Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 01:37 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,051,867 times

Advertisements

Exactly... everybody knows that Casey is guilty of something... She was found guilty of lying to the cops...

This is a lesson learned for all prosecutors... Get ALL the facts before you file a case against somebody...

This reminds me of the Duke University LaCrosse team case... The prosecutor was found guilty of falsifying evidence and was disbarred... This proves you can't completely trust the court system... Get a good lawyer...

If anybody is to blame... It's the prosecution... for having tunnel vision and almost blindly going after the defendant... and not trying to prove what REALLY happened...

That's why Casey got off...

Old 07-07-2011, 01:38 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,954,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
It's the jury's job to decide if the evidence proves guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
This has been said again and again. I do think people understand that. But, don't you think, even a smidge, that they could have gotten it wrong? That maybe they didn't understand the difference between "reasonable" and "absolute"? I really believe that. And I am not trying to "hang" the jury about their decision. But, questioning it may prevent this from happening in the future.

12 different people, 12 different backgrounds, 12 different emotional makeups, 12 different levels of intellegence....there needs to be a much clearer understanding because there WILL be a next time.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:39 PM

3,023 posts, read 2,278,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
It's the jury's job to decide if the evidence proves guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
That does not mean that they can not be criticized for their decisions if people do not agree with them. Just because that is thier decision does not mean they are alway right. If we just let jurors make whatever decision they want with out asking why then we are not making sure justice is served.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:24 PM

59 posts, read 41,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I am surprised the child abuse charge came back not guilty. Not bothering to report your "missing" child for 31 days ought to be considered child abuse.
The prosecution charged "aggravated" child abuse which means they had to prove that Casey battered, tortured, maliciously punished, caged, or caused permanent disfigurement. Child neglect was not charged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
This has been said again and again. I do think people understand that. But, don't you think, even a smidge, that they could have gotten it wrong? That maybe they didn't understand the difference between "reasonable" and "absolute"? I really believe that. And I am not trying to "hang" the jury about their decision. But, questioning it may prevent this from happening in the future.

12 different people, 12 different backgrounds, 12 different emotional makeups, 12 different levels of intellegence....there needs to be a much clearer understanding because there WILL be a next time.
I don't think that because I watched the trial and I have doubts that she did it. I think my doubts are reasonable. I'd hate for people to tell me I'm some kind of evil person because I wasn't persuaded by the evidence.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:31 PM

14,562 posts, read 23,088,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
This has been said again and again. I do think people understand that. But, don't you think, even a smidge, that they could have gotten it wrong? That maybe they didn't understand the difference between "reasonable" and "absolute"?
No, I don't. Both sides and the judge take great care to make sure the jury knows what their job is and what they may and may not do and as Matt30 mentioned earlier, those instructions are constantly being refined to be even more clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
If we just let jurors make whatever decision they want with out asking why then we are not making sure justice is served.
I'm reminded of a quote from Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

"
This is a court of law, young man, not a court of justice."

Those who are crying for justice for Caylee might want to stop and ponder that one for awhile.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:39 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,380,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt30 View Post
I don't think that because I watched the trial and I have doubts that she did it. I think my doubts are reasonable.
As Denzel Washington in Training Day said, "Its not what you know, it's what you can prove." She is guilty as sin. I can read it all over her face and in her entire demeanor and every action of hers. I've seen people deal with losses. I'm really good friends with a couple who found their son hanging in the garage from suicide. I've had a personally tragedy in which I saw one of my family members killed. The defense said people deal with grief in different ways. I've seen those ways. I know what grief looks like, and it doesn't look like this...

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-07-2011 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: Copyright violation -- if it's not YOUR picture, please don't post it.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:02 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,916,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Exactly... everybody knows that Casey is guilty of something... She was found guilty of lying to the cops...

This is a lesson learned for all prosecutors... Get ALL the facts before you file a case against somebody...

This reminds me of the Duke University LaCrosse team case... The prosecutor was found guilty of falsifying evidence and was disbarred... This proves you can't completely trust the court system... Get a good lawyer...

If anybody is to blame... It's the prosecution... for having tunnel vision and almost blindly going after the defendant... and not trying to prove what REALLY happened...

That's why Casey got off...
I see absolutely no comparison to the Duke LaCrosse team. I think it is and was clear that the only suspect is Casey, even to those here who think the case wasn't proven. The lack of evidence is because Casey destroyed it (combined with some luck) - by lying for 30 days, and the acts of nature on a child's body thrown away into a swamp like a sack of garbage.
No, I can't agree with your premise at all. The prosecution presented all the evidence there was.

Your post almost has me wondering if you even have the basic facts about the Anthony case.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
The prosecution presented all the evidence there was.
Which wasn't enough to convict her.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:34 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,340,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I see absolutely no comparison to the Duke LaCrosse team. I think it is and was clear that the only suspect is Casey, even to those here who think the case wasn't proven. The lack of evidence is because Casey destroyed it (combined with some luck) - by lying for 30 days, and the acts of nature on a child's body thrown away into a swamp like a sack of garbage.
No, I can't agree with your premise at all. The prosecution presented all the evidence there was.

Your post almost has me wondering if you even have the basic facts about the Anthony case.
Thank you. Tried to rep you but I have to spread it around. I completely agree. I don't see how anyone see a comparison to Duke lacrosse.

As Dr. G said: "There is no child that should have duct tape on its face when it dies."

Old 07-07-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
As Dr. G said: "There is no child that should have duct tape on its face when it dies."
So there is no doubt that her mouth was taped?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime