Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 05:06 PM

2 posts, read 13,992 times

Advertisements

I've been a bit frustrated the last few months. I'm an east coast transplant and moved out here to improve my surfing performance and for a new job.

I'm 26.. pretty easy going and easy to get along with but having a hard time making friends to go out at night with. Do people have any advice, places to go, groups in San Diego that are all about meeting new people?

All the friends ive made at work are married, older than me, or have gfs

-Dan

dsurfer21@yahoo.com
MySpace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 05:17 PM

39 posts, read 260,379 times
Yah, me too. Im 30 years old and single guy who just moved back to San Diego about 2 years ago more or less, and I havent been able to make friends here at all, I don't know why. Any advice or help or suggestions? Thanks,

Jason

Old 10-28-2007, 05:42 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,480,690 times
where do you live / hang out?
Do you play sports / surf / whatever?

If you are into SoCal activities (hiking, surf, skate, soccer, cycling, running, etc) you can meet people through organized groups which can be quite large.

If you are a partier, live at the beach (PB, MB, OB)

Old 10-28-2007, 05:51 PM

well, let me put it this way.... I was living in Mexico for like about 7 years doing charity and religous work down there. Ive been back for about 2 years now, but Im still a little bit in culture shock. But i tried to make new friends at different churches but that didnt seem to work out at all. so Im leaving the church scene now. And rememeber, I live in El Cajon kind of near 2nd street and Broadway. So I basiclly either hang out at the mall-Parkway Plaza or here at home online on myspace or somehting like that. I work at a vons here in East County as well. Ive been working there for about a year now. But I havent made real friends with anyone there. So, well, I dont know if it's harder to make friends out here in el cajon/east county??? But, Im thinking about joining and going to the gym now daily, I really need to becasue of my weight. Anyways, that's my current situation right now.

So tell me what you think-tips, advice, etc etc etc

Thanks.....

Jason

Old 10-28-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddball26 View Post
well, let me put it this way.... I was living in Mexico for like about 7 years doing charity and religous work down there. Ive been back for about 2 years now, but Im still a little bit in culture shock. But i tried to make new friends at different churches but that didnt seem to work out at all. so Im leaving the church scene now. And rememeber, I live in El Cajon kind of near 2nd street and Broadway. So I basiclly either hang out at the mall-Parkway Plaza or here at home online on myspace or somehting like that. I work at a vons here in East County as well. Ive been working there for about a year now. But I havent made real friends with anyone there. So, well, I dont know if it's harder to make friends out here in el cajon/east county??? But, Im thinking about joining and going to the gym now daily, I really need to becasue of my weight. Anyways, that's my current situation right now.

So tell me what you think-tips, advice, etc etc etc

Thanks.....

Jason
Join a gym, move out of east county, join a charity or something.

Old 10-28-2007, 05:58 PM

Whats wrong with East County??? Is it harder to make friends out here in El Cajon or what? Or maybe I should become a Bro, SRH or something like that?

Jason

Old 10-28-2007, 06:09 PM
LDH

168 posts, read 587,941 times
Volunteer someplace, go to a church singles group (Calvary Chapel usually draws a younger crowd) and check out your Sunday paper for activites to do during the week.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:15 PM

LDH do you live in El Cajon or where abouts do you live? I was going to Sonrise church in santee and shadow mountain but I didnt feel too welcome in those churches. Then I went to a little church over here in el cajon on peach street but I didnt like it too much either. So I thought about going to either the Rock church which just moved down to point loma or maybe calvary chapel here in el cajon on Main Street. Have any of you either been to those churches at all?

Jason

Old 10-28-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddball26 View Post
Whats wrong with East County??? Is it harder to make friends out here in El Cajon or what? Or maybe I should become a Bro, SRH or something like that?

Jason
East County is a family area, you need to live where the other singles are. City of SD, beaches, north county coast. That's where the fun stuff to do is. There is nothing of interest to a single person in East County except dive bars. Can't even go the Cajon Speedway any more.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:28 PM

ok Sasberto, but what aobut the church scene? And understand I was born and raised in east county all of my life. Its all I know pretty much. But also, I see a lot of people in their 20's here in el cajon/east county, espeically at the mall- parkway plaza. so tell me what you think about that?
Thanks,

Jason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego