Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 04:10 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,869,992 times

Advertisements

Lots of them hang out in the mornings outside the local Home Depot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 04:14 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,528,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caves19 View Post
<>I have seen a couple weird things in the sky before that couldn't be explained.
The ancient Greeks and Romans saw a lot of weird things in the sky too, that they could not explain. They dealt with them by invoking Gods and Goddesses.

Old 07-24-2017, 04:47 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
Do I believe there is intelligent alien life out there? Yes. Do I think at some time in the Earth's history that intelligent technological aliens or their machines have visited us? Possible, but unlikely. Do I think they're visiting us now or walk among us? Probably not -- I'd bet against it.

I think people who believe we're being visited don't understand:

* How obscenely huge the universe is and the real distance between the stars
* How unlikely and contingent the existence of life on this planet seems to be (this would change if we found life on one or more other planets in the solar system that independently evolved)
* The difficulty and cost to a society of travel between the stars and the low economical and cultural return for doing so
* The fragility of a technological culture due to its own destructive tendencies and the universe being hell bent to kick its @ss (we find every year more reasons that it's a miracle we're still here)

Maybe there are plenty of intelligent civilizations out there, but they never survive long enough to be able to seriously consider interstellar travel. On the last point, see:

Interactive map reveals how THOUSANDS of asteroids will skim Earth | Daily Mail Online
BBC Nature - Big Five mass extinction events

Old 07-24-2017, 05:35 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
Someone pointed out that I left out extinction level gamma ray bursts.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journ...EF6CF989159807

Old 07-24-2017, 08:39 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,386,686 times
Quote:
Do you believe in aliens? Or maybe another species? in another universe? Have you ever seen a UFO? I have seen a couple weird things in the sky before that couldn't be explained.
I dont believe in aliens but I have seen a UFO.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:09 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
yes

Old 07-24-2017, 09:14 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
They could be our GOD. We don't know who put us here. I'm sure it would be a revelation the religious community wouldn't want to happen. I have an open mind and feel that if there is alien life they are smart enough to stay out of sight. Most people couldn't handle it.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:53 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
What I dont understand is this:
In the lunar photos and the photos sent back by Mars rovers, we can see shapes which appear to be anomalous. These shapes are only a few meters(in the case of Mars rovers) away from the camera, yet those who disbelieve aliens exist, say these shapes are perfectly normal rocks which look like something else.

In the case of lunar and martian images from space, there is more doubt, however there are still shapes which appear as if they are craft or huge structures which by rights, should not be there on a lifeless planet.

We have whistleblowers who say there is a secret space program and we have a base on the Moon and other planets in our solar system. Are they all telling lies?

Old 07-24-2017, 09:57 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
There has to be other intelligent life in the universe other than us and yes I've seen a UFO. Several, in fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlOkgAK9ce8

Old 07-24-2017, 10:26 PM

866 posts, read 630,115 times
Cool Knowing vs. believing

Quote:
Do you believe in aliens? Or maybe another species? in another universe? Have you ever seen a UFO? I have seen a couple weird things in the sky before that couldn't be explained.
To me, Aliens, UFOs, Big Foot, Nessie, Fairies, secret societies and international conspiracies are BELIEVABLE! But I only "believe" in (accept) things that I can prove or verify for myself. So far, I have found no actual evidence or proof of aliens or UFOs and there's a lot that I cannot prove for myself but its none the less believable to me. I need to know about things rather than stupidly believe in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal