Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2009, 10:27 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
How many gods are there in your Bible?
There is only one real God spoken of in my Bible. Yet Scripture speaks of numerous false ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Thats the problem with most of the bible's 'prophecies' - a person can interpret them to suit this or that point in time whichever suits that person's views
My view has nothing to do with the prophecies fulfillment. The prophecy can only be fulfilled when it agrees with all the other prophecies that speak of it. It's like a combination lock, you can believe whatever numbers you want to. Yet, only the right numbers will open the lock. Prophecy is the same way.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:40 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
There is only one real God spoken of in my Bible. Yet Scripture speaks of numerous false ones.
Then maybe you can explain Genesis 11 verse 7, "Come, let us go down, and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech."

Who is the us in this passage, sounds to me like there's more than one God. Who is your God talking to?

Old 02-15-2009, 10:52 AM

998 posts, read 1,332,616 times
Quote:
One Creator, known by different names from tribe to tribe,but still one Creator.
Ahh...as was written in a Hadith that God had send down messengers to every people of the world to worship only 1 God

Old 02-15-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Ahh...as was written in a Hadith that God had send down messengers to every people of the world to worship only 1 God
Don't know what you're Hadith is,I am assuming that it is some sort of book, Native American people have no written sacred books,our cultural and beliefs are passed on from generation to generation,individuals among us are selected and taught the sacred ways of our Creator and they have not changed from the beginning.But what you say could be true and if that is the case,then we are all worshiping the same Creator,are we not?

Old 02-15-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Then maybe you can explain Genesis 11 verse 7, "Come, let us go down, and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech."

Who is the us in this passage, sounds to me like there's more than one God. Who is your God talking to?
This is the reason I believe in the three in one God. In the Scriptures God speaks to the other members of the Godhead. In the Old Testament it states that God created all things, and He did this (ALONE) and (BY HIMSELF). Yet in the New Testament it tells us, that Jesus created all things. The only way such a thing could be possible, is if both the God of the Old Testament, and Jesus of the New Testament = One God.
And that is why we read in 1 John 5:7,8 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit; and these three (ARE ONE).

The (US), is the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit who all = ONE GOD.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
This is the reason I believe in the three in one God. In the Scriptures God speaks to the other members of the Godhead. In the Old Testament it states that God created all things, and He did this (ALONE) and (BY HIMSELF). Yet in the New Testament it tells us, that Jesus created all things. The only way such a thing could be possible, is if both the God of the Old Testament, and Jesus of the New Testament = One God.
And that is why we read in 1 John 5:7,8 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit; and these three (ARE ONE).

The (US), is the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit who all = ONE GOD.
Okay, so now you're God goes around talking to himself, seems to me he needs some psychological help, I mean what god goes around talking to himself and if that were the case why would I want to believe in a crazy Christian God who goes around talking to himself.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:37 AM

998 posts, read 1,332,616 times
Quote:
Don't know what you're Hadith is,I am assuming that it is some sort of book, Native American people have no written sacred books,our cultural and beliefs are passed on from generation to generation,individuals among us are selected and taught the sacred ways of our Creator and they have not changed from the beginning.But what you say could be true and if that is the case,then we are all worshiping the same Creator,are we not?
Hadiths are a collections of Islam's prophet's sayings (lots are true, others are heresay or weak - there's a tedious process in filtering the strong hadith from the weak)
What the Messenger essentially said was that there were around 114,000++ (somewhere around that figure if im not wrong) Prophets send down by God to every society since the beginning of time. As for Messengers there were around 33 of them. The difference between these 2 is that Messengers bring forth God's book. David's Pslams, Moses' Torah, Jesus' Bible & Muhammad's Quran are among some of the more famous Books. Prophets do not have books ie they were sent as Warners or as Leaders to lead their society to worship the One true God. They were each meant for that particular society at that particular time. Maybe over the years after their deaths, their people started to put up statues of them in commerations of their good deeds which somehow then descended into Idol worship etc. Maybe Buddha could be a prophet preaching 1 God, only for his followers to later lose their way after his death...who knows?
But like you said there are other societies like the Native Americans or a few tribes in Africa who worship 1 God..no son of god or godhead etc.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:09 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,521,494 times
Quote:

Wow, after all that has been said here for learning, it must have been the inventors of God (ascribing to him their own evil intents..)

Old 02-15-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Okay, so now you're God goes around talking to himself, seems to me he needs some psychological help, I mean what god goes around talking to himself and if that were the case why would I want to believe in a crazy Christian God who goes around talking to himself.
Well it sounds crazy to you, because your concept of God is one person, yet the Bible reveals He exist as three persons. And the reason you would want to believe in Him, is because He is the only God that fulfilled the prophecies of the Old Testament. And He is the only God that can save you from sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality