Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2016, 01:13 AM

5,842 posts, read 4,174,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Just to interject but again, are you crazy saying this? Romney was setting up to get the liberal votes & as such, agree w/ Nor re the Obama-like bs. Clinton is also the backer of this garbage & how many docs have now left unable to even pay back med school loans? How many folks have inability to pay for their part in Obama's health plan? A disaster on both Romney & Obama's parts -- no matter how you view it.

You can't be serious saying the things you say, other than to disturb others w/ opposing views -- deliberately -- to appease your own sentiments. Think about this for a change, will you? Wow, what a load of bs you constantly post adding no legit feedback but rather, simply contrary opinions for the sake of stirring the pot aka trolling in a sense, no? It seems to clearly fit the definition quite well, am I not correct?

Ok, can't wait for some outrageous comeback a la your trite & worn-out style that really here has gotten quite old. I'm out.
I am simply saying that I think a Romney Presidency would have been different than an Obama Presidency, and somehow I "can't be serious"? Are you serious? How is that a controversial claim? I'm not saying everyone has to agree with it, but it hardly seems like something that I could only be saying to "disturb others w/opposing views."

Last edited by Wittgenstein's Ghost; 10-12-2016 at 01:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 01:16 AM

5,842 posts, read 4,174,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
He's an arrogant liberal Yugoslavian troll!
I'm certainly not a troll. I genuinely believe the things I'm saying.

Go down the list of things Obama has done, whether you like them or not. Look at the Supreme Court justices, for instance. You really believe that Romney would have appointed similar justices? Bush didn't. Bush's appointees were markedly different than Obama's appointees. Do you honestly believe Romney would have refused to sign a budget that cut funding for Planned Parenthood? I don't. I also can't imagine Romney refusing to defend the Defense of Marriage Act before the Supreme Court or seeking to end Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Do you think Romney would have signed the Paris climate deal? I don't.

I don't think these are absurd points I'm making. You can think all mainstream politicians are scum, and there may be some truth to that, but you can't honestly say there is no difference between the policies pursued by Republican and Democratic Presidents.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:11 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
Weinstein wrote:

Quote:
I don't understand this sentiment. Do you think Obamacare would be law if Romney had won? What about the monumental Supreme Court decisions in the last eight years, many of which are attributable to the nominees Obama has made?

I can agree that virtually all politicians exhibit some level of corruption and deception, but I don't agree that it doesn't matter who becomes Presiden
Remember that Romney had put in socialized medicine/ very similar to ACA in Mass. Remember that G. Bush 43 put in Drug coverage for SS. Remember that the Republicans passed on Obama's budget these past 5 years. My point is that, while some things might be different, the govt. continues to take away citizens freedoms, take over more control of everything, drive out business and manufacturing, and continue to go in debt, and subsidize laziness, criminals, and all kinds of evil, no matter which part is in office.

Old 10-12-2016, 11:33 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Weinstein wrote:

Remember that Romney had put in socialized medicine/ very similar to ACA in Mass. Remember that G. Bush 43 put in Drug coverage for SS. Remember that the Republicans passed on Obama's budget these past 5 years. My point is that, while some things might be different, the govt. continues to take away citizens freedoms, take over more control of everything, drive out business and manufacturing, and continue to go in debt, and subsidize laziness, criminals, and all kinds of evil, no matter which part is in office.
Yup, and its been great. One of the best things he did for this state.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:02 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost
I'm certainly not a troll. I genuinely believe the things I'm saying.
I get called this also..... Not really sure what it means but I also only post things I feel are right,etc...........

Old 10-13-2016, 06:47 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,054,000 times
He's not gonna win

Obamacare ruined affordable healthcare for millions

Ken Bone will probably win, and be better than the millionaires that are too busy running a campaign to even consider running a country.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:14 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
People are now saying Clinton may win it will be worse than Obama... (The one who said this does not like Mrs. Clinton)

Old 10-14-2016, 10:00 AM

915 posts, read 1,625,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
NOT A CHANCE!................regardless who wins.

My country, right or wrong, is still my country.

Those who say they would split probably have my lower opinion than any politician.
I love my country but I wouldn't say "my country , right or wrong." It isn't a lack of loyalty; it's a higher standard that dictates. My ancestry has a lot of German immigrants; half of them were Jewish; half were not. Had they not emigrated to the U.S., I doubt that a good many of them would say "my country, right or wrong." The present course of the United States and its present leadership and the direction it has taken is shameful to me. I'm not packing up and it certainly won't be over Trump but I certainly think that if we don't change course from where we are and have been, we will not be the country that was founded. And if there is a point to get out, I absolutely would. In fact, I'd be a heck of a lot prouder of Bebe in Israel than I am by the present administration, only to be continued by a win by HRC. (And I was a politican, and an honest one - they do exist)

Old 10-14-2016, 11:49 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
What kind of plans are you making?
I'm planning on being entertained by the adolescent antics of the Trumplings after their boy takes it on the chin Nov 8th. I predict they'll be almost as ridiculous as the birthers, of which Trump was the acknowledged leader.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:52 PM

1,525 posts, read 1,184,063 times
Imagine if every person in this country who disliked both Clinton and Trump voted for Johnson/Weld. Then none of you would have to bug out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness