Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2012, 02:36 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I got the Speculoos Cookie Butter and it was ... spectacular!!
What is the cookie butter? Is it a cookie dough or a butter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 02:58 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
I just went today for my first time. I was a TJ Virgin. lol. Things to know:

The parking lot is ONE WAY in and ONE WAY out. It's small and it was packed but I will say I waited only about two minutes for a parking spot because people were just pouring in and out of there.

Two Buck Chuck. It's wine (in various varieties), labeled "Charles Shaw". It's actually run by Fred Franzia, formerly of Franzia Winery (yanno, BOX WINE!). It's actually pretty good table wine & I bought it for cooking. Every adult in my fam is getting a bottle in their stocking this year LOL.

Unsweetened Coconut Milk in a half-gallon carton! So much you can do with this it's not even funny.

They really do have great prices on cheese. I thought the variety was actually really good for the size of the store.

The frozen, prepackaged stuff is endless and amazing in variety and quality. Hello, macarons? Yes please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I got the Speculoos Cookie Butter and it was ... spectacular!!
YES! I bought it too! I am almost scared to open it, because I am afraid I will go get a gardening tool and just trowel it down my throat. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
It's supposed to be a spread, I believe, that is apparently made of bits of stars and clouds and cookie biscuit pieces. Unhealthy as all get-out but really, I didn't buy it because I'm carb loading for a marathon. I'm going to stare at it for a while and then bust out the pretzel sticks. See if I am alive tomorrow. Haha!

Old 11-30-2012, 03:03 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
For any that goes to TJ just go to the garage at the other end of the shopping center. Its a two minute walk and it pleasant weather for it! No waiting and no hassle.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:48 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,557,580 times
Quote:
Use it like peanut butter. Great on toast, bagels, etc. My daughter made a diabetes special: cookie butter, peanut butter, and fluff, all toasted on the panini press....yummm, if only she had buttered the bread...

It has a flavor similar to gingerbread.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:30 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,646,222 times
Well, I've only been there once, but was not that impressed by anything I bought. It would take more than that to lure me in again, with the distance being so far. Maybe if I were a person that really liked wine...but I'm not, so the incentive just isn't there for me.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:24 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times
Quote:
OMG!!! Imagine peanut butter style spread with the taste of cookies....and you know what cookie butter is! ADDICTIVE for sure!

Old 11-30-2012, 11:27 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I just went today for my first time. I was a TJ Virgin. lol. Things to know:

The parking lot is ONE WAY in and ONE WAY out. It's small and it was packed but I will say I waited only about two minutes for a parking spot because people were just pouring in and out of there.

Two Buck Chuck. It's wine (in various varieties), labeled "Charles Shaw". It's actually run by Fred Franzia, formerly of Franzia Winery (yanno, BOX WINE!). It's actually pretty good table wine & I bought it for cooking. Every adult in my fam is getting a bottle in their stocking this year LOL.

Unsweetened Coconut Milk in a half-gallon carton! So much you can do with this it's not even funny.

They really do have great prices on cheese. I thought the variety was actually really good for the size of the store.

The frozen, prepackaged stuff is endless and amazing in variety and quality. Hello, macarons? Yes please!

YES! I bought it too! I am almost scared to open it, because I am afraid I will go get a gardening tool and just trowel it down my throat. LOL.

It's supposed to be a spread, I believe, that is apparently made of bits of stars and clouds and cookie biscuit pieces. Unhealthy as all get-out but really, I didn't buy it because I'm carb loading for a marathon. I'm going to stare at it for a while and then bust out the pretzel sticks. See if I am alive tomorrow. Haha!
YES!!! Another convert to fight for parking spaces over....LOL....Just use the parking garage to the right as you pull in and PLENTY of parking!

Old 12-01-2012, 07:51 AM

948 posts, read 1,842,509 times
I tried their lasagna and it was really good! Also the enchiladas weren't bad either. I would definitely go back.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:19 AM

3,216 posts, read 8,557,580 times
We've been buying the fire roasted corn (frozen). It was a huge hit at Thanksgiving, and we've been eating it about once a week. Yum!

Also bought a package of organic basil leaves (huge!!,) for $1.99. For $1.99 or so, at HEB, Target, et al, you get about 7 leaves. This was (I think) 4 oz, which was enough to flavor/use in three different recipes, including a pesto. Also Grabbed a pack of 4 artichokes, I think it was $4?

FWIW, I haven't found anything there that is more than it's equivalent at HEB/Target.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:46 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
YES!!! Another convert to fight for parking spaces over....LOL....Just use the parking garage to the right as you pull in and PLENTY of parking!
Not yesterday! TOTALLY FULL! I was like....whaaaa???? But, I did go at lunchtime so it was packed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio