Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 08:53 AM

349 posts, read 990,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahales View Post
Just what I expected, the same ole posters complaining about the same ole stuff, showing the same ole photos from the same wack azz clubs. The only legit night spot he listed was Ozios.

Did this cat just call Ultrabar one of DC's hottest night spots? Really? This is worse than when that one poster claimed the entire city was hanging out at that drag bar Nellies, for karoake.

Leave that god awful place alone and go to Park14, K Street Lounge, Recess. Hell, keep going back to Ozios, I am sure they will fully rebound one day. Get on some guestlist, get there before 11 and enjoy.

I do not see these sausage fest that posters complain about. Everytime I go out, I see a boatload of sisters.
ahales, the places you listed are mostly black (Park14, KStreet Lounge). If I was black I'd go there too, but I'm not so I'm out of place there.

I already explained above that black guys have a skewed perception of the dating scene in DC. They're outnumbered by their 'sisters' and can just sit back and enjoy the feast, which happens every day for them on the metro, on the streets, but also in mostly-AfAm clubs. That's the one exception to the rule. Outside of that particular scene, things are much tougher for non-black males.

If you read the following old CD thread from 2007, guys seemed to be pretty happy with their options in DC around that time. There was no mention of sausagefests or anything like that. So it's a new, recent issue.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/washi...cene-like.html

Old 06-08-2011, 09:12 AM

339 posts, read 836,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene80 View Post
ahales, the places you listed are mostly black (Park14, KStreet Lounge). If I was black I'd go there too, but I'm not so I'm out of place there.

I already explained above that black guys have a skewed perception of the dating scene in DC. They're outnumbered by their 'sisters' and can just sit back and enjoy the feast, which happens every day for them on the metro, on the streets, but also in mostly-AfAm clubs. That's the one exception to the rule. Outside of that particular scene, things are much tougher for non-black males.

If you read the following old CD thread from 2007, guys seemed to be pretty happy with their options in DC around that time. There was no mention of sausagefests or anything like that. So it's a new, recent issue.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/washi...cene-like.html
Eugene,

I'm black and I can tell you the scene has gotten worse for us as well. The cat has been out the bad for awhile now. I was at Park14 2 weeks ago and it was terrible.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:21 AM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,716,306 times
Eugene,
One night I swung by Buddha bar with some of my classmates and it was a sea of blonde chicks in there that night. Maybe it was my luck of the draw but I saw some fine white chicks. If I was into them, I would have been in heaven.

I had also saw a good mixture at Lotus on K Street. Very, very, very, diverse crowd.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
Eugene,

I'm black and I can tell you the scene has gotten worse for us as well. The cat has been out the bad for awhile now. I was at Park14 2 weeks ago and it was terrible.

Weren't you the same cat complaining about the chicks at Howard?

Old 06-08-2011, 09:25 AM

Gilgamesh, do you belong to a church in the area. Most of the churches that I have been to in DC have way more women than men. It may be a much better place to meet a woman also, if one is looking to really settle down.

A month ago, I helped a friend of mine set up a speed dating competition for a charity and we ended up with 30 females to 6 guys (all black). These dudes were in heaven.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:16 AM

999 posts, read 2,011,372 times
I don't know. I think women have a tougher time finding a man because the douchebag quotient is much higher in the Washington, DC area than most other major cities.

I still believe that a black woman in DC has it really tough in the dating scene--especially if she is a college-educated professional. There's simply not enough black men that are on the same level (in terms of education and income potential).

Unfortunately, many black women continue to be single because of cross-racial dating barriers. You rarely see white male/black female couples given that DC is an incredibly racial and ethnic diverse city. I don't know whether it is because A.) white men find black women as sexually and socially undesirable or B.) black women see white men as sexually and socially undesirable.

Expanding on Point B, there could also be historical factors for reasons why black women refuse to date white males (i.e. the institution of slavery by white males over the black race). Some of the most heinous violent acts directed towards black women came from white men. The power dynamic has not changed much since 1800s since white males tend to be the bosses and the black females as the worker (or servant). It is far easier to build a romantic relationship with someone who has equal social footing with you and one who empathizes with your struggle. In other words, a privileged and oppressed couple combination does not work so well.

And yes, I would consider a black female with a college degree and a professional job as oppressed.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:12 PM

Bliss,
According to other posters, that is not true.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:30 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,152,716 times
Ozio is a mess by the way. Until they get their stuff straightened out, I wouldn't hit that club. People are still riding the "oh, rooftop, purty!" wave.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:04 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbliss View Post
I don't know. I think women have a tougher time finding a man because the douchebag quotient is much higher in the Washington, DC area than most other major cities.

I still believe that a black woman in DC has it really tough in the dating scene--especially if she is a college-educated professional. There's simply not enough black men that are on the same level (in terms of education and income potential).

Unfortunately, many black women continue to be single because of cross-racial dating barriers. You rarely see white male/black female couples given that DC is an incredibly racial and ethnic diverse city. I don't know whether it is because A.) white men find black women as sexually and socially undesirable or B.) black women see white men as sexually and socially undesirable.

Expanding on Point B, there could also be historical factors for reasons why black women refuse to date white males (i.e. the institution of slavery by white males over the black race). Some of the most heinous violent acts directed towards black women came from white men. The power dynamic has not changed much since 1800s since white males tend to be the bosses and the black females as the worker (or servant). It is far easier to build a romantic relationship with someone who has equal social footing with you and one who empathizes with your struggle. In other words, a privileged and oppressed couple combination does not work so well.

And yes, I would consider a black female with a college degree and a professional job as oppressed.
Actually a well educated, self-starting black woman can simply date white guys if she finds a lack of well educated black men in the District.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:07 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbliss View Post

I moved here from down south and have seen more black women with non-black men than anywhere I've ever lived. There are several IR couples with black women in them around my neighborhood. I also have two college friends that live here and both are married to white men. I would think black women here are more open to it here cause this is definitely something I rarely saw down south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC