Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 12:05 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,459,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Do you have anything to back up your statements that black women have poor grammar, colored weave, and tattoos?
I think he was talking about DC specifically for those things, not all black women. I know Atlanta is better (New Orleans certainly was), but a good portion of DC is an embarassing parade of negative stereotypes.

If they had filmed real housewives of DC in my neighborhood, it would be the #1 rated show in the history of television. Someone get me Bravo on the phone.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:09 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
But I also know some women who complain they have not been in a relationship for years and its because they cannot meet a man who meets their standards.
You would think some woman would have written an instructional manual by now educating women about what NOT to do when moving to the Big City. Most women find themselves alone on the other side of 30 this way:

Party, party, party from 21-23 ------> NBA All-Star Weekend, a random hookup with a bench player on S. Beach -------> Date non-committal dudes from 23-27 for the "challenge" ---------> Focus on career, buy Christian Louboutins --------> Gets serious about marriage at 28 and realizes that the guys she's been "kicking" it with (a) aren't willing to put a ring on it or (b) can't afford to put a ring on it --------> Hits 30 and then b*tches and moans about her lack of options on the DC dating scene

Then another class of 22-year old girls move to the Big City, take the current 30-year old's spot on the DC nightclub circuit, and then the cycle repeats itself all over again. These girls will be in their 30s in about 5 or 6 years, so we should expect to see another ABC special around that time.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:10 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Yup. It's called a simple visit to Baltimore, Detroit, St. Louis, Memphis, Atlanta, Philly, Harlem, Brooklyn, Los Angeles, Birmingham, Cleveland, Chicago or Houston. This is based on personal observation, of course. Then there's the movie "Good Hair," too, but I'm sure they just made all of that up.

Where did I say that the majority of black women had tattoos, poor grammar, or colored weave? Read carfeully.

I noticed you didn't bother to respond to the rest of my post. A response that could easily be based on scietific evidence (if it existed). That's why I asked if you made ANY assertion that was based on any type of evidence.

Your personal observations don't make something fact. If you are hanging out in the poor areas of these cities then you will in fact see a lot of trifling stuff from any gender and any race. I guess I don't hang out in those areas, sorry I can't relate.

And perhaps you need to take a visit down to deep south GA where you will see many white people with missing teeth, less than a high school education, and walking around with ratty shirts with a confederate flag. I say this as someone who grew up in South Ga. Change your environment buddy.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:10 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Its not directed at you that's why I said the few black men. I'm mainly referring to Bajan.
So why did you respond to me telling you're tired of the few black men....what does that have to do with me?????????????

Old 06-09-2011, 12:15 PM

13 posts, read 21,115 times
Successful or not, there is nothing sexier than an AA woman who wants out of life and behaves like a normal human being. However, BajanYankee has some solid valid points.

Here is an example, just the other day I see some idiot speeding up in my rear view mirror on I66. They then start beeping at the vehicle in front of them, because the person was essentially in 'their way'. Without seeing the driver yet, I thought to myself, ghetto female trash and probably from PGC - MD. Lo and behold, right again.

Such scenarios are extremely common, especially some bitter ghetto AA woman, who is angry at the world and assume she's all that. People have a choice in life, you can become a Gale and Oprah to name a few, or you can stay a bitter angry person who lives up to the international stereotype of inner-city AA. Who does everyone think has a better quality of life, is happier? Gale or the angry lady in the ghetto. I'd be running for sane white women too, if I was a black male.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:15 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
So why did you respond to me telling you're tired of the few black men....what does that have to do with me?????????????
You said I am bitter. Which I am not, I just don't like it when black guys bash black women. It's not cool and I think it makes the entire race look bad.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:19 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Your personal observations don't make something fact. If you are hanging out in the poor areas of these cities then you will in fact see a lot of trifling stuff from any gender and any race. I guess I don't hang out in those areas, sorry I can't relate.
Hate to break it to you, but nearly all of the black neighborhoods in Detroit, Baltimore, and Philly are the hood. Even in the so-called "Black Mecca" of Washington, DC, there are way more neighborhoods like Petworth than there are like Hillcrest. I live in Ledroit Park, which is supposedly the premier black neighborhood for young black professionals in DC, and most of the people there are hood. I don't see many Sanaa Lathan or Corinne Bailey Rae-types. I see mostly Keisha Coles and Fantasias.

I'm like Bill Cosby, man. I'm just callin' it the way I see it. Don't do a Michael Eric Dyson on me.

Quote:
I just don't like it when black guys bash black women. It's not cool and I think it makes the entire race look bad.
I hope that you are equally outraged when Essence and ABC do the same to black men. And black people make themselves look bad. People don't need to go on City-Data to see that when they can just go outside.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 06-09-2011 at 12:58 PM..

Old 06-09-2011, 01:30 PM

339 posts, read 836,999 times
Quote:
You said I am bitter. Which I am not, I just don't like it when black guys bash black women.
Here's a black man that's in your corner ladies. He's my Pastor.

YouTube - ‪No Black President Yet‬‏

LMAO!

Old 06-09-2011, 01:59 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,459,112 times
Quote:
And perhaps you need to take a visit down to deep south GA where you will see many white people with missing teeth, less than a high school education, and walking around with ratty shirts with a confederate flag. I say this as someone who grew up in South Ga. Change your environment buddy.
Perhaps you need to take a visit to DC for the exact same reasons. This isn't a sprawling city like Atlanta with a healthy black middle and upper class. I think your comments are completely discounting the demographic and socio-economic realities of DC.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:10 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
You said I am bitter. Which I am not, I just don't like it when black guys bash black women. It's not cool and I think it makes the entire race look bad.
The reason I said you were bitter is because this is how you responded to my first post

Quote:
And you should have been ready to throw your computer out over all the terrible stereotypes that poster posted about black women. But I guess that's okay since black guys do that to black women all the time anyway
Completely condescending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.