Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 08:54 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times

Advertisements

Young lady--I have raised 3 daughters and i knew exactly when they became aware of thier ability to attract the attention of boys. I think you know what you are doing. I think you like the attention and I think we had a name for girls like you when we were young. A co*k tease. I hope your mom is proud of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 09:16 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
I guess the thing that bothers me still is how causally it was taken when essentially a drunken naked man was in the house. I also have a problem with the "just be yourself no matter where you are" advice. Both of these attitudes are irrational idealistic nonsense. Maybe next time he will think he need to try a little harder and start grabing on. That how they start. There is a time for everything. The drunken naked man should be in jail for assault and women can't just be herself where she pleases. Sorry that's the world we live in.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:34 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
On a final note to this thread, Ablees8951 is my daughter, not only is she very good looking, she has a body that kills, she is smart and has a great job, a nice car and has her ducks all in a row. I've already schooled her as to the ways of life in this department, hence why she handled things so well. The women in my family are just *cursed* LOL (totally being sarcastic here) with good looks and personality!!! LOL Everyone gave her some great advice!!!
That's all fine and everything, but would you PLEASE tell her to stop hitting on me? 'No' means 'No'!!!

It's VERY unbecoming.....

BTW, I'll be the first to get the a$$-kissing comment in of, "You don't look NEAR old enough to have a daughter that age. (That should earn enough brownie points to keep me in business awhile longer... )

Old 09-23-2009, 10:36 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
That's all fine and everything, but would you PLEASE tell her to stop hitting on me? 'No' means 'No'!!!

It's VERY unbecoming.....

BTW, I'll be the first to get the a$$-kissing comment in of, "You don't look NEAR old enough to have a daughter that age. (That should earn enough brownie points to keep me in business awhile longer... )

LOL Ok! I'll tell her to stop! LOL Well, thank you - brownie points have been awarded.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Young lady--I have raised 3 daughters and i knew exactly when they became aware of thier ability to attract the attention of boys. I think you know what you are doing. I think you like the attention and I think we had a name for girls like you when we were young. A co*k tease. I hope your mom is proud of you.

Dan! You are very wrong. There is also a word for young men who think they can just go around bedding women - arrogant.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:38 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
Ok so here's the thing...I am a friendly, outgoing, flirty, completely happy woman and I realize I really need to be a little more reserved. I dont want to come off like a b*tch though.

Here's what happened last night...
I had a few friends over last night and I'm being a outgoing (flirty whatever), just because thats my personality (Not flirting intentionally). Well guy #1 at the end of the night gets jealous of me hanging out with guy #2 most of the night, so I get a text from him after they leave asking what was going on with me and guy #2 in which I reply "nothing." And then there is guy #3, guy #3 gets jealous of guy #1 & #2 and (what appears to be on purpose bc of comments he made) locks his keys in his car so that he has to stay the night, which I did NOT realize at first (WHO DOES THAT?!?!?). Everyone leaves and guy #3 says "well looks like I have to sleep over" and starts taking his clothes off! I tell him he'll be very comfortable on the couch and I'll wake him up @ 6, like he wanted. Then he tries to tell me how badly "I want him!" NOT TRUE!!! Tells me he knows I feel the chemistry and he'll show me a good time. I make it very clear that I have no interest in him and tell him to go back to the couch. He tries yet AGAIN! And he was shot down AGAIN! I told him I was sorry if I mislead him in anyway, and he brings up my flirting, I tell him how sorry I am and I'm just very outgoing and bubbly...he still finds this hard to believe, and finally goes to sleep on the couch. I lock my bedroom door and lie there dumbfounded lol. I thought we were just having fun hanging out nothing more! WOW!

Why is it that being outgoing and bubbly is more trouble then anything? I mean when I go out with friends or have people over should I just sit there, be quiet, laugh occassionally?? I just thought I was in good company with friends who I have known for a decent amount of time and was having a good time. Does anyone else have this issue? If so how do you tone it down? I want to have fun but apparently its coming off VERY wrong to people and I need advice! HELP!!!!!!!
1. they are young, immature, insecure, and petty.
2. perhaps you're more flirtatious than you realize, and dont' mean to do so.
3. would it be "flirty" in your opinion if you had a BF and he'd been there?

Old 09-23-2009, 10:58 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
Ok so here's the thing...I am a friendly, outgoing, flirty, completely happy woman and I realize I really need to be a little more reserved. I dont want to come off like a b*tch though.

Here's what happened last night...
I had a few friends over last night and I'm being a outgoing (flirty whatever), just because thats my personality (Not flirting intentionally). Well guy #1 at the end of the night gets jealous of me hanging out with guy #2 most of the night, so I get a text from him after they leave asking what was going on with me and guy #2 in which I reply "nothing." And then there is guy #3, guy #3 gets jealous of guy #1 & #2 and (what appears to be on purpose bc of comments he made) locks his keys in his car so that he has to stay the night, which I did NOT realize at first (WHO DOES THAT?!?!?). Everyone leaves and guy #3 says "well looks like I have to sleep over" and starts taking his clothes off! I tell him he'll be very comfortable on the couch and I'll wake him up @ 6, like he wanted. Then he tries to tell me how badly "I want him!" NOT TRUE!!! Tells me he knows I feel the chemistry and he'll show me a good time. I make it very clear that I have no interest in him and tell him to go back to the couch. He tries yet AGAIN! And he was shot down AGAIN! I told him I was sorry if I mislead him in anyway, and he brings up my flirting, I tell him how sorry I am and I'm just very outgoing and bubbly...he still finds this hard to believe, and finally goes to sleep on the couch. I lock my bedroom door and lie there dumbfounded lol. I thought we were just having fun hanging out nothing more! WOW!

Why is it that being outgoing and bubbly is more trouble then anything? I mean when I go out with friends or have people over should I just sit there, be quiet, laugh occassionally?? I just thought I was in good company with friends who I have known for a decent amount of time and was having a good time. Does anyone else have this issue? If so how do you tone it down? I want to have fun but apparently its coming off VERY wrong to people and I need advice! HELP!!!!!!!
I'm assuming guys no. 1, 2 and 3 are heterosexual? If they are, understand that they just MAY be interested in you sexually, and if you show them the fun, outgoing and bubbly personality you say you do, chances are you will be hit on by them. A lot.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
I'm assuming guys no. 1, 2 and 3 are heterosexual? If they are, understand that they just MAY be interested in you sexually, and if you show them the fun, outgoing and bubbly personality you say you do, chances are you will be hit on by them. A lot.
All three are heterosexual yes, as it would be the truth came out later this week. Guy #1 (making all the moves) asked #2 and #3 to "leave, I've been working on this girl for three months" - to which when we found out he had said that were ALL peeved at him. We all work together minus my daughter, but we are ALL friends. Friends just hanging out, others were invited, no one else showed, we all hang out quite often so it wasn't like it was inappropriate or anything.
Guy #1 just is a terrible drunk, he's clnically an alcoholic, he never acted like this before and I guess when people drink, their true intentions come out. Point is, my kid was just being herself, the same way she acts at work, home, out and about, etc...

In this situation, it's the guys fault. He crossed several lines, made wrong assumptions and as we have learned, he's done this before so -it's done and overwith and we are all laughing about it now. We are all still friends but, we will not be inviting him anytime soon when we all hang out.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:41 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
So that's one down. But there is still the other guy who was jealous of her paying all the attention to guy 2. I guess these guys who work with you don't mind hitting on your daughter in front of your nose.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:46 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,550,852 times
A girl your age shouldnt be hanging around 3 guys anyway...they couldve all force themselves on you and claim it was all your fault
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships