Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 12:18 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,960,510 times

Advertisements

Wow. Lots of proselytizing going on here. Wicca, Unitarianism, Quantam Physics, Reincarnation, Mythical Christianity, Atheism, etc.... Seems like the OP was stating that they DON"T want to be told what to think! Give it a rest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 06:42 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,078 times
^ or

going in circles, perhaps. blessings.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:41 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Indeed, Effie. Enough clamour of pedlars of religious tourist trash and the OP will head for the airconditioned quiet of his hotel room to cool off.

He will find no -one there pestering him (or her) just peace and quiet.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:53 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,354,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
After years of difficult soul searching, I have decided to end my relationship with organized religion, specifically Christianity. I believe in God, whether it be an entity or entities, or a natural force, with all my heart and soul. I would be a lost soul without my faith, however, I do not feel I can obtain spiritual fufilment(sp?) by following blindly organized religion. My disillusionment with Christianity was painful at first, but now that I have accepted it, I feel free. My main issues with Christianity are as follows: I can't follow a group that thinks it knows, or has figured out everything about life and the divine. I don't believe there is "one true Faith" and "one true" spiritual path. I can't deal with a group that is so obviously misogynistic and had no room for women. I don't believe the Bible came directly from God and that it should be taken literally. The Bible was obviously written by powerful, educated men who used it as a tool to manipulate and keep the uneducated masses in line. I can't deal with a religion that views mankind(especially women) as inherently evil(sin) and weak, slaves to their base natures. Finally(I could go on but you get the major points), I don't believe that ONLY Christians will be saved and that everyone else, no matter how good, pious, and selfless, will BURN, or that the only way to salvation is to declare alliegence to Jesus. Those "saved" ppl can now never lift a finger to help others because "good works won't get you into Heaven" and no matter what they have done in the past(child rape, et al), all is forgiven but the Pagan/Hindi/Buddist who helps his fellows and is moral is condemned for Eternity. These are the major reasons why I can no longer call myself a Christian. If I BURN, so be it ; I followed my heart. ...lil red...... Btw, I am very sorry for the single paragraph. My PDA removes all the paragraph spaces. Thank you.
I agree with all you said except for this, "If I BURN, so be it." I would suggest finding out the origens of hell, and then you will know that it doesn't exist. Begin by googling "origens of hell."

I agree that the Unitarian church is a good idea if you want fellowship. They are usually intellectuals that go there and they all have different beliefs.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:22 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Are you also ending your relationship with Jesus?
That's always more difficult. I am sure he can afford better lawyers.

Old 10-12-2009, 03:23 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George_of_the_Jungal View Post
John 3:8:
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

If you never stepped outside to experience the wind you might likely not believe it exists...this is why you must step out in faith to receive from God. Separation from God in itself is hell enough.

Hebrews 11:6:
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Ooh teh wind - really? Lets see.

We know what causes weather, high pressure zones and low pressure zones try and equalize. Hence we have a flow of wind. This is evidenced in things like the rustling of tree leaves, smoke from smoke stacks, weather roosters upon a steeple for instance, anemometers, hell stand outside, you can even feel it on your skin, if it really blows maybe a bit of dust in your eye.

I am sure this argument worked with them goatherders who did not have these irritating factoids of science.

Err faith is a gift is it not? We do not know about this faith unless someone tells us about it or unless we read about it frum teh beeg book 1 Cor 12:9 IIRC? Yup
http://a9g.biblegateway.com/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=2&source=NIV&n=a79f0a7f (broken link)
9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit,
So IOW we get faith by learning about it? Talk about circular logic?

Old 10-13-2009, 01:04 AM

16 posts, read 47,969 times
You missed the whole point...just like most of you said if you look hear or feel you can experience and know the wind exists but if you bury your head in the sand like an ostridge...

Proverbs 9:10:
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Until you come to a point of believing God exists you are like the ostridge. The fear in Proverbs is like the reverent fear although fear of hell is a good thing much as fear of fire it is only a part of the spirit of what the scriptures mean by fearing God. Hell was Gehenna a place where they dumped trash...nasty revilled. I like what a preacher said...if you landed in heaven not loving Jesus / God you wouldn't like it there anyhow. This is why I say seperation from God is hell enough.

When someone gets on an open forum posting what they dislike about church ect. kinda opens the door for us radical non-church goin Christians to chime in. I wouldn't want anyone to believe just on my word...seek truth for yourself...too many sheeple in this world (sheep blindly follow)

Old 10-21-2009, 07:39 AM

218 posts, read 311,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
After years of difficult soul searching, I have decided to end my relationship with organized religion, specifically Christianity. I believe in God, whether it be an entity or entities, or a natural force, with all my heart and soul. I would be a lost soul without my faith, however, I do not feel I can obtain spiritual fufilment(sp?) by following blindly organized religion. My disillusionment with Christianity was painful at first, but now that I have accepted it, I feel free. My main issues with Christianity are as follows: I can't follow a group that thinks it knows, or has figured out everything about life and the divine. I don't believe there is "one true Faith" and "one true" spiritual path. I can't deal with a group that is so obviously misogynistic and had no room for women. I don't believe the Bible came directly from God and that it should be taken literally. The Bible was obviously written by powerful, educated men who used it as a tool to manipulate and keep the uneducated masses in line. I can't deal with a religion that views mankind(especially women) as inherently evil(sin) and weak, slaves to their base natures. Finally(I could go on but you get the major points), I don't believe that ONLY Christians will be saved and that everyone else, no matter how good, pious, and selfless, will BURN, or that the only way to salvation is to declare alliegence to Jesus. Those "saved" ppl can now never lift a finger to help others because "good works won't get you into Heaven" and no matter what they have done in the past(child rape, et al), all is forgiven but the Pagan/Hindi/Buddist who helps his fellows and is moral is condemned for Eternity. These are the major reasons why I can no longer call myself a Christian. If I BURN, so be it ; I followed my heart. ...lil red...... Btw, I am very sorry for the single paragraph. My PDA removes all the paragraph spaces. Thank you.
There is no way you were really ever truly a born again christian John 3:3 and have learned the truth to later deny the whole thing. You were never a real believer to begin with. Stop deceiving yourself and others into thinking one can come to the knowledge of truth and then go the totally opposite direction. Makes no sense. I don't know how old you are but you will die one day and regret the decision to publicly deny God ,Jesus Christ, and His divine truth the bible. May God help your soul. And to all the others on these forums supporting this decision you are deceived yourselves and have opened your selves to suducing sprits of the devil and you will pay a price. Psalm 14:1 "The fool says in his heart 'There is no God' ".

Old 10-21-2009, 09:01 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quick someone!! Where's that Scooby Doo cartoon???

You see lilred? Just look at post 88 and feel relieved that you have put such people behind you.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:17 AM

218 posts, read 311,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Quick someone!! Where's that Scooby Doo cartoon???

You see lilred? Just look at post 88 and feel relieved that you have put such people behind you.
It's all a laughin matter to you and others on these forums isn't it. You can't mock God and get the last laugh. Let me sum this up for all of you.

Setting aside religions and there are many for a moment I will convey a final message to you.

I don't care whether you are buddist, christian, muslim, mystic this is a reality check for all of you.

I dare anyone on these forums to tell me no they haven't. Here it is. Just FYI- Approx. 150,000 people die each day worldly every (24 hours) of these numbers of deaths only a small percentage go to heaven. Christ said it Himself in the book of Matthew that broad is the road that leads to destruction and narrow is the gate and few find it.

1. Who considers themselves a good person is kidding themselves.
2. Have you kept the ten commandments, I haven't no one can keep them perfectly. eg. Have you lied, stolen, committed adultery (lust in your heart) as Jesus spoke, hated someone which the bible says is murder in the heart, idolized something or someone, blasphemed God's name as a curse word.
3. If anyone breaks one commanment they are guilty of breaking the whole law.
4. So if you are guilty of breaking God's moral law then who or what will redeem you or pay for your sins. No religion will do that, no false god will only Jesus Christ by the shedding of His precious blood can anyone be freed from sin past, present, and future.
5. So if God was to judge any of us by the standard moral law we all miserably fail and will be guilty and have to be eternall separated from Him when we die. But those who entrusted in Jesus Christ as their personal savior not because they deserve it but by grace through faith are we saved ephesians 2:8-10.
6. Call me what you will but I don't gain any money or noteriety by telling these things to all of you but only to save you from a firey torment awaiting all those who reject the messiah Yeshua Jesus Christ.

Last edited by Lightinsky; 10-21-2009 at 09:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality