Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2007, 02:22 PM

119 posts, read 544,243 times

Advertisements

FYI, I have spoken with two of the developers who own land along Alamo Ranch Parkway and they both say that they will have some of it developed by the end of the year if not shortly after. Gas stations, a CVS pharmacy, perhaps a professional building (dentists and such).

Old 01-09-2007, 07:01 PM

116 posts, read 472,638 times
Saw the new sign on the theater lot today. That confirms it; it's on 1604 maybe a mile south of Potranco, on the inside of the loop.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:27 PM

116 posts, read 472,638 times
New question: I thought the theater was maybe going to go up right next to Medio creek, where they've filled in the drop in elevation to make it flat. Anyone have any idea what's planned for that? Must be something relatively big, must have cost a good chunk of change to haul all that rock in there and level it out! I'm talking on the north bank of Medio creek, on the inside of loop 1604, right next to the bridge.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:06 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,155,707 times
Hey Red...I posted this back a few pages in this thread but if you click on the link and scroll down, you should be able to see an aerial view with some possible retail already in place. I believe it shows a Kohl's in that spot near Medio Creek but who knows if that's a given. I always had heard that Kohl's was going further up towards Military Dr West though...

http://cdx.xceligent.com/attachments/548/890548.pdf

So, the sign for Santikos is up and it's about a mile down from the intersection? Wow, that's much further down than I had imagined. I always thought it was more or less right across 1604 from the new Wal Mart.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:46 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,670,925 times
Default Here's The Dirt on Loop 1604

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOregon View Post
New question: I thought the theater was maybe going to go up right next to Medio creek, where they've filled in the drop in elevation to make it flat. Anyone have any idea what's planned for that? Must be something relatively big, must have cost a good chunk of change to haul all that rock in there and level it out! I'm talking on the north bank of Medio creek, on the inside of loop 1604, right next to the bridge.
If I am not mistaken, all that dirt came from the excavation just south of the new 1604 bridge. For some reason they did not like the elevation of the hill, so they basically eliminated the hill and moved it to the other side of 1604.
This was good for another couple of months delay.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:51 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,670,925 times
Default Alamo Ranch and Loop 1604

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobvandy View Post
For those of you who live in Alamo Ranch or may know about it:

How many houses have they built so far? How fast do they plan to build the rest of it? Is that Dell Webb community mainly for retirees? Anyone know when they plan to build the 151 bridge/underpass over/under 1604? Any info helpful. TIA
I don't know how many homes have been built (maybe 500 or so), but I have noticed more builders are moving into the Alamo Ranch area. The Del Webb area is for 55 and above folks if I'm not mistaken.
As for the 151 bridge/underpass over/under Loop 1604, it is scheduled for this spring (2007). Of course, the way other projects, like widening Culebra and Potranco outside Loop 1604, it will probably be delayed again (originally from 2006).

Old 01-09-2007, 09:44 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,243,535 times
Santikos Granada theater will have 18 screens (it was originally going to have 16).

Old 01-10-2007, 02:15 PM

260 posts, read 1,145,244 times
Default I concur

All I can do is concur with Steelman. They've not been building as many in AR since about November, but things pick up in the Spring. Now is probably a good time to buy as they have a pretty good incentive going on (> over $10K assuming you want to use Pulte mortgage, and the others probably have some as well).

BY THE WAY, also exciting news for us is that exclusive to the Pulte community ( I spoke to the guy in charge ) they are going to be building more than just a pool and a park in their ammenity center at Alamo Ranch. They're going to have a mini-water park complete with waterslides, water toys for kids, along with a couple pools to include a lap pool as well for you athletes. In the amenity center there will also be two soccer fields, a basketball court, and I think maybe a tennis court or two. Of course there are locker rooms planned as well as a community center for hosting parties and stuff.

Planned completion date is c. April, but the announced date I think is June.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:34 PM

119 posts, read 544,243 times
Excellent info guys, thanks!

Old 01-11-2007, 10:58 AM

144 posts, read 687,123 times
BY THE WAY, also exciting news for us is that exclusive to the Pulte community ( I spoke to the guy in charge ) they are going to be building more than just a pool and a park in their ammenity center at Alamo Ranch. They're going to have a mini-water park complete with waterslides, water toys for kids, along with a couple pools to include a lap pool as well for you athletes. In the amenity center there will also be two soccer fields, a basketball court, and I think maybe a tennis court or two. Of course there are locker rooms planned as well as a community center for hosting parties and stuff.

Planned completion date is c. April, but the announced date I think is June.[/quote]

It will be very nice indeed but for $2000 a year in HOA fees I'd better get a rollercoaster too. My sis in law lives in a community outside Phoenix i little higher scale than A/R and she only pays $800. Just a little observation ...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio