Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2013, 01:33 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,877,481 times

Advertisements

The Scootish.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:36 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,877,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Dont be ridiculous - only a tiny percentage of British people have that colouring!!
Not really.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:44 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,432,149 times
Quote:
Dont be ridiculous - only a tiny percentage of British people have that colouring!!
What did you base that on? Any studies or research to prove it? Or is it just from a personal feeling? It is a well known fact even in the USA that people who are predominantly of Irish and Scottish descent particularly are more likely to have a skin which is very sun-sensitive than others. Obviously very fair skin is in the minority, but the British have it more, that's all, no big deal. [/quote]

Skin phenotype studies done Veronique Battaille and Collins in some European Union nations in May 2005.

I- extremely fair, which always burns, never tans
II- fair, which always burns, tans lightly
III- "darker" white skin, tans easily
IV- "olive" or light brown skin, never burns, tans very easily

Belgium- I(13.2%), II(20.7%), III(37.7%), IV(28.3%)

France- I(11.6%), II(25.7%), III(30.9%), IV(31.8%)

Sweden- I(2.1%), II(26.5%), III(62.7%), IV(8.5%)

Netherlands- I(6.5%), II(19.5%), III(52%), IV(21.8%)

United Kingdom- I(14.9%), II(39.7%), III(37.2%), IV(8%)

Over-all the British and Northern Irish have a higher frequency of I+II skin types than their neighbors in this study.

Another study done on the Irish population, done earlier published by the Irish Journal of Medical Science of February-March 1997.

I(26%), II(50%), III(19.6), IV(4%), thus Irish are the palest.

Finland- I(8%), II(25%), III(57%),IV(10%), though Finns are without doubt the blondest people, they are not the palest.

You seem to be offended by facts. This states concerns European/White populations of those nations not immigrants of course.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:51 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
What did you base that on? Any studies or research to prove it? Or is it just from a personal feeling? It is a well known fact even in the USA that people who are predominantly of Irish and Scottish descent particularly are more likely to have a skin which is very sun-sensitive than others. Obviously very fair skin is in the minority, but the British have it more, that's all, no big deal.
Skin phenotype studies done Veronique Battaille and Collins in some European Union nations in May 2005.

Over-all the British and Northern Irish have a higher frequency of I+II skin types than their neighbors in this study.

Another study done on the Irish population, done earlier published by the Irish Journal of Medical Science of February-March 1997.

Finland- I(8%), II(25%), III(57%),IV(10%), though Finns are without doubt the blondest people, they are not the palest.

You seem to be offended by facts. This states concerns European/White populations of those nations not immigrants of course.[/quote]

I base the fact on living here!! I can tell you now that only a very small percentage of British people are like the girl in your picture!! I can see the population with my own eyes! Also MOST black people in Britain today are NOT immigrants, why do you keep insisting that if you are black then you don't count as British!!

Old 09-15-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:

You seem to be offended by facts. This states concerns European/White populations of those nations not immigrants of course.
I base the fact on living here!! I can tell you now that only a very small percentage of British people are like the girl in your picture!! I can see the population with my own eyes! Also MOST black people in Britain today are NOT immigrants, why do you keep insisting that if you are black then you don't count as British!![/quote]

Yes I know about your opinion where you didn't even know whether Britain was in Northern Europe or not. It is not what you can tell me! The picture of the girl I posted was just to illustrate a very pale skin British person as an example, the majority of Brits aren't of course not that light. Nevertheless there are more people like that in the British Isles or among other Anglo-Celtic people than any other people. That's all, I know you're a little "gingerphobic" but facts are facts. I'm just answering the thread question, since it's a known fact the palest skin tones are usually linked to red-headed people firstly, secondly those who are carriers of one of the red hair gene variant may also exhibit characteristics of red-heads such as a very pale skin, freckling, high sun-sensitivity even when they're brunette or blonde. Whether you can see the population with your own eyes doesn't mean anything, you might be still ignorant of skin types. That's why I posted results from various studies on skin phenotypes. This doesn't mean every single British/Irish individual is type I either! The study was done on European populations, it concerning a skin cancer study. We all know what happens to a Northern Euopean population when they expose themselves too much under intense UV light. Australia has the highest frequency of people suffering from skin cancer in the world, the majority of White Australians are of Anglo-Celtic ancestry. Northern Europeans are as a whole the lightest-skinned people, the Irish and British are the palest due to the fact that they have an even higher ratio of skin type I than Scandinavians. This is proven in various studies done. Scandinavian populations have much less ginger genes than those from the northwestern European archipelago. According to the BritainDna Project , 20.4 million of people in Britain and Ireland are carriers of the red hair gene! You might be a carrier even if you have dark hair!

Old 09-16-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:

I base the fact on living here!! I can tell you now that only a very small percentage of British people are like the girl in your picture!! I can see the population with my own eyes! Also MOST black people in Britain today are NOT immigrants, why do you keep insisting that if you are black then you don't count as British!![/quote]

Stop playing the "sympathy card", the thread is about the palest people. You are always confused, Black, brown and other people are not indigenous to Europe/Britain. Black people are indigenous to the continent of Africa, southern India, Australia, warmer regions, this is why their skin is darker, healthier than very pale skin, ages slower than that of Whites. It all got to do with adaptation to climate. You're playing the "sympathy card now" while you know very well that they are still victims of racism, prejudices. Did you know countries in the West Indies like Jamaica at one time where plantations where Black people were enslaved by White British people to work there in the most inhumane conditions? Also that the British colonists practiced racial segregation based on skin color and nothing else at a much more intense style than any other European colonial powers. So face the facts and stop hiding behind ridiculous claims.
[/quote]

Old 09-16-2013, 02:09 AM

Quote:
I base the fact on living here!! I can tell you now that only a very small percentage of British people are like the girl in your picture!! I can see the population with my own eyes! Also MOST black people in Britain today are NOT immigrants, why do you keep insisting that if you are black then you don't count as British!!

Yes I know about your opinion where you didn't even know whether Britain was in Northern Europe or not. It is not what you can tell me! The picture of the girl I posted was just to illustrate a very pale skin British person as an example, the majority of Brits aren't of course not that light. Nevertheless there are more people like that in the British Isles or among other Anglo-Celtic people than any other people. That's all, I know you're a little "gingerphobic" but facts are facts. I'm just answering the thread question, since it's a known fact the palest skin tones are usually linked to red-headed people firstly, secondly those who are carriers of one of the red hair gene variant may also exhibit characteristics of red-heads such as a very pale skin, freckling, high sun-sensitivity even when they're brunette or blonde. Whether you can see the population with your own eyes doesn't mean anything, you might be still ignorant of skin types. That's why I posted results from various studies on skin phenotypes. This doesn't mean every single British/Irish individual is type I either! The study was done on European populations, it concerning a skin cancer study. We all know what happens to a Northern Euopean population when they expose themselves too much under intense UV light. Australia has the highest frequency of people suffering from skin cancer in the world, the majority of White Australians are of Anglo-Celtic ancestry. Northern Europeans are as a whole the lightest-skinned people, the Irish and British are the palest due to the fact that they have an even higher ratio of skin type I than Scandinavians. This is proven in various studies done. Scandinavian populations have much less ginger genes than those from the northwestern European archipelago. According to the BritainDna Project , 20.4 million of people in Britain and Ireland are carriers of the red hair gene! You might be a carrier even if you have dark hair!

[/quote]

WTF!! Didnt know Britain is in Northern Europe where exactly did you get that idea!! PROOF OF THIS RIDICULOUS CLAIM PLEASE! The point I am making is that you are CONTINUOSLY going on and on and on about the British being a pale and ginger 'race', they are NOT. Most British people are identical to most 'other' Europeans. I mention black British because there are MORE black British than ginger British yet nobody is trying to claim British people are 'black' - theyre not, just like they are NOT ginger! You are obsessed with the British yet you live the other side of the world, I live in Britain I know first hand what the British look like and the fact of the matter is you can take 100 French peple from Lyon, 100 Americans from Boston and 100 British from Birmingham and mix them up and discover that the populace of all 3 places look the same!

Old 09-16-2013, 05:21 AM

520 posts, read 1,515,013 times
Quote:

I mention black British because there are MORE black British than ginger British yet nobody is trying to claim British people are 'black' - theyre not, just like they are NOT ginger!!
I doubt that.

Quote:
In England, 6 per cent of people have red hair; in Scotland, the rate is estimated at 13 per cent.
Quote:
The black population formed around 3.3% of the UK's population in 2011. It has increased from 1.1 million in 2001 to over 1.8 million in 2011.
Black British - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Redhead: Four in ten Britons carry ginger genes without having red hair - and it could have major health implications | Mail Online

Old 09-16-2013, 05:31 AM

You have not included the millions of Asian British - anyway this is all besides the point, Saxonwold has spent months trying to convince people that Britain is a country of red heads and blondes - it is not, and it makes no difference whatsoever the genes British people carry - red heads are a small percentage of the population, there are more blondes but even they are a small percentage, there are more brunettes than there are blonde / red heads and therefore the 'image' of a British person that Saxonwold is trying to portray is incorrect. I can't believe that there are still people in the world with this way of thinking - do you have any idea as to the percentage of British people that have 'foreign' genes from their relatives of times gone by? Practically all of them! A British person is influenced by genes from all over the Europe - many young Brits now by genes from all over the world, to imagine that a Brit is somehow 'different' to other Europeans is just wrong.

Old 09-16-2013, 05:41 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,091,738 times
Quote:
The palest-skinned people in the world are those from Northern Europe, especially British Isles and Scandinavian people. Due to higher ratios of ginger genes in the former and blonde genes in the latter.

British

Scandinavian
The British girl is really pale.. Comparing the two of them, the British is like milk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World