Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 10:39 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingStandards View Post
There should be no TVs in the kids' rooms, there should only be a TV in the family room (living room) and that's it. She likes the freebies but will blame Jon for it. Where do you think those TVs came from? TLC...hello.
They're just little TV's. Why would TLC buy them TV's? Even if they were free, she didn't have t put them in the kids rooms.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:37 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,154,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Do you think Kate's constant belittling might have had something to do with Jon's attitude toward her?
Sure...I am not a fan of either of them. However, Kate was a dominant personality from the start and Jon, when they first met, was wandering aimlessly through life and probably liked that she made the decisions. Jon didn't want to have another baby after the twins were born...Kate did...now they have 8 kids. Kate ruled the roost and it seems that Jon just one day woke up and was sick of it. If it had been ME, I would have been sick of it a long time before that. However, it seems a little immature to me to just wake up and suddenly have a problem with the positions you've been okay with for nearly 10 years. I have thought all along they should have gone to marital counseling. Perhaps the positions they established at the beginning (Kate being dominant and Jon being passive) were starting to wear thin. When that happens, you sit down and talk about it...you don't run off to the Riviera with a teenager.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:49 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,154,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Interesting in the first show how they continued saying "we already had this scheduled" and "why not a good kitchen for the kids"
I know...isn't it great when Kate actually looks to the camera and says that the McMansion and the new kitchen are "for the kids"? Hmmm...I would put myself in a group with pretty "together" people. I am mature, smart, made good decisions growing up and can say the same for my sister. Our house was positively miniscule and our kitchen wasn't much more than a hallway that you had to get up and move the dining chair for someone to come in the door. What made the difference for me was not the square footage or the amount of granite in my house. It was that my parents had a solid marriage (though admittedly rocky at times) and I had parents that were there ALL of the time. They both worked full time but somehow managed to put us first. I can't think of a single game, concert, play, art show, open house or classroom event that at least one of them attended. Kate and Jon started doing things for themselves long ago...they just have PR people who remind them that they must say something similar to "Everything we do is for the kids" at least once an episode. You don't need a huge house or a fancy kitchen to raise great kids. What they're doing is purely selfish. It's Kate trying to make up for what she has implied was a pretty poor childhood. What she fails to see is that it's not the material possessions you have that makes your childhood great.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:18 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Sure...I am not a fan of either of them. However, Kate was a dominant personality from the start and Jon, when they first met, was wandering aimlessly through life and probably liked that she made the decisions. Jon didn't want to have another baby after the twins were born...Kate did...now they have 8 kids. Kate ruled the roost and it seems that Jon just one day woke up and was sick of it. If it had been ME, I would have been sick of it a long time before that. However, it seems a little immature to me to just wake up and suddenly have a problem with the positions you've been okay with for nearly 10 years. I have thought all along they should have gone to marital counseling. Perhaps the positions they established at the beginning (Kate being dominant and Jon being passive) were starting to wear thin. When that happens, you sit down and talk about it...you don't run off to the Riviera with a teenager.

I can't fault anything you're saying here. I don't like women who act like Kate, but I also understand that Jon is being a bloomin' idiot.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:30 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I know...isn't it great when Kate actually looks to the camera and says that the McMansion and the new kitchen are "for the kids"? Hmmm...I would put myself in a group with pretty "together" people. I am mature, smart, made good decisions growing up and can say the same for my sister. Our house was positively miniscule and our kitchen wasn't much more than a hallway that you had to get up and move the dining chair for someone to come in the door. What made the difference for me was not the square footage or the amount of granite in my house. It was that my parents had a solid marriage (though admittedly rocky at times) and I had parents that were there ALL of the time. They both worked full time but somehow managed to put us first. I can't think of a single game, concert, play, art show, open house or classroom event that at least one of them attended. Kate and Jon started doing things for themselves long ago...they just have PR people who remind them that they must say something similar to "Everything we do is for the kids" at least once an episode. You don't need a huge house or a fancy kitchen to raise great kids. What they're doing is purely selfish. It's Kate trying to make up for what she has implied was a pretty poor childhood. What she fails to see is that it's not the material possessions you have that makes your childhood great.
I can buy that SOME of what they do is for the kids, but a kitchen remodel? Give me a break! That is all for Kate!

Old 08-07-2009, 08:11 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,338,224 times
My grandma raised 10 kids with the teensiest kitchen you ever saw....they're gonna lose viewers left and right. Well, they'll lose the viewers who watched for the reasons I did...to enjoy the family dynamic. The people who watch the other reality freak shows like Real Housewives of Wherever and Toddlers and Tiaras and Their BatCrazy Moms will continue to watch.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:34 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,955,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I can buy that SOME of what they do is for the kids, but a kitchen remodel? Give me a break! That is all for Kate!

I was flipping through the channels this weekend and saw the first half of the show. I had to turn it off. I agree with you, the kitchen remodel is for KATE, not the children. That kitchen was perfectly fine.

When she asked Jon what planet he was living on and the kitchen people said that the mini fridge can be for drinks for the kids etc she was so OWNED. Did she apologize to him in front of everyone she insulted him to ? Nope.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:11 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,283,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
I was flipping through the channels this weekend and saw the first half of the show. I had to turn it off. I agree with you, the kitchen remodel is for KATE, not the children. That kitchen was perfectly fine.

When she asked Jon what planet he was living on and the kitchen people said that the mini fridge can be for drinks for the kids etc she was so OWNED. Did she apologize to him in front of everyone she insulted him to ? Nope.

That's because she is a rude, obnoxious person.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:56 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,633,129 times
Kate is the one that does most of the cooking right?? So what if she wants a new kitchen. I want a new kitchen too.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:05 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,955,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
Kate is the one that does most of the cooking right?? So what if she wants a new kitchen. I want a new kitchen too.
Yes, and so would the majority of us, but we have to pay for ours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV