Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 07:18 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,779,453 times

Advertisements

I believe even if it's called marriage it won't have anything to do with the church marriage. Church policy is no, what happens in their house is not to be interfered with by govt. Fences keep things in, and other things out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 07:22 PM

1,009 posts, read 874,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I believe even if it's called marriage it won't have anything to do with the church marriage. Church policy is no, what happens in their house is not to be interfered with by govt. Fences keep things in, and other things out.

I don't care if modern churches want to marry men and cows, most modern churches are teaching heresy and apostasy. The great falling away. I expect it won't be long before churches are pronouncing marriage for men and men, women and women, boys and men, men and cats, women and dolphins, all manner of nonsense.

Churches were never meant to be institutions with an entrenched hierarchy. A church is any place where two or more faithful are gathered in His name, that is gospel. The purpose of church is to learn scripture, enhance your understanding of scripture, as well as engage in prayer, not to sing songs, engage in group therapy, and pat each other on the back.

Very few people actually pray to thank God for what they have or to ask that He make His will manifest so they know what to do, they just pray for the fulfillment of their wants/desires.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:57 PM

404 posts, read 1,187,912 times
Quote:
I'm just wondering, if gays getting married is the thing stopping your messiah from returning, why would you discourage them from getting married? The rapture index raised to proper heights could really hasten the second coming. Meeting Jesus sooner than you ordinarly would have... nothing but incentive.

Now that's one I haven't heard before! Sounds like a great idea!

Old 03-16-2009, 08:04 PM

1,009 posts, read 874,848 times
Quote:
I'm just wondering, if gays getting married is the thing stopping your messiah from returning, why would you discourage them from getting married? The rapture index raised to proper heights could really hasten the second coming. Meeting Jesus sooner than you ordinarly would have... nothing but incentive.

I don't believe in the rapture, it's a coward's doctrine that is not found anywhere in scripture or gospel. Scripture and gospel talk about a tribulation that all will go through. He who endureth until the end shall be saved. It doesn't say "he who looks to get beamed out halfway through shall be saved."

Also you show your arrogance, there is nothing that any man or group of men can do to speed up the timeframe of when the Second Coming shall occur. It shall happen when it happens, all we can do is watch the signs of the time.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:55 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,989,325 times
Really.... I think a church in Ohio would be better suited for your preaching.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:09 PM

22 posts, read 63,143 times
Default Homersboy, you're right

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomersBoy View Post
It's just another way to to make them feel better about themselves when they know in their hearts it's not right. God help us all.
I think you are right. If the homo's don't think much of themselves then not many else would. I don't think gays as they wish to be called, would be on Gods list to enter the gates of heaven. Their wish to contaminate the world, like Obama, is scary. Like one said. there was not an Eve and Eve or Adam and Adam. Let'um suck if they wish.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
I think you are right. If the homo's don't think much of themselves then not many else would. I don't think gays as they wish to be called, would be on Gods list to enter the gates of heaven. Their wish to contaminate the world, like Obama, is scary. Like one said. there was not an Eve and Eve or Adam and Adam. Let'um suck if they wish.
Speaking of contamination... you didn't move to WV did you?

Old 03-31-2009, 01:41 PM

404 posts, read 1,187,912 times
Yesterday, the WV House of Delegates voted overwhelmingly against the anti-gay marriage amendment.

The Senate has already passed SB 238, legislation that would end employment discrimination based on sexual orientation in the Mountain State. Now, it’s up to the House.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:48 PM

967 posts, read 2,995,087 times
... I may have to challenge Herd to a wrestling match this weekend- just to settle this issue.

Remeber: Youth and skill are no match for old age and treachery!

Old 04-01-2009, 04:34 AM

It kind of is in wrestling ha ha I say we make it similar to a toughman competition ha ha with ring girls, and.... ring guys, oh and beer! ha ha

I have sent so many emails to house members for SB 238.

FAQ on Senate Bill 238 | Fairness West Virginia

If you support this bill why not email your house members and urge them to support the bill as well
Take Action: End Discrimination in West Virginia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia