Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2017, 03:12 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I guess she'll just have to be a dragon rather than a sheep.

This is a distinct possibility Dany may confront one way or another. She assumes she'll depose Cersei and everyone will follow her. If they don't, will she just return to the Free Cities?

The way I see it, Dany's going to have to go to KL eventually. I don't know how she intends to get Cersei out of the Red Keep without bloodshed. So she might as well give the people a choice, and if they refuse, then she can sack KL with a clear conscience.
Given that Cersei found out about all the wild fire hidden under King's Landing I could see her abdicating and when Dani assumes the throne, kablewie, the red keep suffers the same fate as the sept and Cersei just steps right back in. No more Dani, no more Jon, no more all Dani's advisers and heads of houses there to watch her coronation. Cersei wins fade to black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 03:14 PM

10,473 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Apparently I am not the only one who thinks the writing this season is by far the weakest to date. Rushing at a breakneck pace and very shoddy plotting and character development.

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2<\/title><path d="M10,3.5l3-3,3,3Z" style="fill:%23fff;stroke:%23fff"/><path d="M0,3.5H10l3-3,3,3H26" style="fill:none;stroke:%231b3a4d"/><\/svg>')}.f_branding_on.blog-group-deadspin .editor-inner.post-content .pu

Has the show changes writers? Or are the showrunners just tired? I get the impression that meetings in the writers' room this year all ended with, "Argh! I'm so tired of this! Just end it already!"

It's sad that this season the show LOOKS better than it ever has. But the writing is the worst it has ever been.
I feel that way. Everything just seems recycled now, and reunions that I thought should have some feeling in them, left me empty. Jon finds out Arya is alive, and he's like, "oh, that's nice, I thought she was dead" and then he runs into Gendry, The Hound and The Brotherhood, and none of them are like "hey, we traveled with Arya for a spell"

And I don't like the sudden turn in Arya. That she wants anyone refusing orders to be beheaded. When did she ever get like that?

And I hate the Cersei and Jaimie scenes. I just can't buy that they are in love. It's forced and very fake to me.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:18 PM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Given that Cersei found out about all the wild fire hidden under King's Landing I could see her abdicating and when Dani assumes the throne, kablewie, the red keep suffers the same fate as the sept and Cersei just steps right back in. No more Dani, no more Jon, no more all Dani's advisers and heads of houses there to watch her coronation. Cersei wins fade to black.
If I were Dany, I wouldn't even bother with KL. She can take the Seven Kingdoms away from Cersei right now without coming within 50 miles of KL. She could rule from Dragonstone or simply build a new capital city (Danyville/Danyburg).

I don't see Dany allowing Cersei to live if she ever captured her. The only way I see that happening is if she cut a deal with Cersei: free Ellaria Sand and Yara Greyjoy and I'll allow you to live out the rest of your days in captivity on Bear Island.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:20 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Regarding your first question, I think the scene with Jon and the dragon was pivotal. Unlike everyone else, he never once backed away from it, gently touching it instead of recoiling.

This alone is enough for Dany to start viewing him differently, which was confirmed when she said she'd gotten used to having the King of the North around.
I said, to my boyfriend and my son who were in the room with me at the time, "Do you have any idea how many points a guy gets with a chick, when her pets like him?"

Yeah, yeah, I know...they are her "children" not her "pets." Scale babies. WTFever. No, Dani, you do NOT get a tax deduction for them. Stop it.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:24 PM

Why can't Varys get someone in KL to assassinate Cersei?

He could use one of his spiders to get word to Qyburn.

"My Lord. Cersei will lose. You know she will lose. So you have two choices. Live with us. Or die with her."

Qyburn then poisons Cersei. Game of Thrones over.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:28 PM

10,473 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I agree about the poorer quality of writing this season.

When Dany said "Enough with the (something)" I thought to myself - oops - colloquialism straight from an American east coast writer.

And the rush to the end is giving me vertigo.

But as I said before - suspension of disbelief is key to enjoying the series, and it still is wonderful to me.

When I read all the books I skipped everything about Dorn and I always skip all the battle scenes, because that stuff is boring to me. I figure I'll re-read everything next year after the series ends - by that time Martin's next book should be ready.

Yes, the actor playing Gendry is the same as before. I've always thought that he looks exactly like the actor playing Pod, which was confusing to me. The fact that Gendry looks older now helps differentiate him from Pod, which is useful.

I think the actor playing Drogon is very believable. They're probably British, because the accent is really good.
Speaking of Pod. Why does the show waste so much time on him? I just have no idea what is the point of having him in the show, when I would rather have more scenes of the Hound. He is like the most useless character to me.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:31 PM

221 posts, read 187,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

I don't see Dany allowing Cersei to live if she ever captured her. The only way I see that happening is if she cut a deal with Cersei: free Ellaria Sand and Yara Greyjoy and I'll allow you to live out the rest of your days in captivity on Bear Island.
Back when Cersei was a young girl, she visited a Seer who told her all of children would die and she would be a queen. But didn't she also tell her that she would die by the hand of a brother?

Old 08-14-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingding View Post
Back when Cersei was a young girl, she visited a Seer who told her all of children would die and she would be a queen. But didn't she also tell her that she would die by the hand of a brother?
Yep, so Tyrion should get word to his brother: Take out Cersei or King's Landing will melt.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:33 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,528,805 times
Anybody else think that Cersei's little love package is a creation of Qyburn, not Jamie's?

Old 08-14-2017, 03:36 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,677,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Speaking of Pod. Why does the show waste so much time on him? I just have no idea what is the point of having him in the show, when I would rather have more scenes of the Hound. He is like the most useless character to me.
All the time they've spent on Pod suggests that he will have a key role to play in the finale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV