Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2008, 04:16 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,544,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
mmmh, chicken noodle soup sounds really good, but I like the noodles from scratch

My mom used to make some really good chicken noodle soup and the noodles were super thick. I think the only thing I liked about her was some of the food she made. weird
You have one of those mothers too?

To tie this back in to topic....a mom and pop shop is exactly what we need around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 04:31 PM

410 posts, read 1,250,798 times
Quote:
seriously? I was just at the 151/410 one last Saturday for dinner. We sat at the same table and had the same waiter we had last time. Hopefully that's safe because I love their food and the waiter is really nice. He talked about his wife and kids, so I doubt he'd be willing to risk all that for a few dollars.
I don't know anything about that particular brand of restaurant or location, ahem.

On an unrelated note, have you ever worked at a carnival where you have to guess someone's age or weight? My guess is you'd be very good...

Old 10-09-2008, 05:58 PM

604 posts, read 1,532,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrlatsha View Post
I'm not saying anything about any restaurants, but certain ones are under investigation for credit card fraud. At least 15 people I know have had their credit card numbers stolen from a restaurant in SA. Turns out there has been many others that had it happen to them too...

On a completely unrelated note, ahem, I would pay cash for potato soup.
Cash you say....hmmm I did just make A huge pot of potato soup with lotsa white cheddar,a little green onions sprinkled wit bacon bits

Old 10-09-2008, 07:28 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,432,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Greed View Post
People always rave about this Sips & More place but I personally have not been there. It's in the South Texas Research property off 211.

Anyone else notice they are starting to "break ground" just in front of the Walmart. They fenced off the section with that temporary orange fencing.

I really like Sips. I guess their stuff just sits really well with my belly!

And I noticed that they were starting to get to work by Walmart...maybe the park that's been in the plans for awhile?

Old 10-09-2008, 07:46 PM

314 posts, read 833,596 times
Quote:
I'm not saying anything about any restaurants, but certain ones are under investigation for credit card fraud. At least 15 people I know have had their credit card numbers stolen from a restaurant in SA. Turns out there has been many others that had it happen to them too...
I can confirm that...I am one of them. There were 13 of us that got hit for $500-$2k each, for me it was $775 at wal-mart...pay cash!

Old 10-10-2008, 12:50 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,477,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
I really like Sips. I guess their stuff just sits really well with my belly!

And I noticed that they were starting to get to work by Walmart...maybe the park that's been in the plans for awhile?
I second that for SURE!!! Went yesterday morning after my Dr Apt and picked up 2 lbs of their world famous Chicken Salad...mom, friend and I had a wonderful luncheon here at home (too much on my feet stuff after Dr Apt, parking, xrays, antibiotics rx) and have some to enjoy with my sister today when she comes over...that stuff is AWESOME....as is all their food!

Old 10-10-2008, 05:28 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,219,047 times
Quote:
I know someone who was a waitress at a very popular mexican rest in SA. She told me to always but a box around the tip amount so they couldn't change the amount of the tip. Apparently they had problems with workers adding a number in front of the tip amount . She said it wasn't a lot and that is how they got away with it because most people don't check their credit card statements and wouldn't notice $10 or $20. If you do that enough times through out the day you would have a nice chunk of change.

BTW, I check EVERY charge on my cc against my checkbook register. I write EVERYTHING down.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:20 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,427,585 times
wow, I rarely carry around cash, but I might have to change that..

I'm not getting the weight/age guesser part though

Old 10-10-2008, 09:28 AM

410 posts, read 1,250,798 times
Quote:
wow, I rarely carry around cash, but I might have to change that..

I'm not getting the weight/age guesser part though
Your guess may have been spot on with the location...

Old 10-10-2008, 09:31 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,427,585 times
hmm, hopefully they get rid of the people. I just checked my banking and the amount was correct. I'm going to remember that square around the amount thing though, or I may just tip in cash only and draw a line through the tip. I already draw the line across it when I go to places that have a tip amount in the receipt for no reason. It's usually at pizza places and I'm not going to tip the person at the counter. They shouldn't include that portion on the receipt when it's a to-go order and not a delivery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio