Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2016, 08:16 AM

2,093 posts, read 1,927,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Agreed. The story line is jumping all over the place, IMO.
Also agreed. Too many storylines. I was a few years behind on the show and was able to binge watch, which was great. Now it takes way too long to get anywhere. I guess that's true with a lot of series though.

Wish they'd quit killing the wolves too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 08:53 AM

677 posts, read 653,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
And now his watch has ended! Yess!

But help me out here: Who was it young Ned slew in front of the tower? And who stabbed him in the back? I think I have to watch it again.
Arthur Dayne, the greatest knight/warrior of that time ... and the back stabber was Howland Reed, Ned's bannerman, the only other survivor of that fight, who lives still to this day, and is the father of the female warrior who is with Bran.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:01 AM

677 posts, read 653,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsteel View Post
Wish they'd quit killing the wolves too
One of my great disapointments in the show is you never really got the importance or presence of the wolves shown. They are much more present, and awesome, in the books, and I wish the show explored that more, but the CGI budget is what has held them back on that front.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:08 AM

7,382 posts, read 12,675,598 times
Thanks, guys! That part went a little fast for me, or maybe I was distracted by eating ice cream.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:10 AM

7,382 posts, read 12,675,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddATX View Post
One of my great disapointments in the show is you never really got the importance or presence of the wolves shown. They are much more present, and awesome, in the books, and I wish the show explored that more, but the CGI budget is what has held them back on that front.
I was going to say the same thing. I suspect they
Spoiler
offed poor Shaggy Dog

so they wouldn't have to spend money on him... But it gives me another reason to want to see Ramsey suffer...

Old 05-09-2016, 09:47 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,962,967 times
The Night's Watch Vow:

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Old 05-09-2016, 01:45 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
The Night's Watch Vow:

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."
John Snow has completed his vows and is a free man.

Old 05-09-2016, 02:10 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,029 posts, read 6,546,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
With so many characters to cover the story has to jump all over the place. All in all I thought the episode was OK. Jon's alive and no longer part of the Night's Watch, the traitors were hung, and now he has to save his little brother from that sick SOB Ramsey. Now we know who Varis uses as his "little birds". Poor children. I never saw that coming
One plot line I find especially trying is the evil Ramsey story. I have read too many books (and watched too many movies) where the evil serial killer/sociopath gets away from all kinds of evil stuff without getting caught. Then in the last 20 pages or the last 20 minutes the bad guys gets what he deserves. In short it bugs me that Ramsey is so lucky in his evil........

Old 05-09-2016, 05:37 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,396,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Thanks, guys! That part went a little fast for me, or maybe I was distracted by eating ice cream.
I rather have the ice cream, it was pretty boring

Old 05-09-2016, 07:50 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,949,984 times
What is the point of Bran's visions into the past? Why is the old man in the tree showing him these things?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV