Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 01:38 PM

32,100 posts, read 34,714,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene80 View Post
I already explained above that black guys have a skewed perception of the dating scene in DC. They're outnumbered by their 'sisters' and can just sit back and enjoy the feast, which happens every day for them on the metro, on the streets, but also in mostly-AfAm clubs. That's the one exception to the rule. Outside of that particular scene, things are much tougher for non-black males.
Haha. That's a good one.

If you're an educated, non-ghetto black man, it is equally tough to find a "suitable" partner in DC. The next time you're out in DC, pay attention to the people walking around. Count up the number of black women you see. How many of them have weave? How many of them have tatoos? How many of them are slim? And then, how many would you actually consider to be cute? Black women talk a lot about the dearth of quality black men, but there's also a dearth of "quality" black women. It's not like DC has a bunch of Megan Goods walking around. The majority of the black women in DC look more like random chicks at Hechinger Mall than they do Tatyana Ali.

The thing about being a white guy in DC is that (1) there are a bunch of cute white girls; (2) all of them are educated and (3) most of them are very fit. You see white girls riding bikes, running, and walking around with yoga mats everywhere. If you see a black woman carrying a yoga mat, make sure to take a picture and frame it, because you may not see it again. Also, white guys don't have to filter through a sea of chicken heads to get to the chicks that use proper subject-verb agreement and don't consider Red Lobster to be a top-shelf dining experience. You just don't know how good you've got it.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:44 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Haha. That's a good one.

If you're an educated, non-ghetto black man, it is equally tough to find a "suitable" partner in DC. The next time you're out in DC, pay attention to the people walking around. Count up the number of black women you see. How many of them have weave? How many of them have tatoos? How many of them are slim? And then, how many would you actually consider to be cute? Black women talk a lot about the dearth of quality black men, but there's also a dearth of "quality" black women. It's not like DC has a bunch of Megan Goods walking around. The majority of the black women in DC look more like random chicks at Hechinger Mall than they do Tatyana Ali.

The thing about being a white guy in DC is that (1) there are a bunch of cute white girls; (2) all of them are educated and (3) most of them are very fit. You see white girls riding bikes, running, and walking around with yoga mats everywhere. If you see a black woman carrying a yoga mat, make sure to take a picture and frame it, because you may not see it again. Also, white guys don't have to filter through a sea of chicken heads to get to the chicks that use proper subject-verb agreement and don't consider Red Lobster to be a top-shelf dining experience. You just don't know how good you've got it.
No I believe it equals out or is still better for black guys. You actually have to factor in the fact that a lot of black men have issues and negatives against them. I believe a lot of black women are single because they refuse to drop their standards and date some random dude with multiple issues. Let's not forget that many black men have issues too, multiple baby momma's, criminal records and high incarceration rates, higher rates of unemployment, low rates of college education etc.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
No I believe it equals out or is still better for black guys. You actually have to factor in the fact that a lot of black men have issues and negatives against them. I believe a lot of black women are single because they refuse to drop their standards and date some random dude with multiple issues. Let's not forget that many black men have issues too, multiple baby momma's, criminal records and high incarceration rates, higher rates of unemployment, low rates of college education etc.
You do realize that there has to be a mother for every father. That means there are a ton of black "baby mommas" out there, too. And for every black man with a criminal record, there's a black woman hiding his stash and probably having his baby on top of that. And I don't think that some paper-pushing job in Human Resources at the Department of Health & Human Services makes a woman "eligible." That's really no different from the brother who repairs HVAC systems for a living, if really want to be honest about it.

I haven't even gotten to the obesity factor. If 80 percent of black women are obese/overweight, that means that I'm not going to be attracted to 80 percent of black women before even accounting for "ghettoness," facial ugliness, education, intelligence, values, mental stability, etc.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
You do realize that there has to be a mother for every father. That means there are a ton of black "baby mommas" out there, too. And for every black man with a criminal record, there's a black woman hiding his stash and probably having his baby on top of that. And I don't think that some paper-pushing job in Human Resources at the Department of Health & Human Services makes a woman "eligible." That's really no different from the brother who repairs HVAC systems for a living, if really want to be honest about it.

I haven't even gotten to the obesity factor. If 80 percent of black women are obese/overweight, that means that I'm not going to be attracted to 80 percent of black women before even accounting for "ghettoness," facial ugliness, education, intelligence, values, mental stability, etc.

My point is don't make it seem like black women are the ones with all the issues. Black men have plenty of issues to go around the table. Actually every race has issues. I also believe in the saying water meets its own level. If you are a top quality man you will attract a top quality woman. I myself am married to a top quality black man

You on the other hand sound incredibly bitter and racist against black women and its highly unlikely a black woman will want to deal with that unless she has self esteem issues. It's probably best a person like you does NOT date a black woman.

Also, beauty is subjective. I can probably find a large group of people that would call you ugly too.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
My point is don't make it seem like black women are the ones with all the issues. Black men have plenty of issues to go around the table.
I don't think anyone needs to be reminded of that fact. It's like reminding people that the Nazis were evil. According to Terry McMillan, Tyler Perry and ABC Nightline Specials, black men are probably worse than the Nazis.

Quote:
You on the other hand sound incredibly bitter and racist against black women and its highly unlikely a black woman will want to deal with that unless she has self esteem issues. It's probably best a person like you does NOT date a black woman.
That's where you've got it wrong. I wouldn't really consider myself a racist because there are problems I find with all types of people, not just black people. I would consider myself, however, to be a purveyor of ugly truths, one of which is that there is a far lower percentage of attractive black women than women of other races. I didn't make this statement to hate on black women per se, but rather to respond to another poster's claim that black men have it easier because they are outnumbered by black women. How can black men have it better than white men when 80 percent of black women are pushing Beluga whale status?

Old 06-08-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
I don't think anyone needs to be reminded of that fact. It's like reminding people that the Nazis were evil. According to Terry McMillan, Tyler Perry and ABC Nightline Specials, black men are probably worse than the Nazis.

That's where you've got it wrong. I wouldn't really consider myself a racist because there are problems I find with all types of people, not just black people. I would consider myself, however, to be a purveyor of ugly truths, one of which is that there is a far lower percentage of attractive black women than women of other races. I didn't make this statement to hate on black women per se, but rather to respond to another poster's claim that black men have it easier because they are outnumbered by black women. How can black men have it better than white men when 80 percent of black women are pushing Beluga whale status?
Are you even black? That is a very racist mindset. Why not just say I don't find black women attractive. My husband always says white women are ugly which I think is wrong to say. Are white women ugly? NO, the truth is, is that he is just not attracted to white women.

And 80% of black women are not overweight. Black women have more breast and butt fat than other woman. I bet you would not consider Beyonce or Kim Kardashian overweight but I hear white guys call them overweight all the time.

Also statistics say 60% of black men are overweight so does that mean 60% of black men are unattractive?

Old 06-08-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Are you even black?
Yep.

Quote:
And 80% of black women are not overweight.
Oh really?

Obesity and African Americans - The Office of Minority Health

Quote:
Why not just say I don't find black women attractive.
Because that would not be a true statement. I do find black women attractive, but not many. I'm not a big fan of tattoos, poor grammar, and colored weave. For those black women who understand that "conversate" is not a word, I do find a good portion of them to be attractive.

Quote:
Also statistics say 60% of black men are overweight so does that mean 60% of black men are unattractive?
Men carry more muscle than women. Clinton Portis, who is 5'11 and 220 pounds, would not be considered overweight by any stretch of the imagination. A 5'11 woman, on the other hand, would be considered overweight if she weighed the same amount. And if she wasn't overweight, she'd probably resemble a member of the East German swin team. Either way, no bueno.

At any rate, being overweight won't make a man unattractive per se the way the way it will a woman. This is because of the outsized importance that men place on looks. Kinda the same way being unemployed won't make a woman per se unattractive the way it will a man. And that's because of the greater focus women place on income and status.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 06-08-2011 at 05:32 PM..

Old 06-08-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Yep.

Because that would not be a true statement. I do find black women attractive, but not many. I'm not a big fan of tattoos, poor grammar, and colored weave. For those black women who understand that "conversate" is not a word, I do find a good portion of them to be attractive.

You are ignorant spreading stereotypes. The majority of black women do not have tattoos, poor grammar, or colored weave. You have no way of proving this to be fact and it is therefore a stereotype. I could name some equally bad stereotypes about black men and other races as well. You still sound like a member of the Klan honestly. Perhaps you should leave the ghetto clubs, strip clubs, and back alleys alone if that is where you are looking for a quality black woman.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:50 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,917,571 times
Quote:
Haha. That's a good one.

And to add to that, most non-ghetto educated black men don't have options for IR dating in Washington DC. I've seen 10x more black women/white men couples in the District than I have black men/non-black women. And the "educated" HBCU black crowd tends to be cliquey. So if you're an educated black dude but didn't care too much for the black culture or if you were new in town, then the options for dating in the city limits are very limited.

Quote:
My point is don't make it seem like black women are the ones with all the issues. Black men have plenty of issues to go around the table. Actually every race has issues. I also believe in the saying water meets its own level. If you are a top quality man you will attract a top quality woman. I myself am married to a top quality black man

Also, beauty is subjective. I can probably find a large group of people that would call you ugly too.
But here's where most black women lose credibility: The black men who have "issues" are the ones who are getting any action by most black women, and it's not the hoodrats who go after the "brothas with issues." This is especially the case for those in DC.

Funny thing is that many black women bemoan black men who don't have an education and a steady stream of income. But when a black guy get those things, they're either "not fly/g/swag/black enough," or they're put down instantly by being told "you ain't nuthing special boy!"

Quote:
You are ignorant spreading stereotypes. The majority of black women do not have tattoos, poor grammar, or colored weave. You have no way of proving this to be fact and it is therefore a stereotype. I could name some equally bad stereotypes about black men and other races as well. You still sound like a member of the Klan honestly. Perhaps you should leave the ghetto clubs, strip clubs, and back alleys alone if that is where you are looking for a quality black woman.
And those black women who are truly good looking, feminine, humble, well spoken, of a good company, and have common sense tend to date outside of their race anyway, so what's the use?

Old 06-08-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Yep.

Oh really?

Obesity and African Americans - The Office of Minority Healt

Men carry more muscle than women. Clinton Portis, who is 5'11 and 220 pounds, would not be considered overweight by any stretch of the imagination. A 5'11 woman, on the other hand, would be considered overweight if she weighed the same amount. And if she wasn't overweight, she'd probably resemble a member of the East German swin team. Either way, no bueno.

At any rate, being overweight won't make a man unattractive per se the way the way it will a woman. This is because of the outsized importance that men place on looks. Kinda the same way being unemployed won't make a woman per se unattractive the way it will a man. And that's because of the greater focus women place on income and status.
As I said BMI rates are based on European standards. Blacks have heavier bone mass and black women have larger breasts and butts than whites therefore by their standards many black women are overweight. I really don't see your point in insulting black women other than that you must be bitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC