Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2016, 10:58 AM

234 posts, read 202,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Being able to get to my job and my doctor is important to me.
You should tell him to up your meds. They clearly aren't working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 11:13 AM

13,927 posts, read 39,302,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
No, they don't and no, they don't.

Does your landlord (who is a freaking genius, by the way) require you to submit your employment and income information on a yearly basis? No, he doesn't. Katie's does because she's living off the govt and that's what they require.
My LL Requires this on ALL tenants Every Year. Only 6 of us are here on Section 8 the other 50 Pay in FULL ... Not talking about those on Section 8 & have to re-qualify BTW the Local HUD office does that Not the LL.

Old 04-20-2016, 12:15 PM

18,548 posts, read 15,590,462 times
Quote:
BZZT! In many areas you will have a difficult time finding a tenant who makes $6000 a month because in those areas people who earn $6000/month own homes.
Lots of temp/contract workers in engineering or tech that move a lot will be renting.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:53 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Being able to get to my job and my doctor is important to me.
Well, then you've set your priorities, and will have to live with the consequences. Which means no house that fits your criteria.

My priorities are owning a home and no HOA's. That means my husband has to drive a distance to his job, and my doctor is not close to me at all.

Life is about choices. We all make them. We all live with them.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:49 AM

freemkt In case you haven't heard there are Doctors & FFood places Every where now. I have 3 different Doctors they each see me Every 3 months. BTW Most areas in have Transportation to & from Doctors appt they pick you up at your door & drop you at the Drs office & when you done come back & get you Drop you at your door.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:54 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
??? ??? If I can afford to buy a 400 sq ft house and its land, but the zoning does not allow the independent sale of said property, how does it have NOTHING to do with zoning laws?

How many years ago was this? 15? 20? More? LET IT GO and figure out what you can do NOW to improve your situation. Bringing up the same old gripe over and over again is not the way to get ahead in life. If that's what you really want to do........

Old 04-21-2016, 11:38 AM

freemkt ... There is this Wonderful thing called the Internet. & a Wonderful Website called City-Data.com this web site reaches Around the World & so does the Internet.. Use to be when some one wanted to move Across town or across Country they had to take a chance on Jobs Housing Shopping & Doctors. Now you let your fingers do some typing on a Keyboard ALL that Information is at your Finger tips! So Make a List of Everything a City Town has to have so you can Live comfortable & then Start you PC and Search out those areas. Then when you get it narrowed down go into those State/City Forums & Ask Questions. Then when you get it down to that 1 area set up some appointments & Make arrangements to see the Town/Area in person.... The Move! YES that at your finger tips also! You can make moving arrangements right over the internet! GOOD LUCK!!!

Old 04-21-2016, 12:01 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,497,818 times
Quote:
The people pushing for a $15/hr minimum wage say that's why they want $15.

Why don't they say The Mortgage Won't Wait?

Do landlords have an instant gratification issue that lenders don't have?

There is a big difference between Rent and Mortgage

Rent and you never will own or change anything.

Pay of the Mortgage and you control it and can sell it.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
There is a big difference between Rent and Mortgage

Rent and you never will own or change anything.

Pay of the Mortgage and you control it and can sell it.

That what my son did SOLD his home just before they took it! Didn't get anything but saved his credit

Old 04-22-2016, 01:42 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOIGUY View Post
You should tell him to up your meds. They clearly aren't working.

Actually my BP pills work great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting