopes of smex.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:52 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Why not give the illusion of being a bad boy?

Old 03-22-2010, 08:57 PM

9 posts, read 9,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Why not give the illusion of being a bad boy?

Because you AREN'T bad.. your just a WANNABE.. you want the image, but ya don't wanna do the things the REAL ones do

You ever pistol whip the ***** out of somebody for talkin shyt?

You ever run up into somebodies house and tied them and their kids up and ransacked their house for the drugs and money?

You ever walked up to somebody, laughed, pulled out your gun and blow a hole into them and walked off with a smirk on your face?

Ever done anything that a hardcore criminal would do?

No? You aren't a bad boy, be yourself and hope somebody finds you and likes you for who you are.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:11 PM

85 posts, read 227,138 times
Decent guys just need to be interesting, spontaneous and funny. Being well slim and tall certainly helps in my case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships