Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2013, 09:09 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemisa View Post
YES!

Amanda Berry 911 Call Under Review Following Criticism Of Dispatcher

Authorities in Cleveland have issued a statement in response to criticism of the 911 dispatcher who answered kidnapping victim Amanda Berry's panicked phone call earlier this week.

Video included.
The very first time I heard that 911 call I was pissed. How DARE that dispatcher respond in that way, like Berry was an annoyance. Even Berry, you can hear, couldn't believe how this dispatcher was dismissing her. The girl has been gone for 10 years, and the dispatcher is trying to push her off the phone? WTF!?

Some have argued, "She was just doing her job!" Like hell, she should have stayed on the phone with Berry until the police arrived. I'm glad it's at least being reviewed.

Maybe they can use it in training in the future: "How NOT to act!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 09:11 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemisa View Post

Son of captor suspect wrote article about missing woman in 2004

In a strange twist, the son of one of the men suspected of kidnapping and holding three women captive for close to a decade in a Cleveland home wrote an article about one of the missing women in 2004.

The police were at the house on several occasions, and did not find anything.
That's because they didn't bother to look.

Kinda like fiddling around where Jaycee was, and finding nothing.

I fear for the mental stability of the older one. Nobody seems to know where she is. She has had no contact with her family, and is apparently staying with one of the other captives. This does not bode well for her recovery, imo.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:21 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That's because they didn't bother to look.

Kinda like fiddling around where Jaycee was, and finding nothing.

I fear for the mental stability of the older one. Nobody seems to know where she is. She has had no contact with her family, and is apparently staying with one of the other captives. This does not bode well for her recovery, imo.
According to one article I read, (and of course, just because it's in the media doesn't mean it's true), Knight was gang raped at school and had a child because of that rape. The mother had a boyfriend who mistreated that child and the child was taken away from Michelle Knight.

Apparently her mother was also abusive to her while she was growing up.

The mother did report her daughter missing but 15 months later, daughter Knight was taken off of the missing person's list. Her mother did not go to the media, make an annual plea, anything of the sort like the other families did. Knight's own brother, two years younger than her, had NO idea his sister was kidnapped until they were found. How the hell is that possible? The mother lived in Naples, FL and while she claims that she went up every year to put up more fliers, there is no evidence to support that.

Right now, Knight is supposed to be staying with the DeJesus family. They say, "adopt" in quotations, not like they are actually going to legally adopt her. They say that even walking out the door in to the backyard is a huge ordeal for these girls.

Apparently one of them, not sure if Knight or the other girl, walked in to the backyard of their home but came racing back inside when a helicopter flew over head because it scared her so badly. I think they are petrified to walk outside because they think that "he" will come back and get them.

The family also said that the girls beg not to make them sleep alone. These girls are in terror, still and it's going to be a long, long road for them before they ever get to the point of trying to have a normal life.

As for Michelle Knight, she needs to get help not just for the 10 years she went through but also for the gang rape AND her family life in addition to the psychological damage that having to get reconstructive surgery is going to do to her. She has been messed up by a few people and has had a terrible life so far. Poor thing.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:42 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

The media and her mother doesn't know where she is, but she is probably in good hands. She has said in a public statement that she will reach out to her family and friends later. The vicims are getting support through charity and service donations. Of course it's not a lot of money but it will at least facilitate their lives, especially for Michelle who seems to have a family who was less supportive in the past. History is a good predictor of future events and her mom messed up big time before the kidnapping.

I think they are doing the right thing. Get the helpthrough charities and avoid the media circus. Hopefully the mom will get the memo too and stay out of the cameras.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:16 PM

200 posts, read 538,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain
I also heard that Amanda's parents might adopt Michelle, but she's kind of old for that, no?
Way too early to know for sure, but she is only 32 and definitely not too old to be adopted. Bery and DeJesus seem to have good families. A GOOD family is very important to have, esp. at a time like this.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:51 PM

941 posts, read 1,914,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The very first time I heard that 911 call I was pissed. How DARE that dispatcher respond in that way, like Berry was an annoyance. Even Berry, you can hear, couldn't believe how this dispatcher was dismissing her. The girl has been gone for 10 years, and the dispatcher is trying to push her off the phone? WTF!?

Some have argued, "She was just doing her job!" Like hell, she should have stayed on the phone with Berry until the police arrived. I'm glad it's at least being reviewed.

Maybe they can use it in training in the future: "How NOT to act!"
Hearing the recording is kinda like watching a scary movie and the 9-1-1 operator acts this way and you are like "They don't act like that in real life". Well apparently they do.

Old 05-12-2013, 03:59 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
According to one article I read, (and of course, just because it's in the media doesn't mean it's true), Knight was gang raped at school and had a child because of that rape. The mother had a boyfriend who mistreated that child and the child was taken away from Michelle Knight.

Apparently her mother was also abusive to her while she was growing up.

The mother did report her daughter missing but 15 months later, daughter Knight was taken off of the missing person's list. Her mother did not go to the media, make an annual plea, anything of the sort like the other families did. Knight's own brother, two years younger than her, had NO idea his sister was kidnapped until they were found. How the hell is that possible? The mother lived in Naples, FL and while she claims that she went up every year to put up more fliers, there is no evidence to support that.

Right now, Knight is supposed to be staying with the DeJesus family. They say, "adopt" in quotations, not like they are actually going to legally adopt her. They say that even walking out the door in to the backyard is a huge ordeal for these girls.

Apparently one of them, not sure if Knight or the other girl, walked in to the backyard of their home but came racing back inside when a helicopter flew over head because it scared her so badly. I think they are petrified to walk outside because they think that "he" will come back and get them.

The family also said that the girls beg not to make them sleep alone. These girls are in terror, still and it's going to be a long, long road for them before they ever get to the point of trying to have a normal life.

As for Michelle Knight, she needs to get help not just for the 10 years she went through but also for the gang rape AND her family life in addition to the psychological damage that having to get reconstructive surgery is going to do to her. She has been messed up by a few people and has had a terrible life so far. Poor thing.
Thank you for posting this. I can't even read this stuff without my eyes blurring from the tears. Yes, it is said that Michelle is in need of facial reconstructive surgery and has lost hearing in one ear from what she suffered at the hands of the monster. I pray that the rest of her life is lived surrounded by caring, decent people and that she can heal. Be well, wounded angel.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:17 PM

3,802 posts, read 2,997,866 times
This brings back memories of other cases, like Jaycee Lee Dugard and even Natascha Kampusch (Austrian case) - although the latter was very coy about admitting to sexual abuse.
I read the books on both or these ordeals.
I was reading that the likes of Madeleine McCann's (missing British girl in Portugal) parents are buoyed by this discovery, and likewise for other missing persons.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:22 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times
To donate to the women

Cleveland Courage Fund | The Cleveland Foundation

Old 05-13-2013, 12:54 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,159,568 times
My heart breaks reading this story. I will be praying the victims can recover, heal, and yes, even forgive. For their own well being, not because Castro deserves it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime