Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 02:32 PM

8 posts, read 19,948 times

Advertisements

Any thoughts on Rockledge? Thanks! )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 01:13 PM

249 posts, read 882,812 times
Default Pass you by...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
You guys are limited to a visitors experience and this is a problem with you Old people, you discount the opinion of the youth. I grew up here and have been a resident of the area for over ten years. Not to mention very active in the community and have associated with all different types of people. If you are limited to a visitors experience and have not lived here under the age of 25, its pretty easy to make this place out to be a fairy tale.

All of brevard is very second-hand, the service and professionalism you get from most of the businesses, restaurants, and public places will likely not be up to par with the better, more developed areas. Its a poor lifestyle here, its not lively, and a lot of people are plain old depressed because they are stuck here.

Its so easy for me to say this because its a very common opinion among those in my age group. I can go on with the negatives and they do far outweigh the positives. I've met many people who have said they were ashamed of being from here. Its very dumbed down and not a place to feel prideful being from. If you are old, ultra conservative, or broke this might be the place for you to live as you let the rest of the world pass you by.

I can write a full out review but its not even worth it. I was angry when I originally posted thats because the service you get around here stinks!
You can live in the middle of Manhattan and let the world pass you by. Where you choose to live, or not in your case has no bearing on how the world affects you. It depends on each individual and their needs.You can always travel if you are that type. Some prefer to stay put but the options are there if a person is this type. It is totally understandable to read your point of view and see myself at 25 in small town in NC and not even knowing the world existed or could be different. Life takes all of us on so many journeys and some never journey far at all. I"d like to think that each us can find that happiness and the place to call home. You will only be restricted by the type of person you are or in your case become. When you have lived for 27 years in New York City as I have somewhere in Florida on a beautiful coastline is a sleepy little town so boring and uneventful that even time doesn't give it time...well that might just sound like heaven to me.
I wish you well on your journey and you should never stay in a place where you are not happy. Maybe 25 is the magic number, that's when I moved to New York City. I think it is important to have this conversation with you. I just wish I could show you how no matter where you are or what you become we have all said and felt the exact way you do today. I hate being able to see that. When I was 25 I wanted to get as far away as I could and I did. Now, simple would be just fine.
Good Luck My friend!

Old 07-11-2012, 04:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,528 times
Default palm bay info

Hi Read your post and apreciate the info. I am a senior citz,but am still looking to do things. I am by myself and i like to be as active as i can. Do you think I could be happy in Palm Bay? I know that isn,t easy to answer but i would appreciate hearing from you. I live in Pa now.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,506 times
We live in San Antonio Tx. and we are looking for a simple second home in Melbourne. We have seen an add for 824 Juanita Circle by Lipscomb Park and would like to know about the overall quality of the area. Is it family oriented, lower middle class, hard working people? Any information will be appreciated.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:50 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,171,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocha3 View Post
We live in San Antonio Tx. and we are looking for a simple second home in Melbourne. We have seen an add for 824 Juanita Circle by Lipscomb Park and would like to know about the overall quality of the area. Is it family oriented, lower middle class, hard working people? Any information will be appreciated.
No, not really a good area to live. It is in South Melbourne, University St. area. It is predominantly a black area of town which has some inexspensive pretty well kept houses South of University Ave. People living there are hard working families , but the area seems to have gotten rough again along University. There are apartments on University that have had several drive by shootings this year. Stone Junior high is sort of across the street and actually is a pretty good school with excellent teachers. Low student teacher ratio compared to the other Jr. highs in Melbourne and Palm Bay. The area is usually well patrolled and kids are safe at school but after dark the area gets iffier. North of University in the Monroe Street area it is more of a ghetto like up North with older houses not as well kept as South of University.

For the buck, I would look a little farther South in Palm Bay. Houses are selling pretty good now. You can still get houses that sold for $240,000 in 2006 for less than $100,000 still in some areas. Definitely safe for families in Palm Bay.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:58 PM

12 posts, read 20,062 times
I am a single woman, mid 40s, with small dogs as my companions. I am moving to Merritt Isalnd in Oct, in a sub just off the 528,(assuming the short sale goes through). I have read this entire post (quite interesting) on every area except M.I. Does anyone have any insight into the overall feel of M.I. and/or Cape Canaveral? ...the good and not so good. Would love any info and thank you. Also, I am an experienced critical care nurse and haven't taken a job yet...any recommendations on the hospitals?
Thanks again,

Old 07-15-2012, 12:58 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,448,079 times
Quote:
Thanks for that and I appreciate your intellect why can't others understand the way you do? It takes a lot of energy to be passive about and some people are just stubborn. Its not something new to me and I am obviously doing fairly well for myself even with the cards I've been dealt. But no matter what to some people they will always try to put you down just because they dont agree or are different. I'm not the one who has a problem, its all the result of a diseased society that dwells on differences rather than embracing it. I've been through these discussions many times and there are always ppl so narrow minded and cold. South fl will be better, people aren't shallow enough to go out of their way to deliberately offend someone, at least its a lot more comfortable for me there than a community that is non inclusive and judgmental of someone like myself for no reason. I speak for a lot of people out there except others are so preoccupied with their lives and I enjoy analyzing things of this nature. Melbourne is ridiculous to me, enjoy your paradise people and keep up with your narrow minded community.
I've been in South Florida for 16 years and it's changed drastically for the worse.
It's been voted the #1 place for rude people a few years in a row now.
You'll be perfect here.
But then again, no matter where you go, there you are.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:24 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
I've been in South Florida for 16 years and it's changed drastically for the worse.
You'll be perfect here.
But then again, no matter where you go, there you are.
Yup. South FL is terrible. Miami, of course, is the epicenter of it all

Miami drivers have worst road rage - Health - Mental health - msnbc.com

Old 07-15-2012, 02:36 PM

264 posts, read 774,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
You'll be perfect here.
i guess i'm lucky to have been hard working and diligent enough in my life to be tucked away and sheltered from the "rudeness" of south florida with a front yard like this.

I could count the number of "rude" I've come across living here on one hand. As I've admitted before, Melbourne may be nice to visit and come back to once in a while, but any longer than a day and it still disgusts me. It's gotten better but I couldn't be happier to have left. My thoughts about the people who continue to defend Melbourne and its lifestyle after I've tried meeting in the middle, is that they are purely delusional.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:49 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
i guess i'm lucky to have been hard working and diligent enough in my life to be tucked away and sheltered from the "rudeness" of south florida with a front yard like this.

I could count the number of "rude" I've come across living here on one hand. As I've admitted before, Melbourne may be nice to visit and come back to once in a while, but any longer than a day and it still disgusts me. It's gotten better but I couldn't be happier to have left. My thoughts about the people who continue to defend Melbourne and its lifestyle after I've tried meeting in the middle, is that they are purely delusional.
You're the exception to the rule. Melbourne is no worse than other areas in Orlando. Miami, OTOH, is universally known to have horrible traffic and rude, superficial people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County