Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 09:05 AM

331 posts, read 1,198,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
You do realize that there has to be a mother for every father. That means there are a ton of black "baby mommas" out there, too. And for every black man with a criminal record, there's a black woman hiding his stash and probably having his baby on top of that. And I don't think that some paper-pushing job in Human Resources at the Department of Health & Human Services makes a woman "eligible." That's really no different from the brother who repairs HVAC systems for a living, if really want to be honest about it.

I haven't even gotten to the obesity factor. If 80 percent of black women are obese/overweight, that means that I'm not going to be attracted to 80 percent of black women before even accounting for "ghettoness," facial ugliness, education, intelligence, values, mental stability, etc.
If you are truly black, you need to reconcile with your mother before you leave this earth. I have never witnessed a black man with such a mentality towards black women. Ever.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:13 AM

331 posts, read 1,198,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBison2007 View Post
The HELL THEY CAN'T....I know you meant well but these articles ALWAYS end up being blamed on supposedly "DESPERATE" Black women at the end of the day.............let's just bring it all out in the open, shall we??.......

attention DC...ATTENTION!

....HOOD RAT BLACK WOMEN IN THIS AREA CAN'T BE CHOOSY, OK?...Illegal IMMIGRANT WOMEN WHO LIVE IN WHEATON/PG County/Etc AND ARE LARGELY LATINO CAN'T BE CHOOSY....ASIAN WOMEN WHO WORK AT RUN-DOWN CHINESE CARRYOUTS SELLING WINGS/MAMBO SAUCE AND CAN'T SPEAK A LICK OF ENGLISH CAN'T BE CHOOSY.......White Women who barely graduated high school, have 3 kids, and unemployed CAN'T BE CHOOSY........Caribbean Women with a crazy and hot tempered Attitude can't be choosy.........African Women who have extremely Low Self Esteem can't be choosy.....ANY WOMAN with poor grooming habits CAN'T BE CHOOSY....and if you don't take care of yourself, well you're already OUT of the running when it comes to the dating scene around here.....SORRY........I can go on and on and on...

.....fly, educated,smart, HEALTHY women with high self esteem such as myself and countless others of african american descent and other races don't have to be.......I've been "Choosy" and will forever be choosy and currently I'm in a great long term relationship because I was choosy........and I live in DC

...... I don't care how many black men are incarcerated, gay, infected, etc....that's just an excuse, because I'll be D**ned if I'm gonna sit home being a long-term single complaining about the "lack of good men" ..........either I'll jump the bridge to date another race or I'll find a healthy/normal man of my own race SOMEHOW....
Amen Sister! Amen! I am Choosy now. Wished I had been back in the day.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:46 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
No offense, but you sound really bitter. I commented on your post because I relate more to what you said than anything other thing that was posted. I've been around women from DC who are educated, who have been desperate to get into relationship, so I just disagree on the accuracy of your assertion. Does that mean I agree with everything that has been said about black women? No.

You stated that:

This is completely untrue. Like most people in society, people are becoming noncommittal. There are a lot of people who refuse to settle down, but yet they are taking the benefits of a long term relationship, namely having relations with their partners. As a result, there are a lot of babies being born out of wedlock. I believe the statistics state that 72% of black babies are born out of wedlock. 60% of black college graduates are women, which means more than likely there is some correlation because black women who have degrees and black women having babies out of wedlock.

What's my point? Women who have children out of wedlock are less likely to be able to get into long term relationships. The baggage of baby-daddy drama, the responsibility of someone else's children, and the lack of availability all play a role in how attractive men see women. Point blank, I know very few women who are willing to accept being single, usually it by circumstances. I've known many women who have allowed themselves to be cheated on, abused, taken advantage of, or date just about anyone even with a college degree. If you believe having college degree somehow give these women some sort of entitlement, then you've clearly missed some things. These women are lying if they are telling you that they choose to be single.

And just to think I just covered baby momma drama. I didn't even mention how unattractive some women may be, mental illnesses, or just bitterness against men.
No I'm not bitter. Just irritated by the few black males that throw black women under the bus at any chance.

I am married, but if I were not I would not settle for just any joe blow just for the sake of having a man. I'm not saying all women are single by choice and I recognize that some date men just for the sake of having a man. I know some women who date messed up guys but its usually for the thought of him being "Mr.Right Now" as opposed to Mr. Forever.

But I also know some women who complain they have not been in a relationship for years and its because they cannot meet a man who meets their standards. When I dated my husband I dated him with the mindset of 'is he marriage material'. If a man were not marriage material then it was one date and then on to the next one.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedWell View Post
I don't think she sounded bitter at all. I wholeheartedly agree with her. I am single again and I hate it. But I REFUSE to drop my standards and date some randome dude with issues. Been there, done that too many times. Even if I have to spend the rest of my life alone I will never compromise again.
Exactly, I have found that compromising often leads to more drama than it's worth.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:51 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
If you are truly black, you need to reconcile with your mother before you leave this earth.
It's not hating. It's just stating.

You would have no objection if I said that (1) I see too many black men sitting idle on corners in Washington, DC; (2) black men face the highest unemployment levels of any demographic in the United States; (3) black men do not achieve the same level of academic success as black women; and (4) many black men in the DC area have kids and psychological issues. No, you wouldn't object. Instead, you'd say "Preach!" I'd just be stating the facts, right? And all of these facts make a good portion of black men unsuitable as husbands, right?

But you cringe and squeam and give me nothing but righteous indignation when the same scrutiny is applied to black women. Is it verifiable, indisputable fact that 80 percent of black women are overweight/obese? Yes, as evidenced by the data I post time and time again. Here: Obesity and African Americans - The Office of Minority Health; Here: Sisters Tri-ing Aims to Help Overweight Black Women - Essence.com (http://www.essence.com/lifestyle/health/eighty_percent_of_black_women_more_overweight_prog ram_helps.php - broken link); Here:
Michelle Obama, Obesity and the Black Epidemic; and Here: http://www.cdc.gov/NCHS/data/hestat/...dult_07_08.pdf
Are you mad at me for pointing that out? Or are you mad at me for even suggesting that men might not (more like "will not") find these women attractive? If women can point out that X percent of black men aren't suitable marriage candidates because they don't have a college degree, what's wrong with pointing out that X percent of black women aren't suitable for marriage because they're overweight or obese? Seems fair to me.

Me and my moms are cool. We had this very same conversation this Mother's Day. And did she get mad at me? No. She said: "Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

Quote:
I have never witnessed a black man with such a mentality towards black women. Ever.
Why, Thank You! *BajanYankee blushes* I take great pride in eviscerating pretty platitudes and destroying PC shibboleths.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 06-09-2011 at 11:15 AM..

Old 06-09-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
As I said BMI rates are based on European standards. Blacks have heavier bone mass and black women have larger breasts and butts than whites therefore by their standards many black women are overweight. I really don't see your point in insulting black women other than that you must be bitter.
Do you have any data whatsoever to back up anything you say?

Let's take a look at the BMI Calculator:

Calculate Your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator

The median height for an American female is 5'5. The median height for black women is actually lower than that, and in fact, black women are the only demographic whose height has actually decreased since 1960 (Black American Women Are Getting Shorter, Study Says - washingtonpost.com). This is directly attributable to the obesity epidemic in the black community.

So a woman who stands a towering 5'5 and weighs a spritely 180 pounds has a BMI of 30, which is considered OBESE. Fifty percent of black women fall into that category. There is no amount of boobs and bum that will make a 5'5 woman weigh as much as Jason Terry, a 6'2 professional basketball player.

Bonus Question: Is it an insult to point out that X percentage of black men are unemployed or don't have a college education?

Old 06-09-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Do you have any data whatsoever to back up anything you say?

Do you have anything to back up your statements that black women have poor grammar, colored weave, and tattoos?

Old 06-09-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Do you have anything to back up your statements that black women have poor grammar, colored weave, and tattoos?
Yup. It's called a simple visit to Baltimore, Detroit, St. Louis, Memphis, Atlanta, Philly, Harlem, Brooklyn, Los Angeles, Birmingham, Cleveland, Chicago or Houston. This is based on personal observation, of course. Then there's the movie "Good Hair," too, but I'm sure they just made all of that up.

Quote:
The majority of black women do not have tattoos, poor grammar, or colored weave.
Where did I say that the majority of black women had tattoos, poor grammar, or colored weave? Read carfeully.

I noticed you didn't bother to respond to the rest of my post. A response that could easily be based on scietific evidence (if it existed). That's why I asked if you made ANY assertion that was based on any type of evidence.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 06-09-2011 at 11:49 AM..

Old 06-09-2011, 11:46 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times
Quote:
No I'm not bitter. Just irritated by the few black males that throw black women under the bus at any chance.
I'm sorry but did you see me say any of those things? What does that have to do with my comment? I just came in here and expressed my opinion and I automatically get grouped with the guys that have put black women down, yet I have said nothing remotely negative about black women.

Quote:
I am married, but if I were not I would not settle for just any joe blow just for the sake of having a man. I'm not saying all women are single by choice and I recognize that some date men just for the sake of having a man. I know some women who date messed up guys but its usually for the thought of him being "Mr.Right Now" as opposed to Mr. Forever.

But I also know some women who complain they have not been in a relationship for years and its because they cannot meet a man who meets their standards. When I dated my husband I dated him with the mindset of 'is he marriage material'. If a man were not marriage material then it was one date and then on to the next one.
For the record, I'm married as well and I completely agree with your thoughts on this. That is the thought process that both my wife and I took, which is one of the reasons why we married at such a young age instead of dating just to date. Unfortunately there aren't too many men or women that think like this. Sure there are going to be women that have standards. Some might even deemed them as being stuck up, and for some of them it may be true. But I think the issue is deeper than just standards. There was a video

which has been posted on here before, that have women that have unrealistic expectations. They want a guy who is 6'5", who makes 100k, and wear designer clothes. That's just not going to happen, more than likely. Where are these standards coming from? Are these really a good thing, or a result of women that do not know how to find a good man? A good man might not be 6'5", or make 100k, or drive a Benz, or wear designer clothes. These are simply shallow, superficial things that hold no value in a relationship long term. To me these women who think like this are acting out there lack of positive male relationships that they have had in their lives and they have no idea how to find a real man regardless of what he does or does not have.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
I'm sorry but did you see me say any of those things? What does that have to do with my comment? I just came in here and expressed my opinion and I automatically get grouped with the guys that have put black women down, yet I have said nothing remotely negative about black women.

Its not directed at you that's why I said the few black men. I'm mainly referring to Bajan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.