Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 09:07 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
There is no reason a Christian should be fearful of judgment and eternal damnation. Shame on any church that teaches that! It's not Biblical.

Actually, since Christianity can't agree on what it takes to procure "salvation", Christians should be afraid that they might be wrong and on the way to hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
There is no way you were really ever truly a born again christian John 3:3 and have learned the truth to later deny the whole thing. You were never a real believer to begin with.
There it is, the "you weren't a truuuuue Christian" reply. But here's the problem. He thought he was. He sincerely believed that he was in fact a true Christian. Now if he sincerely believed he was a true Christian and yet was not, what makes you think that you are not so deceived? Why are you different?

Old 11-08-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightinsky View Post
So 500 account witnesses including the disciples and many others is not enough for you. If this were a court of law the case would be over and closed. Foolish thinking. If you discount Jesus existed why don't you discount other well none historical figures existed that you never personally seen yourself like enstein,napoleon, columbus, aristotle, king herod, hundreds upon hundreds for centuries came and went that you or I didn't personally see yet you only choose to discount Christ's existence.

Let me ask you a question. Do aliens exist?

500 witnesses? Who are they? What are their names? Do you have testimony from each of them? Do you have their addresses?

Old 11-08-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Satan has already been defeated. His power on this earth is over....all that is left is what lay in men's hearts and minds. So don't worry about him.....if you somehow think he is still around...he isn't.

Just like folks worship Hitler in the white power advocates, Hitler and his cohorts are long dead...but in man's heart, he still remains...the same goes for the devil....he has been defeated. Over...end game.

just my two cents FWIW

Why then does the Apostle Paul say that Satan goes about like a lion, seeking whom he can devour? Why does Paul say that Satan, the "god of this world" blinds people to the gospel so they can't be saved?

Seems to me like your bible is saying Satan is still out and about and very powerful.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:17 PM

6 posts, read 8,521 times
" IT IS BETTER TO HAVE NEVER KNOWN ME< THEN TO KNOW ME AND LEAVE ME."

Sound to me like you been hurt by some people in the church? Also maybe you have heard some wrong teachings? I would try some other churchs before giving up on Christinity. I do not believe that ONLy Chirsitinas will be in heaven, but I do believe they must believe in Jesus Christ to be saved......many religions do believe.
Christian....means to follow Christ, not just a church of people.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:55 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,416,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilwings03 View Post
&quot; IT IS BETTER TO HAVE NEVER KNOWN ME< THEN TO KNOW ME AND LEAVE ME.&quot;

Sound to me like you been hurt by some people in the church? Also maybe you have heard some wrong teachings? I would try some other churchs before giving up on Christinity. I do not believe that ONLy Chirsitinas will be in heaven, but I do believe they must believe in Jesus Christ to be saved......many religions do believe.
Christian....means to follow Christ, not just a church of people.
It was a combanation of things that made me think Christianity may not be right for me. Yes, I have had some very nasty things done to me as a child by so-called Christians. I was in effect punished for choices that were not my own. Also, I know several Fundamentalist types that are more prejudice and hateful than all the Athiests I know. Finally, I started to study up on other faiths, many that pre-date Christianity and was astonished to find that Jesus was modeled after many other "savior" type religious figures like Mirthra(sp?). I found out that several faiths that pre-date Christianity had saviors that were: born of a virgin, was crucified and rose on the third day, had 12 apostles, was baptized in a river by a follower of the same name, ect, ect. I felt hurt and like everything I believed in was predicated on a lie. Now, I'm totally confused. Basically I still believe in God, but I believe good works, charity, morality, and kindness to others is the path to a good afterlife. I know MANY Christians who descriminate, perfering(sp?) to smugly proclaim that they have an express path to heaven while phenomenally great, giving ppl of other faiths are "going to burn in hell" because they are not members of "the one & only true faith". These ppl follow some scripture that says good works are not the way to heaven, so they don't lift a finger, instead relying on ppl like me to help out the ppl they won't, it's(imo) disgusting.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:59 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,416,484 times
Also, I don't believe at all in the concept that man is inherently flawed and evil, in other words I don't believe in sin. Lastly, whoever said I wasn't a "true Christian" is a perfect example of the judgemental ppl I'm trying to avoid. I was very very much a true Christian, baptized and all. Thank you to everyone who replied and supported me on this thread, Christians and Athiests alike!

Old 12-08-2009, 02:06 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,043,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
It is!

No, its a book written by men who were inspired by God but its not literal or inerrant. All of the stories were written from the perspective of the writers who wrote it, in a world that was vastly different then our world now.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
There is no way you were really ever truly a born again christian John 3:3 and have learned the truth to later deny the whole thing. You were never a real believer to begin with. Stop deceiving yourself and others into thinking one can come to the knowledge of truth and then go the totally opposite direction. Makes no sense. I don't know how old you are but you will die one day and regret the decision to publicly deny God ,Jesus Christ, and His divine truth the bible. May God help your soul. And to all the others on these forums supporting this decision you are deceived yourselves and have opened your selves to suducing sprits of the devil and you will pay a price. Psalm 14:1 "The fool says in his heart 'There is no God' ".

No, she is doing what everyone ought to do. Christianity is not the only religion and certainly not the only right religion. But one of the most arrogant religions.

What is it with Christians when someone really looks into what they believe and turns away from Christianity they are deceived.

I had no problem rejecting Christianity...

Old 12-08-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Why would anyone follow Christ, get persecuted, jailed, ridiculed, martryed for nothing if they didn't believe Christ Jesus was the real deal?

They wouldn't because the Old Testament proved He was who He said He was. Do some research before voicing an opinion on a topic so you don't come across as uneducated and foolish.

Lots of groups have followed people who professed to be a messiah and then they all died by choice..... Jonestown, Waco etc. Lots of people professed to be connected to God and people died following them.

The early Christians were martyred but once the Christian religion became the majority then they started persecuting all non Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality