Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 09:03 AM

3,546 posts, read 8,562,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
Today, DC attracts the Valedictorians of every school from around the country, not the former cheerleaders and voted most popular girls chasing their dreams of modeling, fashion design and acting.
And thank God for that. I don't have any interest in living in NYC.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:41 AM

339 posts, read 836,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
And thank God for that. I don't have any interest in living in NYC.
You do realize that not having those women here skews the ratio of Hot women to men living in the DMV. So even if you prefer to get a professional girl it's gonna be that much harder to get her because of the lack of competition.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:59 AM

3,546 posts, read 8,562,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
You do realize that not having those women here skews the ratio of Hot women to men living in the DMV. So even if you prefer to get a professional girl it's gonna be that much harder to get her because of the lack of competition.
Hey, I moved here, met, and married a professional girl. So I guess I must be really smooth. Or lucky.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:42 PM

339 posts, read 836,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
Hey, I moved here, met, and married a professional girl. So I guess I must be really smooth. Or lucky.
Haha. I figured.

After living in DC for the past few years and carefully reading the messages of the posters on this forum, I've come to a conclusion that the only men who defend this place belong to one of these 4 groups:

1)Males who some how managed to find a girlfriend or settle down(Most young men in their early to mid 20s are looking to play the field..so you luckying up and finding a mate doesn't make this city a Shangri La for single men).
2)Tourists of DC that base everything off one oddball night out.
3) Guys with low standards since they don't know any better(haven't travelled abroad or visited the few dating oasis's left in the US for men).
4) In college(Colleges tend to have a favorable ratio of women to men)

Old 06-15-2011, 07:38 AM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,715,707 times
I saw this little sexy slim sister walking to work today. Baby was about 5'5, 135 lbs with azz for days. I would have gave babygirl my lunch money if I could.

I think Alfred Street BC out in Alexandria has the finest collection of young black women in the DMV.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:58 AM
(-)

690 posts, read 1,865,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcity81 View Post
As a single/29 yearold white guy in Arlington, my dating experience has been downright terrible here since I arrived in the summer of 09. It seems as if many of the women in their 20s have an exact sort of prince image built up in their mind after years of being bombarded by various images and ideals in the American media. Online dating sure as hell doesn't help because again, you build up this imagery only to be let down when you meet in real life.

Mainly, I have noticed that females are starting to pull away in the education gap in a big way. Most of the newer hires at my agency are educated females, with a few token guys thrown in the mix. These educated women, for the most part, want to date up rather than down, which makes their dating experience horrible.Most of the women I work with have grad degrees and want a man who has at least a grad degree or some form of education beyond a 4-year degree.

I have been on a number of dates so far and 90% of the time, it feels like a job interview. They want to know about what I have, rather than who I am inside. Theese women want to know where I went to school, my grades, the kind of car I drive, where I live, what gov. pay grade I am at...the girls in the Midwest certainly weren't anything like the chicks out here. You can't use someone's college as a factor when deciding if you want to date him, but that is exactly what I have noticed here.

From an racial point of view, AA women in DC are amazingly beautiful and much more down to earth than their white counterparts. Oddly, I get a lot of AA females coming onto me when I am out and about....that doesn't happen with white chicks. It's much easier for me, as a white guy, to strike up a conversation with an AA female than it is with a white chick.
My caucasian brother, for them (AA women) you are "something new". I've said it many many times, black women have been dating white men (willingly or not) far longer than black men have been dating white women. Most of my female friends are open to dating white men, 2 are married to white men. At the end of the day they just want guys who are gonna be able to support themselves financially, not act like idiots, and be good husbands. For many black women, these are things that black men don't offer (due to the media portrayal of black men).

Old 06-16-2011, 04:55 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahales View Post
I saw this little sexy slim sister walking to work today. Baby was about 5'5, 135 lbs with azz for days. I would have gave babygirl my lunch money if I could.

I think Alfred Street BC out in Alexandria has the finest collection of young black women in the DMV.
I knew I should have visited that church more often. May wanna do it when I visit in August.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:00 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,545,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (-) View Post
My caucasian brother, for them (AA women) you are "something new". I've said it many many times, black women have been dating white men (willingly or not) far longer than black men have been dating white women. Most of my female friends are open to dating white men, 2 are married to white men. At the end of the day they just want guys who are gonna be able to support themselves financially, not act like idiots, and be good husbands. For many black women, these are things that black men don't offer (due to the media portrayal of black men).
The boldfaced part of this quote is the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Some black women reject black men due to the portrayal of black men in the media?

Good grief.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:10 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,695,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (-) View Post
So...this white guy would like to meet some single black ladies. We should meet? Hahah!

Old 06-17-2011, 06:35 AM
(-)

690 posts, read 1,865,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The boldfaced part of this quote is the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Some black women reject black men due to the portrayal of black men in the media?

Good grief.
so the "media" doesn't stereotype the average black man as a cheater, or dl, or thugged out, or uneducated? and by "media" i mean news, radio, print, television, internet, posters, word of mouth, smoke signals, town hall meetings, telegraphs, wires...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC