Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 03:21 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,347,991 times

Advertisements

not just this show, but all of the ones ranked generally as reality shows, are getting tiresome, and they have long been trailer trash mentality. it is far beyond amusing, now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 10:40 AM

23 posts, read 93,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
lisa wu hartwell = jack of all trades, master of none.

How about i saw dwight eubanks not once, but twice in two different cities in two weeks? I went home over the christmas holidays and my high school had a party, and i saw that someone bought dwight as their guest. I saw him a few weeks later at the whole foods in midtown. I'm not stalking, i swear!

Also, i saw sheree at the whole foods in sandy springs last year. I realized it was her, and she could tell i recognized her, but she gave me this ugly look as if i was about to ask for something from her. She isn't that famous.

also, the new season should have marta girl, blondie from clermont lounge and alexyss lady from those youtube videos as new cast members too. *drops mic*
lmao!!!

Old 04-03-2013, 06:49 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy404 View Post
Does anyone feel like the bravo hit reality show "Real Housewives of Atlanta" stereotyped our city? My girlfriend was in love with this show and forced me to watch it, at first I thought it was okay but stupid but then i started to think about all the negative stereotypes the show was projecting.

4 out of the 5 women on the show were black, which is 80%. I think its great that black woman are getting a larger role in televison but considering the city of Atlanta is 55% black and the northern suburbs where the woman lived are much less black than that do you think that the producers were trying to mislead viewers by making atlanta seem much blacker?

Also I didn't care for the gold digging , "bling bling" aspect of the show. Atlanta is a largely working class city but the show made it seem like we all ride esclades with spinners and buy diamonds like they are candy. The women kept on saying in Atlanta money and class is everything. That might be true to a certian extent in the richer 'burbs but that does not hold true for a large part of the metro area.

Any responses?
It depends on who you ask..

Old 04-03-2013, 08:40 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
This housewives reunion is going to be hilarious

Old 04-03-2013, 08:46 AM

Bravo wanted the cast to be all black .. All the other franchises there white .. Kim originally wasn't supposed to be on there but Ne Ne asked Andy could they cast her. So there not playing into stereotypes. Someone would be either slow or stupid to think reality TV represents all of Atlanta.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:48 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,022,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Bravo wanted the cast to be all black .. All the other franchises there white .. Kim originally wasn't supposed to be on there but Ne Ne asked Andy could they cast her. So there not playing into stereotypes. Someone would be either slow or stupid to think reality TV represents all of Atlanta.
You would be surprised lol

Old 04-03-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
You would be surprised lol
Trust I know ... I can tell by the old comments here are some retards on here. I'm at Bar one every Sunday sitting with Cynthia watching the show trust these people are nothing like what u see on TV.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:29 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
I wonder why they still do segregated all-black/all-white shows? You'd think America had moved a little beyond that.

If they're actually interested in "reality TV" it seems like it they'd try to reflect the cities they are in. It's really sort of sad to see big media continuing to pander to old stereotypes.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:32 PM

616 posts, read 1,113,374 times
On a related note, Housewives is actually better than "'Big Rich Atlanta" which is an even worse show (as if that was possible). It is filmed at Brookfield Country Club in Roswell and guess what - it is making the club look bad. Shocker. Not sure why they even admitted that it was filmed there.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:34 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,017,276 times
Really? I can't possibly think the show is so bad that you need to hide peoples stuff and regurgitate.

Some of you people just go through like gripping about anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Bravo has caught a lot of hell from even local businesses that were shown on the "Atlanta" version - they didn't want their names associated with it once it got on broadcast and they saw how trashy this version was. My coworker who is HOOKED on all the damn housewives shows found some blog where one of the NYC housewives was really trashing the Atlanta ones or something. So heck, even the women from the other housewives versions of the show thought it was junk. LOL

But yeah, they record it and bring it in to work and watch it on the lobby TV. I sometimes hide their disks. It makes me want to regurgitate.

Hey, at least those ladies in the OC and NYC ones mostly have JOBS. A lot of realtors, insurance saleswomen, etc. Heck, one of the Atlanta women had a job. The rest were just married to athletes, divorcing/suing them, or having affairs with a married guy who was keeping them? I mean geez - it was like an episode of Good Times meets Diaries from the Trailer Park.

And yes, there will be a season TWO according to the ladies at work. Yippie. I'm off to buy a shredder that can shred DVD disks to have an "accident" with theirs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta