Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 11:02 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightinsky View Post
You aint debating nothing you already proved nothing to me. You don't know for sure if aliens exist or not and you can't tell me to a certainty that Jesus Christ the messiah doesn't exist. Debate me and you WILL lose!
I'll risk it. See you in the new thread. I'll call it 'For Lightinsky'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 11:09 AM

218 posts, read 311,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I'll risk it. See you in the new thread. I'll call it 'For Lightinsky'.
Dont bother addressing it to me address it to yourself and call it For Raficulous.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:28 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Dont bother addressing it to me address it to yourself and call it For Raficulous.
The thread is up when you're ready.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:37 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,416,484 times
Default You are mistaken.

Quote:
There is no way you were really ever truly a born again christian John 3:3 and have learned the truth to later deny the whole thing. You were never a real believer to begin with. Stop deceiving yourself and others into thinking one can come to the knowledge of truth and then go the totally opposite direction. Makes no sense. I don't know how old you are but you will die one day and regret the decision to publicly deny God ,Jesus Christ, and His divine truth the bible. May God help your soul. And to all the others on these forums supporting this decision you are deceived yourselves and have opened your selves to suducing sprits of the devil and you will pay a price. Psalm 14:1 "The fool says in his heart 'There is no God' ".
I was very much a Christian, baptized and all, just like you. What, you think Christianity is SO pefect and divine that no one who is a Christian-oh excuse me-"True Christian", can ever decide for themseves that the religion, just like most/all organized religion is inherently flawed? What about AnUnidentifiedMale? I guess he wasn't a "true Christian" either, otherwise how could he now be-GASP- An Athiest?! People like you who are so quick to judge and smugly condemn because you are so sure you have the "right" religion are the biggest reason for me leaving Christianity. I may not have agreed with every principle of Christianity but I probably could have put my doubts aside, however what truly poisioned me against the faith were the Christians themselves, way too much hypocracy, judging, exclusion, smugness, and PRIDE! I'm thrilled that I no longer have to deal with these ppl, like my neighboor who is a hard core fundamentalist, unless he's trying to have sex with random women. No more for me! I'm happy to be a Pagan/Wiccan, nobody judges me and I can worship outside. See the diference between us is I'd NEVER judge you for you religious practices. Christianity is not for me but I'd never try to invalidate it.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:55 PM

Btw, it's kinda hard to be decieved by the devil or be destined for hell when you don't believe in either of them. I repeat: there is NO Satan in my faith, that achetype does not exist, furthur,I don't subscribe to a belief in hell or sin. I don't believe ppl were born defective and corrupt(sin), we are not inherently evil and I DON'T need religion or 10 comandments to live a moral and decent life. I bet I do more good works and charity then most of these Fundies but that's expected because why would you reach out to help your fellow man when "good works" don't matter, besides you're "saved", right?! I guess everyone in the whole world who does not subscribe to a Christian Fundamentalist religion, is going to hell. Yeah, right(that's sarcasm).

Old 10-22-2009, 04:24 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Btw, it's kinda hard to be decieved by the devil or be destined for hell when you don't believe in either of them.
Satan has already been defeated. His power on this earth is over....all that is left is what lay in men's hearts and minds. So don't worry about him.....if you somehow think he is still around...he isn't.

Just like folks worship Hitler in the white power advocates, Hitler and his cohorts are long dead...but in man's heart, he still remains...the same goes for the devil....he has been defeated. Over...end game.

just my two cents FWIW

Old 10-23-2009, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Satan has already been defeated. His power on this earth is over....all that is left is what lay in men's hearts and minds. So don't worry about him.....if you somehow think he is still around...he isn't.

Just like folks worship Hitler in the white power advocates, Hitler and his cohorts are long dead...but in man's heart, he still remains...the same goes for the devil....he has been defeated. Over...end game.

just my two cents FWIW
I wish I would have caught this post earlier and I hope you come back because I am curious. You are a Christian who doesn't believe in Satan? What do you mean "he's been defeated?" While I may not believe in Satan, as a former Christian I am suprised to hear of this view. Pardon my ignorance, but what's a "preterist?" I will try to google it but I'd like to hear your opinion. Take care, lil red

Old 11-06-2009, 10:57 PM

3 posts, read 3,568 times
Default You are not alone!

Lilred, I am happy for you that you had the guts to follow your heart. Only you can decide which path is right for you -or a combination of many (or none at all).

I am also an "ex-Christian". Aside from the fact that it didn't feel right, I was tired of the hypocracy, lack of tolerance, guilt trips, and the whole "shoving it down my throat" thing. (Please note, this does not apply to all Christians!) Taking religion classes and doing my own research have really helped me see a bigger picture.

At any rate, I have been Pagan now for several years and have never looked back. In fact, I feel much more spiritual now than I ever have. I am true to myself and it feels great! Of course there are "bad apples" in every bunch, but I have found Pagans, in general, to be very accepting, genuine, free-thinking, and fun.

Best of luck and Bright Blessings to you!

Old 11-07-2009, 09:58 PM

49 posts, read 95,058 times
You are not alone. I had a similiar experience and when i let go of organized religion/christianity, it seems like a load fell off of me and the feeling of freedom began. I hope you find that happiness that you are seeking and me as well, but this is a start, but be careful it is so much out there in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
After years of difficult soul searching, I have decided to end my relationship with organized religion, specifically Christianity. I believe in God, whether it be an entity or entities, or a natural force, with all my heart and soul. I would be a lost soul without my faith, however, I do not feel I can obtain spiritual fufilment(sp?) by following blindly organized religion. My disillusionment with Christianity was painful at first, but now that I have accepted it, I feel free. My main issues with Christianity are as follows: I can't follow a group that thinks it knows, or has figured out everything about life and the divine. I don't believe there is "one true Faith" and "one true" spiritual path. I can't deal with a group that is so obviously misogynistic and had no room for women. I don't believe the Bible came directly from God and that it should be taken literally. The Bible was obviously written by powerful, educated men who used it as a tool to manipulate and keep the uneducated masses in line. I can't deal with a religion that views mankind(especially women) as inherently evil(sin) and weak, slaves to their base natures. Finally(I could go on but you get the major points), I don't believe that ONLY Christians will be saved and that everyone else, no matter how good, pious, and selfless, will BURN, or that the only way to salvation is to declare alliegence to Jesus. Those "saved" ppl can now never lift a finger to help others because "good works won't get you into Heaven" and no matter what they have done in the past(child rape, et al), all is forgiven but the Pagan/Hindi/Buddist who helps his fellows and is moral is condemned for Eternity. These are the major reasons why I can no longer call myself a Christian. If I BURN, so be it ; I followed my heart. ...lil red...... Btw, I am very sorry for the single paragraph. My PDA removes all the paragraph spaces. Thank you.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:59 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,145 times
Quote:
You aint debating nothing you already proved nothing to me. You don't know for sure if aliens exist or not and you can't tell me to a certainty that Jesus Christ the messiah doesn't exist. Debate me and you WILL lose!
So he has to prove a negative? How about we throw that back on you; prove Shiva doesn't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality