Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:43 PM

595 posts, read 2,743,265 times

Advertisements

Alright, if anyone on here is considering a move to the St George, Hurricane area, may a I make a suggestion?

Check out Elim Valley. Thats E-L-I-M not elm like the tree.

It's a pretty awesome sounding place, developed on 2500 acres with a championship 18 hole golf course, along with amenities like a trail system, tennis, a new resort, equestrian center, and an actual water park like the ones you'd see at Disney World.

All the home plans look pretty interesting, and the multiple neighborhoods are all focused around their own village square with shops/restaurants, etc. They offer a pretty good variety to chose from, also.

So, if youre planning on making the move to Southern Utah, I'd deffinatly check this place out.

Elim Valley

Elim Valley Realtor :: Aysha Austin :: Elim Valley UT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 05:51 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
I have heard of Elim Valley, I really don't know in this real estate market how that is going to go over for now..its supposed to be huge, not sure where the people are going to come from, I have not heard 600,000 residents at all...I can't imagine right now the county has 100,000. Guess I could look that up. Wonder where all these people will work? Wish one of them would come buy my house lol.

I am definitely outta here if the population is supposed to be 600,000. They can't drive for beans here now..

Old 04-22-2008, 05:53 PM

In the mid 1960's the county's population was about 10,000; today, it is well over 140,000. In fact, our population has nearly doubled each of the last three decades!
Well, I was close

Old 04-22-2008, 06:30 PM

They said that you guys are now the second fastest growing county in the country, and that the population should exceed 600,000 by 2030 if the current growth rate continues.

Heres (http://www.elimvalleyliving.com/pdf/ElimValley-web.pdf - broken link) something I found on Elim Valley with renderings of the whole project.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:35 PM

Oh 2030...that's a long way off...maybe it will happen...hard to tell, this is a beautiful area...I am not that knowledgable about any big companies coming into the area...so trying to understand where all the jobs will be to support these folks.

Heck, that's 20 some years down the road...I won't be here then anyway....

It looks like Elim Valley is going to be a lovely area....guess I should check it out when I am out and about...

Have a great evening!

Old 04-23-2008, 09:15 AM

396 posts, read 1,276,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
What I am saying is that instead of completley getting rid of two malls downtown, why don't they instead build CC in an area outside of the "main downtown area" in an effort to make the whole downtown bigger?

Anyways, whatever, it dosen't matter.
There's not any area "outside" of downtown they could do it. Gateway Mall was already outside of downtown. Also, those malls were run-down, and trendy new mixed-use communities are the way to go nowadays. They're more attractive and more multi-purpose. Also, putting it right in the heart of downtown would make it essentially the "heart" of the city. When people used to refer to downtown, they'd refer to the Temple Square/Crossroads-ZCMI Mall area. Now they'll refer to the Temple Square/City Creek area. Also, there's the transportation advantage; TRAX runs straight down Main Street, between where the two malls used to be and down the middle of where City Creek will be.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:20 PM

I've read posts about how SLC will never really be able to attract decent nightclubs/restaurants/shopping to it's downtown. What do you think?

Old 04-25-2008, 04:08 PM

18,728 posts, read 33,396,751 times
Regarding Elim Valley, I couldn't find a hint of pricing anywhere, including its website.
Where is the water going to come from, not only for daily use, but for "water parks" and so on?

Old 04-25-2008, 04:14 PM

I don't see that happening..the main downtown area is the temple area..i doubt they are going to let that riff raff go on..the liquor laws are wierd here, I just don't see it happening....

Old 04-25-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Regarding Elim Valley, I couldn't find a hint of pricing anywhere, including its website.
Where is the water going to come from, not only for daily use, but for "water parks" and so on?
Water...thats a good one..the powers that be don't think that far ahead..its all $$
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah