Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 03:07 PM

331 posts, read 1,198,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
It's not hating. It's just stating.

You would have no objection if I said that (1) I see too many black men sitting idle on corners in Washington, DC; (2) black men face the highest unemployment levels of any demographic in the United States; (3) black men do not achieve the same level of academic success as black women; and (4) many black men in the DC area have kids and psychological issues. No, you wouldn't object. Instead, you'd say "Preach!" I'd just be stating the facts, right? And all of these facts make a good portion of black men unsuitable as husbands, right?

But you cringe and squeam and give me nothing but righteous indignation when the same scrutiny is applied to black women. Is it verifiable, indisputable fact that 80 percent of black women are overweight/obese? Yes, as evidenced by the data I post time and time again. Here: Obesity and African Americans - The Office of Minority Health; Here: Sisters Tri-ing Aims to Help Overweight Black Women - Essence.com (http://www.essence.com/lifestyle/health/eighty_percent_of_black_women_more_overweight_prog ram_helps.php - broken link); Here:
Michelle Obama, Obesity and the Black Epidemic; and Here: http://www.cdc.gov/NCHS/data/hestat/...dult_07_08.pdf
Are you mad at me for pointing that out? Or are you mad at me for even suggesting that men might not (more like "will not") find these women attractive? If women can point out that X percent of black men aren't suitable marriage candidates because they don't have a college degree, what's wrong with pointing out that X percent of black women aren't suitable for marriage because they're overweight or obese? Seems fair to me.
No, see here you are wrong. I wouldn't say "preach". You assume too much. Yes, it is a fact that many black men are unemployed, don't have the academics, etc. BUT UNLIKE YOU I don't bash my brothers cause many of them are doing the best they can with what they were given.

Actually, I agree with you on the overweight issue. I have too many girlfriends who are addicted to food and it shows. But must you make an issue of it every chance you get on this forum? So what if things are ok with your mother. You still seem very angry. Did some big, overweight black girl beat you up on the playground and you never got over it? Please.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:37 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
DC is well known to have some of the most beautiful Black women in the nation. You don't think every educated black man in America doesn't know that? Ha!
I have a few friends that moved here just because of the women. LOL. So all this "DC has a surplus of sexy single black women" is a MYTH. I was at a happy hour at Park and the place was PACKED with black men in suits. The whole bottom floor and the patio probably had a hand full of women.
LOL. It is a myth. And I don't know why guys go to Park. It's always a sausage fest.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:05 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedWell View Post
No, see here you are wrong. I wouldn't say "preach". You assume too much. Yes, it is a fact that many black men are unemployed, don't have the academics, etc. BUT UNLIKE YOU I don't bash my brothers cause many of them are doing the best they can with what they were given.
I'm not bashing black women. I'm stating the facts. I'm a beacon of truth shining my light for the world to see.

Proposition 1: Many black women cannot find a suitable husband because there are not enough black men with college degrees to go around for every woman that wants one. This is a statement, made by missingatlanta, that you agreed with.

Proposition 2: Many black men cannot find a suitable wife because there are not enough attractive black women to go around for every man that wants one.

I think both statements ring equally true. The only difference is that the first is politically correct whereas the second is not. Is one more hateful than the other? Personally, I don't think so. As Andre 3000 said, "I'm, I'm, I'm just being honest."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedWell View Post
Actually, I agree with you on the overweight issue. I have too many girlfriends who are addicted to food and it shows. But must you make an issue of it every chance you get on this forum? So what if things are ok with your mother. You still seem very angry. Did some big, overweight black girl beat you up on the playground and you never got over it? Please.
I do. Think about it. If there were more cute and slender black chicks, and they rewarded the Eric Holders of the world with their bodies instead of the Lil' Waynes, you would see the enrollment of black men in college skyrocket within a decade. So the message needs to resonate across Black America loud and clear. I'm so generous towards humanity sometimes that I move myself to tears.

If being like this...

Gets you this....

Why would you want to go to college?

Last edited by BajanYankee; 06-09-2011 at 04:24 PM..

Old 06-09-2011, 04:36 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,458,827 times
Bajan is the black Charlie Sheen and he just docked the SS Truthboat on your shores.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:48 PM

885 posts, read 1,552,939 times
Quote:

If being like this...

Gets you this....

Why would you want to go to college?
She looks VERY mixed.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:53 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter2010 View Post
She looks VERY mixed.
She is, her mother is black and father is Jewish.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KStreetQB View Post
Perhaps you need to take a visit to DC for the exact same reasons. This isn't a sprawling city like Atlanta with a healthy black middle and upper class. I think your comments are completely discounting the demographic and socio-economic realities of DC.
I live in DC now and I still think he is wrong. Actually my brother in law comes up here often for business and he is always going about how DC has some of the best looking and most easy going women he's encountered.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Hate to break it to you, but nearly all of the black neighborhoods in Detroit, Baltimore, and Philly are the hood. Even in the so-called "Black Mecca" of Washington, DC, there are way more neighborhoods like Petworth than there are like Hillcrest. I live in Ledroit Park, which is supposedly the premier black neighborhood for young black professionals in DC, and most of the people there are hood. I don't see many Sanaa Lathan or Corinne Bailey Rae-types. I see mostly Keisha Coles and Fantasias.

I'm like Bill Cosby, man. I'm just callin' it the way I see it. Don't do a Michael Eric Dyson on me.

I hope that you are equally outraged when Essence and ABC do the same to black men. And black people make themselves look bad. People don't need to go on City-Data to see that when they can just go outside.

And there are plenty of flava flavs in DC too. I work in an office with a lot of black women and they definitely aren't hoodrats. I think DC has some of the most highly educated black people I've encountered.

I am. I think it's silliness. Most black women can't stand Essence which is why the magazine is struggling now.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
The reason I said you were bitter is because this is how you responded to my first post

Completely condescending.
Yeah because I think your outrage was misplaced. Sorry if you don't agree.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:12 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,458,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
I live in DC now and I still think he is wrong. Actually my brother in law comes up here often for business and he is always going about how DC has some of the best looking and most easy going women he's encountered.
Wow, from all of your comments, you must be sticking to a very limited area of DC.

There are some extremely fine black women in my neighborhood too, and they are indeed easy going, but they definitely don't pass Bajan's tattoo/subject-verb agreement/weave test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.