Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 12:05 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,978,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopHillers View Post
Two quick reactions:

1) It's fine and dandy that you and others embrace a liberal viewpoint. You have every right to do so and I support that right. The problem is that people who don't share that viewpoint are forced to pay for it. Therefore, liberalism becomes a political philosophy founded on taking other people's property against their will. There's nothing fair in that proposition.
Welcome to democracy, where supposedly the majority rule and votes count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 12:16 PM

218 posts, read 175,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
So we've come full circle back to the two wolves and a lamb deciding what's for lunch. Sooner or later you run out of lambs.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:18 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReachTheBeach View Post
What about anonymous internet slander? Has she ever stooped to that?
Her slander is anything but anonymous and she always makes sure she does it in front of the largest possible audience.

Personally I don't engage in slander and every word I wrote is true. But then, I wouldn't expect you to recognize the truth if it kicked you right in the nuts.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:20 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
Unless the majority and the vote are contrary to leftist ideology and then they don't count.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:25 PM

14,485 posts, read 20,667,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
Want to give a quick shout out to the OP for interjecting politics into the retirement forum Way to go
Ask the moderator to move it.
The topic was special COLA for veterans, retired, etc.

It was not a political topic until some of made one out of it. Ask the moderators to move it. Disabled veterans and retirees are unlikely to look in a pick a fight forum like politics for a headline about a possible special COLA that might help them out in the new year.

Last edited by howard555; 11-11-2015 at 12:51 PM..

Old 11-11-2015, 01:18 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,116,207 times
All of the posters who are blasting Elizabeth Warren and include the word...... "proven".

Please cite a reliable, factual statement that makes your allegation true.

Thank you.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:26 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,952,048 times
Did Princess Hunts at Whole Foods leave the reservation again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Elizabeth Warren cares enough to try to level the playing field, to make things fair for all. It's not just about you, not just about me.
You trust politicians to decide what constitutes a "level playing field"? You trust politicians to decide what is "fair" for us? This is a completely foreign viewpoint to me and the majority of people throughout the south, great plains and mountain west. Views like this are why I don't think we are actually a "United" States of America anymore. How long do we as a nation keep playing at the charade that we still share fundamental values with one another throughout the country?

Last edited by War Beagle; 11-11-2015 at 01:36 PM..

Old 11-11-2015, 01:32 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
Back to the question. No, I don't think she'll be able to get the bill passed. It pertains to us as retirees and it pertains to people who are being honored today, Veterans Day, but it will not be passed.

The most it will do is to draw attention to practices that are unfair to the two groups. In that way, it may influence future decisions. Seniors and veterans should not be invisible. It's good to have someone advocating for us.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:41 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,978,930 times
Quote:
Back to the question. No, I don't think she'll be able to get the bill passed. It pertains to us as retirees and it pertains to people who are being honored today, Veterans Day, but it will not be passed.

The most it will do is to draw attention to practices that are unfair to the two groups. In that way, it may influence future decisions. Seniors and veterans should not be invisible. It's good to have someone advocating for us.
Being as there's no Republican sponsors (surprise!), it won't pass.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:53 PM

241 posts, read 272,775 times
Quote:

It has no chance because it fixes nothing and is just a giveaway. If the intent is to draw attention to the issue I have no problem with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement