Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2008, 08:59 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times

Advertisements

The first description I heard of Waco was " The Buckle of the Bible belt". That may deter some folks. I am a church goer but not a thrice a week type....And I admit to liking beer. Some folks I've met from there are a bit hypocritical (vocally) on these items. That may turn folks off, but Ive met some down to earth folks from there as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 05:46 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
The first description I heard of Waco was " The Buckle of the Bible belt". That may deter some folks. I am a church goer but not a thrice a week type....And I admit to liking beer. Some folks I've met from there are a bit hypocritical (vocally) on these items. That may turn folks off, but Ive met some down to earth folks from there as well.

As is the case everywhere.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:04 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
So how do you keep your Baptist friend from drinking all your beer at your party?

Invite two Baptists.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:42 PM

238 posts, read 767,119 times
Default Why Is Waco Hated So Much?

It's because it sucks -- pure and simple. It's nothing but a restroom stop on 35 between Dallas and Austin.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:15 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,630,608 times
Default Why is WACO hated so much, I'll tell you......

THE PEOPLE!!!!!!
I was born and raised here, and I will always love my hometown, but, the reason why Waco is hated is simply its PEOPLE!!!
I have lived in Waco, Dallas, Houston, Denver and Southeastern Connecticut, and have visited alot of places in between; and I can tell you the people of Waco have to be the WORST of the Worst. Just a few names I can think of are, inbreed, ghetto wannabes, trashy, rude, and cheap, to name a few. I work in a restaurant as a server and so I see all kinds of people, and the kinds of people I see are just what I mentioned. In some cases they are WORSE, where no words can describe! No wonder Bush didnt want to locate his Library here, or him and Laura live here full time after he is out of office.
I don't want to sound "snobbish", because I am not. I was born and raised in a low income family, and I understand that most of Wacos population is lower income, but that is NO EXCUSE for being trashy. Nowhere in my life have I ever seen such a concentration of overweight, dirty clothed, greasy and stringy haired, snaggled toothed bunch of yahoos as in Waco.
Why are they like this??? God only knows, but it may be in the water, after all the dairy farms upstream from Lake Waco (where the cities water comes from) have been polluting it for many many years with no end in sight.
No wonder all the students from Baylor, MCC, and TSTC LEAVE as much as possible and/or when they graduate, its utter insanity!!!!!!!

Like I stated in the beginning I will always love my hometown, now if 75% of the cities population can be replaced with Dallas, Houston or other progressive city types, Waco would be paradise. Wishful thinking huh???

Last edited by TXTwizter; 07-30-2008 at 10:59 PM.. Reason: typeo

Old 07-30-2008, 10:17 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
Thats just WACKO to hate WACO!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:43 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,382,695 times
hmm...i only live 45 min drive from Waco and never been there, except to TSTC airfield to see an air show, but i am surprised by your description of the locals. i go to Temple and Belton every now and then for rodeos or to go out and eat, and i dont get that impression there, and those are towns very very close to Waco. and i have been to Crawford and McGregor and Moody and they seem very nice. and Valley Mills cant be too bad-they got a Cowboy Church, so there must be enough ropers and cowboys/cowgirls to support a very active cowboy church....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVTX72 View Post
THE PEOPLE!!!!!!
I was born and raised here, and I will always love my hometown, but, the reason why Waco is hated is simply its PEOPLE!!!
I have lived in Waco, Dallas, Houston, Denver and Southeastern Connecticut, and have visited alot of places in between; and I can tell you the people of Waco have to be the WORST of the Worst. Just a few names I can think of are, inbreed, ghetto wannabes, trashy, rude, and cheap, to name a few. I work in a restaurant as a server and so I see all kinds of people, and the kinds of people I see are just what I mentioned. In some cases they are WORSE, where no words can describe! No wonder Bush didnt want to locate his Library here, or him and Laura live here full time after he is out of office.
I don't want to sound "snobbish", because I am not. I was born and raised in a low income family, and I understand that most of Wacos population is lower income, but that is NO EXCUSE for being trashy. Nowhere in my life have I ever seen such a concentration of overweight, dirty clothed, greasy and stringy haired, snaggled toothed bunch of yahoos as in Waco.
Why are they like this??? God only knows, but it may be in the water, after all the dairy farms upstream from Lake Waco (where the cities water comes from) have been polluting it for many many years with no end in sight.
No wonder all the students from Baylor, MCC, and TSTC LEAVE as much as possible and/or when they graduate, its utter insanity!!!!!!!

Like I stated in the beginning I will always love my hometown, now if 75% of the cities population can be replaced with Dallas, Houston or other progressive cities, Waco would be paradise. Wishful thinking huh???

Old 07-31-2008, 09:37 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,630,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
hmm...i only live 45 min drive from Waco and never been there, except to TSTC airfield to see an air show, but i am surprised by your description of the locals. i go to Temple and Belton every now and then for rodeos or to go out and eat, and i dont get that impression there, and those are towns very very close to Waco. and i have been to Crawford and McGregor and Moody and they seem very nice. and Valley Mills cant be too bad-they got a Cowboy Church, so there must be enough ropers and cowboys/cowgirls to support a very active cowboy church....

You must have met one of the 25% that are actually not "WACKO".

Old 07-31-2008, 11:35 AM

1,132 posts, read 2,124,882 times
Again, Waco isn't perfect (but what is, for cryin' out loud???), but its a good, solid place. Waaaaaay to much hatin' going on as regards to Waco.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:30 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVTX72 View Post
No wonder Bush didnt want to locate his Library here, or him and Laura live here full time after he is out of office.
I don't want to sound "snobbish", because I am not. No wonder all the students from Baylor, MCC, and TSTC LEAVE as much as possible and/or when they graduate, its utter insanity!!!!!!!

Like I stated in the beginning I will always love my hometown, now if 75% of the cities population can be replaced with Dallas, Houston or other progressive city types, Waco would be paradise. Wishful thinking huh???
No wonder HIM and Laura didn't want to live there full time? .....No, you don't sound snobbish.

Waco will never be paradise and either will the other "progressive cities" you mentioned.

On the above quote from you in blue, what does that mean?

There are parts of Waco where you will find the people of which you describe, but I can find them anywhere in big cities, podunk towns, and those in between. Waco is not bad for a medium-sized city. Actually though, I prefer small towns, so I wouldn't choose to live there nor would I choose any large Texas city or large city anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas