Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2015, 11:25 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
This makes sense. All the potential rulers getting together to fight off the White Walkers. Maybe they will share power, though that wouldn't fit in with the rest of the story too well. Maybe the Iron Throne is filled with Valyrian steel, and can be melted down to arm the people to fight off the White Walkers. That would be a nice twist.
Ahhhhhhhhhh, to save Westeros, the Iron Throne must be destroyed. Yes, a nice twist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 11:26 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,735,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Didn't Twyin forge 2 Valyrian steel swords giving one to Jamie & one to Geoffrey, also ?
Yes, it was from Ned Stark's sword, IIRC.

Old 06-01-2015, 11:39 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Loved the episode! Finally some action! I loved the scene with Tyrion/Dany! I read 1,000 + pages of book five waiting for that to happen...

I like the white walkers story! I don't think I moved a muscle the last 15 minutes of the show - that was intense! It'll be really interesting to see how Sansa's story goes now that she knows her brothers are likely alive!

I really really would like to see the Lady Stoneheart story incorporated into the show. That was one of the biggest shockers I took away from the books! It's too good to leave out, in my opinion.

Old 06-01-2015, 11:56 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Well, apparently Valyrian steel works as well as dragon glass. Are there enough swords made with Valerian steel in Westoros to arm the fighters?
I've got mine sharpened, polished, & ready.....

Old 06-01-2015, 06:10 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,961,927 times
excellent episode all around last night - great sequence with Tyrion and Daenerys, then a nice scene with Sansa learning her brothers may not be dead, and then the epic combat at the end.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:38 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,601,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
What? Dragon glass is obsidian, obsidian is a mineral...minerals come in deposits....LARGE DEPOSITS.....and it was even mentioned by Stanis that there was a lot of it in his homeland.
No, I think its made when a dragon melts stuff with its fire.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:17 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,656,809 times
This may be a book vs. TV question, but it seems that there is a difference between the white walkers and the dead that they call back to life to fight for them. Am I right about that? It appears that the reanimated dead can be defeated with regular weapons.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:59 PM

677 posts, read 653,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
This may be a book vs. TV question, but it seems that there is a difference between the white walkers and the dead that they call back to life to fight for them. Am I right about that? It appears that the reanimated dead can be defeated with regular weapons.
There is a difference, what the reanimated can be killed by I don't know that we are entirely sure. Jon was fighting some, along with his wolf, to save Mormont (as seen on the show), and it was fire that killed them. Just at a quick recall from my memory, that was one of the few times they were seen. You obviously have the slaughter of the Nights Watch at the Fingers/place they were ranging, but nothing they did there besides run and use fire was very effective either.

So, I don't know that we know for sure what is effective against them other than fire, but they are very different from the white walkers, yes.

Old 06-01-2015, 10:14 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhh, to save Westeros, the Iron Throne must be destroyed. Yes, a nice twist.
It would really break the wheel, eh? I think it would be a brilliant way to end the story.

Old 06-02-2015, 05:27 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post

They can be destroyed with fire. The white walkers are another story altogether. This one was a fantastic episode. Tyrion is the best thingt that could happen to Dany. As cynical as he can be, he's also politically savvy and compassionate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV