Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 11:19 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,277,063 times

Advertisements

I do worry about the young girls today.

It is Princess This or that - mani/pedi parties, makeup at a young age blah blah blah

What are we creating!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 11:26 AM

840 posts, read 1,120,725 times
Ha! Maybe if you are walking dead, aging doesn't bother you.

It's normal to worry about aging. I'm sure some women are able to not let it bother them so much.

But, I would question anyone who says everything is fine, life's a breeze, bring on the old age!!!

Old 09-08-2017, 11:42 AM

997 posts, read 710,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
There is nothing to get over. Everyone ages.

Listening to my older sisters - 11 years older - comments about aging, made me not want to be like that.

Who the hell were they fooling?? LOL

I would also tell them, if you want to "look" young at least wear a decent bra -
Good point. My two sisters, both of whom think they are younger looking than me and think they are still attractive at 57 and 62, have large droopy breasts that look like they go down to their waist--even with a bra. To me, a sagging aging bust gives you away every time especially if you are trying to wear things that expose your cleavage, like my sisters.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:54 AM

6,627 posts, read 7,346,527 times
Unless you are looking for a modeling job I think you will find as you get older it does not matter to your friends.

But what does matter is keeping fit so you might start a fitness program. If your health is good your age will not matter.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:56 AM

226 posts, read 214,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJuly View Post
Good point. My two sisters, both of whom think they are younger looking than me and think they are still attractive at 57 and 62, have large droopy breasts that look like they go down to their waist--even with a bra. To me, a sagging aging bust gives you away every time especially if you are trying to wear things that expose your cleavage, like my sisters.
My older sister is in her 60s but dresses like she is in her 20s. One time my mother commented on her low neckline and she answered "When you got it, flaunt it!". I commented that the young guys at the restaurant we were at probably weren't interested in seeing cleavage that looks like it is made of crepe paper. What the heck... she never liked me anyway. May as well give her a good reason not to!

Old 09-08-2017, 12:04 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Well, aren't you lucky! This is exactly what I was writing about. Women are so mean to each other. No supporting; just judging.
Just realize your experience is not the normal and for some of us it is a different journey, including suffering with health issues.
TRUTH There Sharpydove. 16 years of a hell I hope never to repeat. I am not a whiner and complainer but this was awful no sleep panic attacks can not breath not to mention the dripping hot flashes, emotions all over the board. And then one day I woke up and it was just over. I honestly felt so sorry for my husband. he was so understanding when I needed to change the sheets at night. Until I learned how to double sheet my side of the bed. Then I just had to pull the wet ones. And yes I used the same for when he was so sick with cancer and soaking the bed with sweats.

Old 09-08-2017, 12:17 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,955 times
would love to sit here and read this through alas I have work to get done here so throwing in my two cents. I was premature gray starting at 21. For years people thought I was actually having my hair frosted and complimented on how good it looked so I just kept my mouth shut about it just going gray naturally.

I look back at younger photos of me and I do look different from 40/50 years ago ,of course. I think now I have a much better figure than I had then. I know that one is even amazing to me. I still have the energy of my youth and hope to keep going and hold onto it for as long as the good Lord permits. I have no health issues unless you count the horrible charlie horse I have in my right leg from climbing a 20 foot ladder umpteen times yesterday while painting the outside of the house way up there on the gable end. This will heal and I am giving the painting a few days off to do so.

I do miss not being quite as strong as I used to be so things seem to go slower for me. For 68 I am still fairly strong and running a hand post driver and post hole digger putting up fence. Do all my own yard work. I actually have no help at all even to hire if I wanted so good thing I can do it all myself. Working smart and leverage is my best friend now.

All in all age is what it is and I believe I am also embracing it. I do use grease on my face because it makes me feel better to see the wrinkles softened some by it. And it feels good to softly rub it in. But it is just Equate version of Ucerine from walmart. I try to take care of my hair again because it makes me feel better about myself to at least try to look nice even if it is only for me. I go days at a time with out talking to people even on the phone. I am also fine with this.

12,062 posts, read 10,277,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
Unless you are looking for a modeling job I think you will find as you get older it does not matter to your friends.

But what does matter is keeping fit so you might start a fitness program. If your health is good your age will not matter.
That is my main focus now - getting my exercise and staying fit.

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
I've seen some amazing plastic surgery results on women between 50-70. Eye lifts, breast reductions, face lifts, laser treatments, fillers, etc. Its a favorite topic at my gym, probably because I work out with a bunch of doctors and doctors wives who are up on the latest machines and procedures. Most of these women are in pretty good shape already but age definately takes its toll. If it's something you want to fight you certainly can.
Just takes money and a high pain threshold. Obviously many people think it's worth it.

Old 09-08-2017, 12:19 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
Ha! Maybe if you are walking dead, aging doesn't bother you.

It's normal to worry about aging. I'm sure some women are able to not let it bother them so much.

But, I would question anyone who says everything is fine, life's a breeze, bring on the old age!!!
I'm concerned about aging as it relates to my finances and health. I'm not concerned about how to stay cute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement