Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2017, 06:14 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,175,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Someone on Reddit transcribed the note.....
Good work, I freeze framed it and could only read the middle portion.

That is the note that Cersei forced Sansa to write way back in the first season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 06:28 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,175,651 times
If a survey was conducted asking which dead character did we least want to see killed, and which did we most want to see killed, I suspect that The Queen of Thorns would dominate the first category and Joffrey and Ramsay the second.

So let us say..apart from those three, whose death did you most and least welcome.

I hated to see Queen Margaery Tyrell go. She was extremely smart, and an even better actress than Cersei when it came to snowing those around her. In fact the only person she never was able to fool was Cersei. Margaery was the only one quick enough to figure out what was going on when Cersei failed to show up for her trial and I was very disappointed when she wasn't allowed to exit before the green fire erupted.

The character I enjoyed seeing get killed was Crastor who was the Wilding version of Walder Frey...who I also enjoyed seeing die.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:10 PM

8,432 posts, read 7,445,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
But here's a question my cousin was asking. How did Tyrion know Jaimi and Bronn were still alive and how did he arrange Bronn to help set up a meeting place for him and Jaimi?
Varys may not have his little birds, as he's been gone for somewhere between one and two years and Qyburn's been feeding those birds. Those children might even be enticed to sell Varys out to Qyburn for the right price.

But if you're going to stand me up in front of a dragon and have me guess, I'd say it was Davos Seaworth. He's from King's Landing originally, having grown up in Flea Bottom. He was a smuggler who knows the port there. He could have slipped in to hear the gossip, and heard the tale of Ser Bronn once again saving another Lannister. Davos, on a return trip, could have sought out Bronn in a local bar or brothel, as the jumped-up sell sword liked his wine and his women. Of course, this is all conjecture, as I am standing in front of your proverbial dragon here.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:16 PM

10,517 posts, read 4,076,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
If a survey was conducted asking which dead character did we least want to see killed, and which did we most want to see killed, I suspect that The Queen of Thorns would dominate the first category and Joffrey and Ramsay the second.

So let us say..apart from those three, whose death did you most and least welcome.

I hated to see Queen Margaery Tyrell go. She was extremely smart, and an even better actress than Cersei when it came to snowing those around her. In fact the only person she never was able to fool was Cersei. Margaery was the only one quick enough to figure out what was going on when Cersei failed to show up for her trial and I was very disappointed when she wasn't allowed to exit before the green fire erupted.

The character I enjoyed seeing get killed was Crastor who was the Wilding version of Walder Frey...who I also enjoyed seeing die.
Excellent question.

While I know Joffery and Ramsay were particularly terrible characters, I was at my most glee when Pycell finally got killed off. I truly hated that old goat with a passion, with how he tried to meddle in with affairs and whatnot, and was so glad to see Cersei finally knock him once and for all.

As for the deaths I did not welcome. While Margaery and Olenna I found sad to see go, the one death that sadden me the most, even though I knew it was coming, was Yoren. He didn't have to risk his life to try and save Arya and Robert's bastard. He could have easily jumped on his horse and make ways to Essos and never look back, but he was a very honorable man, and fought bravely to his last end to protect children that weren't even his. Heck, he's the one that gave Arya the idea about the list, and that kept her driven to survive and endure the hardships she has.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:23 PM

10,517 posts, read 4,076,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Varys may not have his little birds, as he's been gone for somewhere between one and two years and Qyburn's been feeding those birds. Those children might even be enticed to sell Varys out to Qyburn for the right price.

But if you're going to stand me up in front of a dragon and have me guess, I'd say it was Davos Seaworth. He's from King's Landing originally, having grown up in Flea Bottom. He was a smuggler who knows the port there. He could have slipped in to hear the gossip, and heard the tale of Ser Bronn once again saving another Lannister. Davos, on a return trip, could have sought out Bronn in a local bar or brothel, as the jumped-up sell sword liked his wine and his women. Of course, this is all conjecture, as I am standing in front of your proverbial dragon here.
I have no idea what you are trying to say. Sarcasm and riddles seem to miss me, especially while on the internet.

Let me just say,I would have rather they gone into detail how they knew Bronn and Jaimie are alive, instead of seeing Sam have a tantrum when Gilly was trying to read to him.

It very well could be Varys. Or, maybe it was Bronn, once he got back to King's Landing, he sent the letter to Tyrion, knowing that they were clearly effed, and maybe he could talk sense into Jaimie about dealing with Cersei and the White Walkers.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:11 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,856,782 times
I dont think Cersei is telling the truth about being pregnant.

and looks like next episode will be AWESOME!!!!

Old 08-16-2017, 04:49 AM

8,432 posts, read 7,445,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I have no idea what you are trying to say. Sarcasm and riddles seem to miss me, especially while on the internet.
It wasn't sarcasm or riddles. I was just using the terms already established by the books/HBO Series.

Varys, the former spymaster to three of the kings of the Seven Kingdoms, used to employ poor children as his spies. He referred to those children as his little birds. Varys himself grew up as a poor and abandoned child and thus knew both how invisible they were to people in power and how much those children saw. Varys cultivated relationships with those children, often giving them food to which they would never else have access otherwise. When Varys fled the Seven Kingdoms, Qyburn, who was Cersei's maester and eventual advistor, took over control of Varys's spy networks. But it had been made clear that Varys never resorted to killing or hurting people, while it was shown that Qyburn actually had an abusive father of one of the child informants killed in order to curry favor with that informant. When I said that Qyburn now feeds Varys's birds, I mean that those child spies are now, and have been for the past year or more, under Qyburn's direct control and that Varys has no influence with what was one of the most effective spy rings in the Seven Kingdoms.

Quote:
Let me just say,I would have rather they gone into detail how they knew Bronn and Jaimie are alive, instead of seeing Sam have a tantrum when Gilly was trying to read to him.

It very well could be Varys. Or, maybe it was Bronn, once he got back to King's Landing, he sent the letter to Tyrion, knowing that they were clearly effed, and maybe he could talk sense into Jaimie about dealing with Cersei and the White Walkers.
After the torching of Randyll and Dickon Tarly by Daenarys's dragon, I would have hoped that you would have caught the allusion, but I was trying to make the point that I was at best guessing as to how the Daenerys Targaryen faction knew about Jaime Lannister and Bronn surviving the Battle of the Loot Train.

I was also simplying postulating that Davos Seaworth, Jon Snow's advisor, could have been the source of information and the agent of contact, due to several talents that Davos had as both a native of the Flea Bottom slums in Kings Landing as as a former smuggler.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:19 AM

5,848 posts, read 6,203,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
But it had been made clear that Varys never resorted to killing or hurting people,
Didn't Varys have some person who had previously wronged him captive in some box or basement or something? I can't recall the exact details of who or why (I want to say it might have been someone who was abusive to him).

Old 08-16-2017, 05:32 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,099,212 times
More suspension of disbelief in an order of magnitude that makes no sense at all. Jamie and Bronn went into the water with hundreds of Dothraki and some Lannister survivors around. Then they burst out of the water gasping for breath, and no one is around?

I guess now we have to believe they can hold their breath for about an hour, maybe even longer?

The writers are forcing us to accept silly plot lines now, making GOT look a lot more like LOST, with (still) better writing and production values. At this point they must know we have no choice but to keep watching, since it is close to the end. But, weren't they hoping we would all be their for the prequels/sequels? Maybe not so much now.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:44 AM

18,486 posts, read 15,291,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
Didn't Varys have some person who had previously wronged him captive in some box or basement or something? I can't recall the exact details of who or why (I want to say it might have been someone who was abusive to him).
It was the guy who turned him into a eunuch when he was a boy.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 08-16-2017 at 05:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV