Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 11:35 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I believe that Casey was enabled by her parents to be a failure. I believe Cindy is a control freakazoid, Casey could never be good enough, so rather than "fail" as a Mother, she erased Caylee as the crux of her problems. These parents were completely responsible for Caylee's death.

One of Caseys boyfriends talked about being witness to this in the Anthony home.

Yet she has covered for Casey and makes excuses to keep the image of a perfect family that does no wrong.

Narcissism?

Old 09-16-2011, 11:55 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Mothers with narcissistic personality disorder - Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers

Old 09-17-2011, 07:30 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
[quote=WhipperSnapper 88;20917089]You just described hundreds of thousands of parents throughout the world. Are their children babykillers?

Quote:

I'll just have to disagree with you I guess. I believe in placing the blame and responsibility for wrongdoing on the one who actualy does it. We all make our own decisions in life. Are your parents to blame for anything you have ever done wrong?
I totally agree with your assessment. Few of us actually did come from "ideal parents" but we somehow manage to survive, overcome and make a few positive contributions to society as we travel the pathways of life.

I also agree that people are individually accountable for their actions, in most circumstances. Casey may have had an underlying hostility for her parents and took some of it out on her defenseless daughter but in the end she, alone, bears the burden of accountability for anything she may have done to Caylee.

I agree that George has the most likely answer--that Cayleee was given a "chemical babysitter", that she died as a result of it and then Casey--probably with help--disposed of the body.

Like in many other high profile deaths and disappearances (e.g. Natalee Holloway), we will never know the full truth.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:49 AM

1,424 posts, read 5,337,992 times
I believe Cindy and George lived every parent's worst nightmare. When Cindy invoked "tough love" tactics (to the best of her ability, anyway) to force Casey to pay back money and face consequences for her actions (stealing and running around rather than take care of her daughter), Casey struck back with her "spiteful *****" response of killing Caylee.

Too bad if Jesse Grund heard Cindy ream Casey out in front of him for being a loser. She sat on her ass on the couch, eating the family food, entertaining her bf in their living room, contributing nothing and shooing her mother away....and Jesse thought that was cruel, huh? I think Cindy was fed up with her parasite leech daughter, and I don't blame her. The party was over and the parents were coming down hard on Casey. And Casey got even.

I also find it interesting that when George and Cindy were separated, Casey pitched a fit when George was to return home. She wanted her mom's attention all to herself and the ability to manipulate her mom without her father's more critical influence. What an evil daughter.

IMO Casey is just a bad seed. I truly hope she goes to Mexico and is never heard from again. Bye bye, don't let the door slam your ass on the way south. And I see a young woman who formerly, to me, appeared attractive now looks hideous to me - just pure ugly. Beauty is truly only skin deep.

P.S. The last part of Dr Phil airs Monday, Sept 19.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:23 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
I believe Cindy and George lived every parent's worst nightmare. When Cindy invoked "tough love" tactics (to the best of her ability, anyway) to force Casey to pay back money and face consequences for her actions (stealing and running around rather than take care of her daughter), Casey struck back with her "spiteful *****" response of killing Caylee.

Too bad if Jesse Grund heard Cindy ream Casey out in front of him for being a loser. She sat on her ass on the couch, eating the family food, entertaining her bf in their living room, contributing nothing and shooing her mother away....and Jesse thought that was cruel, huh? I think Cindy was fed up with her parasite leech daughter, and I don't blame her. The party was over and the parents were coming down hard on Casey. And Casey got even.

I also find it interesting that when George and Cindy were separated, Casey pitched a fit when George was to return home. She wanted her mom's attention all to herself and the ability to manipulate her mom without her father's more critical influence. What an evil daughter.

IMO Casey is just a bad seed. I truly hope she goes to Mexico and is never heard from again. Bye bye, don't let the door slam your ass on the way south. And I see a young woman who formerly, to me, appeared attractive now looks hideous to me - just pure ugly. Beauty is truly only skin deep.

P.S. The last part of Dr Phil airs Monday, Sept 19.
I totally agree.
After Cindy worked her b u t t off all day and kept coming home to a messy house with her daughter and boyfriend laying around relaxing instead of trying to find a job to help pay the enormous hospital bills, she just flipped.
It probably wasn't pretty and Jesse Grund was also influenced by all of the Casey lies BUT Cindy always "comes through" after losing control just like she is doing now.
Yes, Casey is a bad seed with the help of her mother who can't face what her daughter is.
Did the "seizure" last for 31 days?
Personally I think she murdered her and was glad she did it.
IF it was an accident somebody somewhere would have seen grief BUT nobody did. We sure did see her tears when she was up for murder with the death penalty so she feels pain when it involves her.
Caylee's death was murder and the jury was more worried about their next cigarette than using their brain.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:23 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Agree to disagree. I had a son who was well on his way to being a "bad seed", and rather than ignore it, I took the bull by the horn's and confronted this. But when parents just ignore the signs, and act like martyrs, to their kids bad behavior, yes, it is the parents fault. I have worked with tons of dysfunctional families, by the time I saw those families, it was beyond broke.

This family was a train wreck. I believe Cindy ignored the signs because she was wrapped up in perfection. She did not care about her daughter's problems at school, or pay attention to issues she should have been tuned in to.

But, back to the topic, the interview, I think Dr.Pjil's 15 minutes of fame is going down. He is not Oprah, and seems to be going down the path of sensationalism and tabloid covers. Way to go, cater to the masses.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:48 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
But, back to the topic, the interview, I think Dr.Pjil's 15 minutes of fame is going down. He is not Oprah, and seems to be going down the path of sensationalism and tabloid covers. Way to go, cater to the masses.
Well, we atleast have to give him ctreit for one thing, he said he has not and will not be interviewing Casey Anthony herself.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:56 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
[quote=WhipperSnapper 88;20917089]You just described hundreds of thousands of parents throughout the world. Are their children babykillers?

Quote:

I'll just have to disagree with you I guess. I believe in placing the blame and responsibility for wrongdoing on the one who actualy does it. We all make our own decisions in life. Are your parents to blame for anything you have ever done wrong?
ITA! We blame everyone except the person who actually commits the crime in our society. There are plenty of people who have grown up in horrible situations who did not kill their kids!!! If bad parenting makes you kill your kids, why didn't they???? Ans: Because bad parenting doesn't make you kill your kids. It's something child murderers choose to do all by themselves.

My parents made their mistakes and that may have influenced things I tried, when I was young, there came a point, when I and I alone was responsible for my choices. You can't blame mom and dad anymore when you are an adult.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:53 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Casey was never an "adult" she was enabled to live the life of a child in her parents home, with a car provided by them, a home provided by them, money, cell phone, that is part of the problem.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:54 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I'm just curious as to what "part" you believe they played in this? The only thing I have seen from them is two people who's lives have been torn apart by a pathological. sociopathic lying monster, and who are confused and trying to make sense of it all in any way they can.
The only part they played in this was to believe that their daughter would never kill their grandaughter. With all evidence pointing to the fact, Cindy still will not allow the thought to stay in her mind so we have the brain tumor. George had the courage to allow it to stay there and figure it out but being around Cindy makes him go back and forth. He still thinks someone else was "in on it" but guess what George? Casey says you are the one who was "in on it" so how long will it take you to figure that one out?
Maybe when the next grandchild is "missing" because of the "tumor" or maybe when you take a vacation from Cindy.
It is time for them to quit trying to make us believe the crazy things they HAVE to believe to save their sanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime