Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 08:55 PM

335 posts, read 410,097 times

Advertisements

Christians especially young many times get a distorted or convoluted teaching
that although correct in suggesting Mary is not a mediator, not divine and not
to be worshiped are turned into mindless disrespectful albeit evil haters of the
wonderful earthly mom of Jesus! Many disconnected ignorant christians haven't
a clue as to Mary's lineage (David) ,never examined her plite, her astounding
role in the life of our savior. To honor her isn't the same as worship, which the
original threader failed to be specific. I honor my wife but I only worhip Jesus.
We who believe Catholicism has manufactured Mary's level even adding inter-
cessory prayer have blasphemed and perverted the sum of her role, but STOP
slamming Jesus' beloved mother or someday try to explain THAT one to Him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 09:21 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inattentive View Post
Christians especially young many times get a distorted or convoluted teaching
that although correct in suggesting Mary is not a mediator, not divine and not
to be worshiped are turned into mindless disrespectful albeit evil haters of the
wonderful earthly mom of Jesus! Many disconnected ignorant christians haven't
a clue as to Mary's lineage (David) ,never examined her plite, her astounding
role in the life of our savior. To honor her isn't the same as worship, which the
original threader failed to be specific. I honor my wife but I only worhip Jesus.
We who believe Catholicism has manufactured Mary's level even adding inter-
cessory prayer have blasphemed and perverted the sum of her role, but STOP
slamming Jesus' beloved mother or someday try to explain THAT one to Him!
Intercessory prayer is only asking her or saints to pray to God for us. Same as asking people here on earth to pray for us and people do that all the time. If you don't believe in intercessory prayer than don't ask ANYONE to pray for you. Maybe you don't believe in the saints in heaven though, who can hear us and have any interest in us.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:02 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,761,135 times
I think this whole disrespecting of the Virgin Mary by some religions and the adamant refusal to give her the honor she deserves (she is the Mother of God, right?), is totally due to the fact that Mary is a female, and many of these religions do not like women.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:06 PM

233 posts, read 374,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
I think this whole disrespecting of the Virgin Mary by some religions and the adamant refusal to give her the honor she deserves (she is the Mother of God, right?), is totally due to the fact that Mary is a female, and many of these religions do not like women.
I don't really think it has to do with feminism as much, rather many were raised to think that she is treated as a Goddess. (untrue of course..)

Old 09-15-2014, 11:22 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inattentive View Post
...but STOP slamming Jesus' beloved mother or someday try to explain THAT one to Him!
Jesus already did...
While He was still speaking to the crowds, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. Someone said to Him, “Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You.†But Jesus answered the one who was telling Him and said, “Who is My mother and who are My brothers?†And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, “Behold My mother and My brothers! “For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother.†(Matt. 12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Intercessory prayer is only asking her or saints to pray to God for us. Same as asking people here on earth to pray for us and people do that all the time. If you don't believe in intercessory prayer than don't ask ANYONE to pray for you. Maybe you don't believe in the saints in heaven though, who can hear us and have any interest in us.
So, you're claiming that those who are dead are omniscient or omnipresent?

Old 09-15-2014, 11:25 PM

233 posts, read 374,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
While He was still speaking to the crowds, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. Someone said to Him, “Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You.†But Jesus answered the one who was telling Him and said, “Who is My mother and who are My brothers?†And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, “Behold My mother and My brothers! “For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother.†(Matt. 12)
Mary's attitude was wholly, in simple words "do what he says, do what he does...." referring to the Son. This is why slapping a random quote out of the Bible typically doesn't prove a point. Please come up with a better tactic.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:06 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,810,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burrrrr View Post
Mary's attitude was wholly, in simple words "do what he says, do what he does...." referring to the Son. This is why slapping a random quote out of the Bible typically doesn't prove a point. Please come up with a better tactic.
God -Jesus Says we are his body. Christ is the Head. And he does not put a dollar sign on any part. We are all equally his.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:56 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,810,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
God -Jesus Says we are his body. Christ is the Head. And he does not put a dollar sign on any part. We are all equally his.
Can I Get a hooah.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:52 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
She has a lot of sex. Many children. She was not a virgin. So to honor her is kinda strange.
Uh... Are you saying that only virgins are deserving of honor?

Old 09-16-2014, 06:59 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Uh... Are you saying that only virgins are deserving of honor?
Good catch, Katzpur!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity