Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 07:16 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,526,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
hmmm..could be. The way it is written on the manual is SLR camera then under that is *ist DL.
ist"DL" is like Nikon D40 but it's a D40x...... ist"DL" other words O fancy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 04:36 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
MBMouse, your parent's house still reminds me of the house I lived in in Mass. We had TWO magnolia trees!

You are doing such a wonderful job of taking care of Trixie. She looks so healthy!

I always forget about ebay. That's a great way to buy a camera, isn't it?

Old 03-27-2008, 05:10 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,299 times
Talking Bye Bye Florida - Hello Tennessee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne1945 View Post
This Floridian will be in TN in 6 days--Yes!

Suzanne, I'll be right behind you!! We leave Florida at 8am on the 29th!!! The movers left with our belongings yesterday and they should arrive sometime next week! We should arrive in Knoxville on Monday afternoon - the 31st!! WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm already researching cameras so that I don't miss any of the beauty of East TN!!!!!! Then I can add my spring pics to the site too!!

Old 03-27-2008, 05:38 PM

Are you stopping along the way? That's a long time to get here.

Of course, it took us the same amount of time, but we had some horrible technical difficulties!

I'll be thinking of you!

Old 03-27-2008, 06:10 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Are you stopping along the way? That's a long time to get here.

Of course, it took us the same amount of time, but we had some horrible technical difficulties!

I'll be thinking of you!
Hi hik....yep, we're definitely stopping along the way!! We are driving two cars and eight hours is about a max for both of us in one day!! So, we will stop Saturday night somewhere around Cape Canaveral area, and Sunday night we will be around Columbia, SC and then we should arrive in Knoxville on Monday afternoon (hopefully before the 5 o'clock traffic time)!!!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 07:04 PM

Unless there is an accident, traffic is not really bumper-to-bumper. You'll be fine. The trees are starting to put on a show. Wait until you see!

Old 03-28-2008, 09:25 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Hubby and I just received (Saturday) the new(almost) fancy shmancy, all the bells and whistles Pentax digital camera that uses all the lenses we have for the 35 mm Pentax, that we finally found and ordered. We have not studied up on how all the buttons, gadgets and gizmo's on it works yet but we are learning! Spent the day out at the folks place for Easter and tried the camera out on the beautiful pink Magnolia tree in their front yard. Wanted to share with y''all. I am SOOO excited about this camera and can not wait to have some time to figure it out and take some picture taking trips with it!

These were taken in Rogersville TN 3-23-2008

AHA! That's what those pink trees are I've been seeing. Great shots, good to know.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:32 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
Hi hik....yep, we're definitely stopping along the way!! We are driving two cars and eight hours is about a max for both of us in one day!! So, we will stop Saturday night somewhere around Cape Canaveral area, and Sunday night we will be around Columbia, SC and then we should arrive in Knoxville on Monday afternoon (hopefully before the 5 o'clock traffic time)!!!!!
Good luck with the weather, too. So far, Monday looks like a good arrival day, weather-wise. Sunday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, not so much. The good thing is, you don't have to worry about major unpacking (yet).

Old 03-28-2008, 10:36 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
AHA! That's what those pink trees are I've been seeing. Great shots, good to know.
Maybe not. Those are not common trees you would see around a city or town unless in someones yard. You may however be seeing Red Buds (which are pink/purple and NOT red), cherry trees or you might have some dogwoods blooming out that way which can also be pink.
These blooms on the saucer magnolia (thanks allicat, we checked, it IS a saucer) are about 4-5 inches tall, the ones on the cherry is clump of blooms about an inch and a half or so. The Red Buds are little bitty flowers that climb up the branches of the tree. The Dogwoods are one flower that is about 2 inches in size.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:45 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,136,321 times
Smile Beautiful shots, mbmouse!

Mb, the shots of the Saucer Magnolias are beautiful! We had lovely ones in our front yard all the way up in MI. They were so hardy.

One of the nice things about these Magnolias is that although the leaves fall in the autumn, they produce a flower pod that stays all winter decorating the bare tree. The pods look like large ***** willow puffs. So pretty.

That new camera is doing just great! Or is it the camera person?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee