Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 01:47 PM

3,513 posts, read 9,428,585 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Syracuse Time Lapse ( Armory Square )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 09:38 AM

17 posts, read 47,792 times
very few blacks in these photos. I grew up in syr. and still every time I drive through I allways see a few dozen blacks.most with pants down,with buts hangin out.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:21 AM

93,350 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangrous dan View Post
very few blacks in these photos. I grew up in syr. and still every time I drive through I allways see a few dozen blacks.most with pants down,with buts hangin out.
You need to drive to other parts of the city then. Try the Salt Springs, Meadowbrook, Valley and some of the other neighborhoods. You wil see all types of Black and White people in Syracuse. I'm sure you will see people of other groups wearing their pants that way as well. That isn't exclusive to one group and is pretty much irrelevant to this topic.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:59 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,760,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangrous dan View Post
All the professional "blacks" must have been WORKING.

(idiocy abounds. <sigh>)

Old 05-02-2009, 06:12 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,620,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I'm sure you will see people of other groups wearing their pants that way as well. That isn't exclusive to one group and is pretty much irrelevant to this topic.
Excellent point. As a caucasian, I've noticed many whites and especially white trash in the suburbs wear their pants this way.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proulxfamily View Post
All the professional "blacks" must have been WORKING.

(idiocy abounds. <sigh>)
Good one...

Old 06-12-2009, 08:01 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,620,990 times

South Warren Street Canyons

Attached Thumbnails
My Pictures of Downtown Syracuse, NY-dscf0026.jpg   My Pictures of Downtown Syracuse, NY-dscf0681.jpg   My Pictures of Downtown Syracuse, NY-dscf0377.jpg   My Pictures of Downtown Syracuse, NY-state-tower-1.jpg  

Old 10-02-2009, 09:05 PM

13 posts, read 87,581 times
Default One Sided?

His pictures were taken well but do not show the other side of Syracuse.
The area you shot looks like Armory Square, the so-called preppy emulation of Greenwich Village NYC. You don't show the broken sidewalks that are jutting out waiting for someone to trip and split their head one; Salina St the seedy part of time, the fact that its very hard to get something to eat downtown past 4 pm (everything is closed)
While Armory Square may be the expensive preppy place to reside, only a few blocks away are projects (dangerous at night, this is no myth even right by Presidential Plaza.)

Old 10-03-2009, 09:07 AM

61 posts, read 212,365 times
What's by presidential plaza?? I thought a lot of students live over there?

Old 10-03-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syracuse2008 View Post
His pictures were taken well but do not show the other side of Syracuse.
The area you shot looks like Armory Square, the so-called preppy emulation of Greenwich Village NYC. You don't show the broken sidewalks that are jutting out waiting for someone to trip and split their head one; Salina St the seedy part of time, the fact that its very hard to get something to eat downtown past 4 pm (everything is closed)
While Armory Square may be the expensive preppy place to reside, only a few blocks away are projects (dangerous at night, this is no myth even right by Presidential Plaza.)
Very busy West Street is very much a buffer from that area of the Near West Side. As is Onondaga Creek. So, it's not like the areas are right next to each other. It is not bad at Armory Square and I work right by it. So, I know from personal experience. Just use common sense.

Presidential Plaza, I believe does have some students from SU and Upstate Med. It's a mix of people, but it's not like you hear of anything crazy coming from there.

Also, there are places open after 4PM Downtown. What kind of food are you looking for? You have places like Dinosaur BBQ, Kitty Hoynes, PJ Dorsey's, the Blue Tusk, Clark's Ale House and even Subway, among some others. Here's a list right here: http://76.12.83.9/browse/C2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area