Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 05:46 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times

Advertisements

Now they are insinuating that George was Galleys Father. Poor Casey is just taking the fall for everything...Casey was molested, Casey is on trial for the death of Caylee--when it was really George who found Galley dead--and Casey is taking the fall for that.

Does anyone really see Casey as a "martyr"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 05:53 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Now they are insinuating that George was Galleys Father. Poor Casey is just taking the fall for everything...Casey was molested, Casey is on trial for the death of Caylee--when it was really George who found Galley dead--and Casey is taking the fall for that.

Does anyone really see Casey as a "martyr"?

Ummm.....putting it simply......Casey is full of s**t.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:53 AM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
As a mother of two teenagers, I have zero sympathy for Cindy Anthony and total distaste for her brand of "as long as they're happy" parenting. Cindy was a nurse and her husband a policeman. Why did they set such low standards for their daughter? Casey lied about High School graduation and did not complete school. She then went on to become ptegnant with an unknown man.Red flag City!

After Caylee's birth she used her parents "as needed" Both Cindy and Casey faught over that child as though she was a doll.

Cindy and George were parents who just couldn'r say "NO" Was Casey a tough kid to raise? It sounds as though she was. That is not the time to "back off" it's the time to "step up"
Both parents were cowards IMO, and enjoyed the" party part" of parenting - but did not like to discipline or confront. They liked baby showers, birtday celebrations and planning parties for a High School graduation that never happened.

Instead of planning all of these celebrations, perhaps Cindy and George should have been setting limits early on in their daughter's teen years and been vigilant and involved in her academic performance and social exploits. A little girl is DEAD because of sloppy, martyr like parents, who lived in a fantasy land.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:59 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Sexual abuse now gives one a free pass.
Indeed, shes a psychopath.

forensics today boring the jury to tears per atty karas...they are over-reaching. (sign of no defense strategy)

Its a shame the taxpayers money wasted on this, poor Caylee is dead, and Cindy will prolly write a book about how everyone in her family will be united someday in heaven (even casey)

Old 06-17-2011, 10:09 AM

I agree^^. I had a child very much like Casey, and three normal kids. Believe me, he could have easily slid under the radar, would have been much easier for me to just ignore his behavior, bad grades, partying, and just pretended like everything was fine, and focus on my job, and other kids.

No way! His Mama took the bull by the horns, and addressed the problems and issues. My son is now graduated, and in the military. Believe me, it was not easy, and took a lot of time and money--therapy, family sessions, tutoring, school meetings. No pretending everything was fine, because my son was a liar, he had a different story for everyone to justify why he needed money, or was not doing well in school, or where he was...with a kid like that, everyone in the family needs to be on the same page, with the same united front, even my ex and I put our differences aside to deal with our criminal, manipulative son.

And it made a huge difference. He turned around.

This family just ignored the whole mess.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:59 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
jasper12, good 4u you deserve alot of credit. The passive and indulgent parenting today is unreal...No wonder Intervention and all these therapists are popular on tv now...the parents let the kids go wild then blame "society". I would have been disowned or at least told to get an apt and job if I was pregnant and unmarried.

Kids think its "cool-like on MTV" -16 and pregnant- this case shows what can happen when people just want a grandbaby and let the teen parent (literally) get away with murder. She had no expenses, her dad even cleaned/detailed her car...jeezus. ridiculous.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:22 AM

Gruesome. Ad nauseaum. All this testimony about body decomposition, entomology...I don't watch shows like CSI or Bones. I would seriously be ill having to listen to that stuff in detail. This is a dead baby, thrown away like garbage. Casey did it, we all know it. No one "loses" their kid for a MONTH! Slam dunk. How much is this circus costing Florida?

Old 06-18-2011, 11:03 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
I have a lot of sympathy for Cindy Anthony, and for parents of murderers and other psychos in general. Nobody can possibly understand what it's like to be the mother of a sociopath who likely killed her own daughter because she wanted to party all the time. Cindy has lost her granddaughter and is in the process of losing her daughter. Very traumatizing for any parent.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:23 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post

forensics today boring the jury to tears per atty karas...they are over-reaching. (sign of no defense strategy)

Its a shame the taxpayers money wasted on this, poor Caylee is dead, and Cindy will prolly write a book about how everyone in her family will be united someday in heaven (even casey)
I wouldn't put anything past Cindy the T-shirt saleslady.
About taxpayers money, I wonder if this case is going to open a whole can of worms for those currently on death row and be an avenue for them to reopen and appeal their cases because let's face it.........most DR inmates and those charged with serious capital crimes didn't get the luxury of expert witnesses and the blank check defense Casey received at State expense.

The wheels are probably turning already at FSP and Union CI, some of those guys have been in there so long, visiting the law library everyday......they're probably better attorneys than Baez himself.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:24 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
IMO she deserves the death penalty and it is IMO designed for people like her
Actually, I believe the death penalty is designed for people like you. People who crave the sweet taste of bloody revenge.

I think that anyone who support the death penalty should be able to carry out the act themselves. And I don't mean pulling a switch, I mean you should be capable of strangling, cutting, viceral murder.

I believe most people who support the death penalty are indeed capable of killing another person.

Murder begets murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime