Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:35 PM

97 posts, read 355,603 times

Advertisements

With the TV cameras rolling, hard not to embellish a bit. Big Bravo fan but this show is painful to watch. Anybody figure out who "Big Poppy" is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 11:42 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,242,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR1997 View Post
What successful business has Lisa spearheaded? To me, it seems she uses Ed to bankroll her fantasy, none of which are remotely successful...clothing line, baby line, real estate. It was hilarious when she was on TV stating that she can pull the weight financially now that Ed will no longer be playing...really Lisa? How so????? Lisa's business acumen leaves much to be desired.

Lisa is always badmouthing her ex and she snagged a young baller (Ed) after a long marriage to Keith Sweat..and she doesn't even have custody of the kids.
Yeah I'm rolling with you on this. Lisa is a business woman I won't argue that but she's not actually making a living off those businesses. They're projects that give her something to do with her time, seems like to me maybe I'm wrong.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:53 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,051 times
I read somewhere that Shere is being replaced by another woman who is a powerful attorney in Atlanta who is married to an African Prince. They showed her picture and she very petite and pretty. I liked Lisa and Candy. I didn't care for the whole ghetto fab Nene...and her 15 min of fame was shameful--I saw her on ET begging for Justin Timberlake to call her....so sad...... Get it together....Oh and Kim saying she used to be a nurse--okay....now she is no longer with Big Poppa she is dating a woman and she is a switch hitter...get it girl

Old 02-26-2010, 09:58 AM

1,262 posts, read 2,974,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I read somewhere that Shere is being replaced by another woman who is a powerful attorney in Atlanta who is married to an African Prince. They showed her picture and she very petite and pretty. I liked Lisa and Candy. I didn't care for the whole ghetto fab Nene...and her 15 min of fame was shameful--I saw her on ET begging for Justin Timberlake to call her....so sad...... Get it together....Oh and Kim saying she used to be a nurse--okay....now she is no longer with Big Poppa she is dating a woman and she is a switch hitter...get it girl
From what I heard that lady will most likely not take the job. She's a pretty powerful attorney, and she doesn't want to risk her reputation being on that kind of show. While I LOVE RHOA, I don't blame her. The show isn't exactly a 'professional environment.'

Old 02-26-2010, 04:14 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,031 times
most women I meet remind me of the women from the show....not really A bad thing though.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:44 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,249,581 times
Lisa Wu Hartwell = Jack of all trades, master of none.

How about I saw Dwight Eubanks not once, but twice in two different cities in two weeks? I went home over the Christmas Holidays and my high school had a party, and I saw that someone bought Dwight as their guest. I saw him a few weeks later at the Whole Foods in Midtown. I'm not stalking, I swear!

Also, I saw Sheree at the Whole Foods in Sandy Springs last year. I realized it was her, and she could tell I recognized her, but she gave me this ugly look as if I was about to ask for something from her. She isn't THAT famous.

Also, the new season should have MARTA Girl, Blondie from Clermont Lounge and Alexyss lady from those YouTube videos as new cast members too. *drops mic*

Old 02-26-2010, 08:44 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,051 times
Dang--Why are you guys harsh on Lisa?? She is the cutest one on the show and one of the sweetest...I like her!! I think she is doing better than Ms. Thang--Sheree...ugh!!! Can't stand NeNe!!!

Old 02-27-2010, 02:52 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,031 times
The women on the show are Fabolous

Old 06-13-2010, 07:40 PM

8 posts, read 50,041 times
Haha - businesses in the city are sick of the "Housewives." Rejected!
Updated! NeNe the Housewife getting divorced? | The Buzz

Incidentally, Buzz has been hearing from various sources that businesses around Atlanta have been declining Bravo’s requests regarding the show. A local pastry shop was approached to do a speciality birthday cake, which was to be delivered more than an hour away from the shop, on a Saturday, and the shop was offered $50 for the trouble. Uh, no thanks.

Also, insiders at an upscale local hotel and a prominent local restaurant chain both told us that Bravo called them, wanting to show up with the “Housewives” cast members and camera crews.
In both cases the request was met with the same response: “Never.”

Old 06-14-2010, 06:34 AM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamM View Post
When we think of what a great American city ought to be we usually think of a certain grittiness as being essential. I'd argue that grittiness largely comes from a well-established working class environment which Atl just historically hasn't had.
Oh, I don't think that's the case at all. Until recently Atlanta had 3 major automobile plants and a steel mill. We've still got a major aircraft manufacturing facility. We've got some of the biggest rail yards around and a colossal airport. There's a huge stone quarry a few miles from Five Points. There are vast manufacturing, trucking and distribution facilities all over creation and many would argue they are our bread and butter.

That's all driven by the working class. And there are plenty of working class neighborhoods all over the place. You don't have to look very hard at all to find grit in this town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta