Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2009, 07:11 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
We went to Logan's for dinner tonight - my husband was seriously dying for their rolls. I had the three tiny burgers and fries, along with an icy cold Bud Light. My husband had some sort of slab of cow meat and a baked potato, along with his own icy cold Bud Light.

The food (including those rolls) was REALLY good, but what impressed me most was the service. This was seriously the best service we'd had in a restaurant in like...ever. And of course I've forgotten the waiter's name, but he was fan-damned-tastic - attentive without hovering, which is just as it should be. He also gave us a coupon so my burger and fries were free, which was super nice of him.

I was really impressed, to be honest. You guys know how I feel about chains.
Which one? I had a terrible experience at the new one at Culebra/1604. Gristle (grissle?) on the steak, spotty service (overbearing at first, then when I really needed a refill, she was gone like the wind), the peanuts were completely stale, and it was too loud in there for me. We were seated next to a huge table of schoolteachers on a Friday afternoon, and they can get (understandably) pretty rowdy. I was just not in the mood, I guess. I like Texas Roadhouse better....yup yup a chain!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 07:20 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,410,674 times
In Ft. Worth for the TCU game, went to Joe T. Garcias. I realize i have been going there for forty years. Not the best Mexican food, but always the same.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:14 AM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Default Arirang Korean Restaurant

Tried Arirang, the new Korean Restaurant at Austin Hwy ( former Mi Rak Won) last night. Yes, it is fresh remodeled and has new owners - young Korean family.
I ordered the recommended Ttook Bulgogi ( marinated beef in hot stone bowl ).
The order was preceded by several little dishes with a variety of pickled appetizers like Kim-Chi, Seaweed, Fried tofu etc. I enjoyed every bite of it
The main dish arrived soon after and was still sizzling in the bowl. It was thin sliced marinated, very tender beef with vegetables and glass noodle, incredible tasty and just perfectly seasoned, served with steamed rice in a separate bowl.
Attachment 52103 Attachment 52104 Attachment 52105
The menu includes soups, stir fry/stew, broiled fish, noodle dishes, snacks and casserole; soft drinks, beer and Korean wine. The prices quite reasonable.
The restaurant is not very attractive yet - I hope to see more Korean accents on the walls, but is clean and has new furniture. Space is divided to create small intimate areas. The service was very attentive, prompt and personable. Modern Korean music is soft and not intruding. Arirang is a nice place with good food and I will be back to try other dishes.
Open Tue-Sun 11 AM till 2 AM. Credit cards o.k.

Last edited by elnina; 01-22-2010 at 02:10 PM..

Old 11-01-2009, 08:30 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,684,571 times
We went to Little Italy on Friday night.

Arrived at 7pm with our own bottle. Had it corked at the bar and waited for a table. We were sat one glass later, however long that took...

Our waitress was a doll and very knowledgable about the menu.

We enjoyed our sample slice of pizza and against our better judgement, we did not order it.

Instead, we started with the "hand breaded" mozzerela sticks. It made for a yummy appetizer, but I was hesitant to believe that they were made in house, I never asked though.

It turns out that the tortellini, raviloli and a few other dishes are not made in house either. Granted, waitress said they don't fall frozen off of a Tyson foods truck...they work with some other company that delivers fresh Italian staples to restaurants. But whatever.

Well, I was jonesin' for some tortellini anyway and after the waitress mentioned that the alfredo sauce is made in house I figured lets go with the tortellini with light alfredo, split plate with hubby. The meal comes with a soup or salad, hubby chose the minestrone. He said it was good...average...nothing bad about it but not remarkable.

The tortellini was a huge mistake. The presentation was plain and unappetizing, it was not served hot and the alfredo sauce was not good, in fact it was bland and the texture and color reminded me of when you leave chalk outside on the sidewalk and it rains...yeah.

So, the pizza regrets haunted us, excuse the pun, and last night on Halloween we decided to call in a to go order for one large cheese. It is not the closest drive, but the pie was still hot when we got home.

All in all, there are a few other dishes I may want to try, I love that they have corkage, I enjoyed our service and the place is pretty darn cheap. Not sure if we will really ever go back for dinner, but we will for sure pick up a pizza again.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:39 AM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,896 times
Had panchitos on west ave for breakfast, good food but it getting expensive.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:04 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
wWillsatx: I agree, at Panchitos food is good, but not great. And is getting expensive

Old 11-01-2009, 11:19 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,293,158 times
I drank a couple of Shiners at Casbeers on Halloween. They were deeedamnlicious.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:44 AM

667 posts, read 1,567,755 times
NE Red Lobster last night; endless shrimp, yum!

Old 11-02-2009, 10:28 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,139,513 times
Luciano's Pizzeria on 281/Evans on Halloween. Great eggplant parmigiana with antipasto. Hubby had pizza with the avocado salad. Delicioso!!!

Old 11-02-2009, 10:33 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,209,594 times
Went to Cheddars yesterday around 5:00. Only two of us and the wait was less than 5 minutes.
It was OK, just OK. Nothing I would go around the block for.
My dh ordered a margarita, it tasted like lemonade and he didn't drink it, so they took it off the bill.

The prices were good, both of our plates were under $8 each, so that's a plus. I would go back if I was in the area but I wouldn't make a special trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio