Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 07:53 PM

2,440 posts, read 5,760,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger6 View Post
They don't take dogs. Other than that they seemed pretty nice.
They actually do accept dogs. Even two large dogs. Town House East (http://syracuse.craigslist.org/apa/2893667256.html - broken link)

There's another place in Manlius... Verbeck, maybe? Or Carriage House?, where pets are accepted with a weight-based monthly fee. It's not much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
I saw that too. Their apartment finder page says cats only and I also saw the site that your link points to. I called last week to clarify and they said that they no longer take dogs and the MM site was incorrect.
They still do. Per the ad I linked, posted yesterday.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:45 AM

38 posts, read 67,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proulxfamily View Post
They still do. Per the ad I linked, posted yesterday.
I'm not sure what to tell ya. I clicked on the link you had above and it clearly says under the Community Features Heading "Pets 1 Cat with Pet Fee". I know that at the bottom it says "Dogs-woof", and that's what made me call them a couple of weeks ago. Like I said before, the person I talked to said that it was a mistake and they do not take dogs.

Honesty, I really do appreciate the help and I'm not trying to sound ornery, It's just that I've contacted all these places before. I know that you're trying to be friendly and lend me a hand and that is really great. I think my mistake was thinking that an interesting experience was going to be seen as an attack on the entire city by a couple of posters here.

Last edited by Stinger6; 03-11-2012 at 05:21 AM..

Old 03-11-2012, 07:16 AM

93,354 posts, read 124,009,048 times
So, you checked out all of the places in posts 68-70?

Also, what kind of dog are we talking about?

Old 03-11-2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure what to tell ya. I clicked on the link you had above and it clearly says under the Community Features Heading "Pets 1 Cat with Pet Fee". I know that at the bottom it says "Dogs-woof", and that's what made me call them a couple of weeks ago. Like I said before, the person I talked to said that it was a mistake and they do not take dogs.

Honesty, I really do appreciate the help and I'm not trying to sound ornery, It's just that I've contacted all these places before. I know that you're trying to be friendly and lend me a hand and that is really great. I think my mistake was thinking that an interesting experience was going to be seen as an attack on the entire city by a couple of posters here.
I think the agitation you're seeing from regulars is because many of us are (or know) renters with dogs... renters who don't live in a hovel and don't pay way above market for it.

The truth is that personally, most of those people I know rent from private landlords... the kind where you're driving around, see a sign and call. You DON'T tell them that you have a pet, up front. You show up, take a tour and bring out your darling, well-behaved pet from the car... showing the landlord that this sweet thing won't hurt his investment.

But that's a lot more work than internet searches will provide. :/

Old 03-11-2012, 07:18 AM

Briarcliff Estates Pet Friendly Apartment Syracuse, NY

And outside of Syracuse but with a straight, northern shot up 81, the commute is less than many of the direct suburbs. Apple Ridge & Willow Wood Apartments Pet Friendly Apartment Lafayette, NY

"Pets Welcome with Restrictions" http://www.apartmentfinder.com/New-Y...mes-Apartments

eta: Check out this site too... they seem to manage a mix of private-complex and private listings for rent. http://www.pma500.com/listings.aspx

Last edited by proulxfamily; 03-11-2012 at 08:07 AM..

Old 03-11-2012, 07:24 AM

Are you *actually* looking for a 20-lb. dog-friendly apartment, now? If you are, please specify your other requirements and I'll look for something... I would just rather not do that if this is all just a hypothetical situation, you know?

Old 03-11-2012, 07:37 AM

Also, doesn't the military offer COLA for the area? I was in the Army and they would offer that for those that lived off post. For instance, I got extra money towards the end of my enlistment for living in Clayton Manor for the last 3 or 4 months(Drove from Liverpool to Fort Drum).

Was there a housing list at the Federal Building or did anyone at MEPS offer any suggestions, B. G.?

Old 03-11-2012, 08:37 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,528,016 times
Funny, I just called Town House East. They DO allow dogs. All they said is no aggressive breeds. 315-638-2313

Old 03-11-2012, 10:20 AM

Yeah, let other people find out that these apartments take dogs. Talk about being exposed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area