Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2014, 11:54 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
God -Jesus Says we are his body. Christ is the Head. And he does not put a dollar sign on any part. We are all equally his.
Well I am not going to even try to compete with Jesus' mother, Mary. I have never suffered for Christ as she did. I am glad she is above me and more honored by God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 11:39 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,810,961 times
Do you lift up mother Mary?
Or does God lift her?
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
The point is We all love her.
But to put an emphasis on her is wrong just as Jesus corrected the one who said blessed are the paps that fed you.
Out of the twelve disciples did Jesus say one would be favored over another? No
Did Jesus come to save and build a hierarchy? No

Old 09-17-2014, 02:49 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,348,344 times
Quote:
But to put an emphasis on her is wrong
Nice strawman dude!!!

Old 09-17-2014, 11:11 PM

Well it can't hurt. Mary gives us many graces from Jesus. I heard the Trinity can never deny Mary's requests. I would say she is a good friend to have in heaven and when we say the rosary we ask Mary to help us now and at the hour of our death.

I think she does help us.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Nice strawman dude!!!
This seems to be common comment For cheerleaders?
Why not join in on the discussion? The Fire is Warm.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well it can't hurt. Mary gives us many graces from Jesus. I heard the Trinity can never deny Mary's requests. I would say she is a good friend to have in heaven and when we say the rosary we ask Mary to help us now and at the hour of our death.

I think she does help us.
Prayer of a Grateful Heart
[SIZE=2]Jesus Christ, my God, I adore You and thank You for all the graces You have given me this day. I offer You my sleep and all the moments of this night, and I ask You to keep me without sin. I therefore place myself in Your sacred side and under the mantle of Our Lady, my mother. Let Your holy angels stand about me and keep me in peace and let Your blessings be upon me. Amen.[/SIZE]

I believe this is the Prayer you are speaking of.
Notice Under the mantle of our lady.
Reparation for insults to the Blessed Virgin Mary

Words of the Prayer from Raccolta:
O blessed Virgin, Mother of God, look down in mercy from Heaven, where thou art enthroned as Queen, upon me, a miserable sinner, thine unworthy servant. Although I know full well my own unworthiness, yet in order to atone for the offenses that are done to thee by impious and blasphemous tongues, from the depths of my heart I praise and extol thee as the purest, the fairest, the holiest creature of all God's handiwork. I bless thy holy name, I praise thine exalted privilege of being truly Mother of God, ever Virgin, conceived without stain of sin, Co-Redemptrix of the human race. I bless the Eternal Father who chose thee in an especial way for His daughter; I bless the Word Incarnate who took upon Himself our nature in thy bosom and so made thee His Mother; I bless the Holy Spirit who took thee as His bride. All honor, praise and thanksgiving to the ever-blessed Trinity who predestined thee and loved thee so exceedingly from all eternity as to exalt thee above all creatures to the most sublime heights. O Virgin, holy and merciful, obtain for all who offend thee the grace of repentance, and graciously accept this poor act of homage from me thy servant, obtaining likewise for me from thy Divine Son the pardon and remission of all my sins. Amen.As to exalt thee above all creatures? Mantle? : a figurative cloak symbolizing preeminence or authority <accepted the mantle of leadership>Christ is the head of the Church. A pray you come to understand what a doctrine of men is.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:55 PM

The thing about Glory is that it is Given to one God.
When you read the scripture it tells you that you build your house on a foundation. That Foundation is Jesus.
Matt ch 7;15-
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Therefor those hear these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, who hath built his house upon a rock. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it feel not: for it was founded upon a rock.
For he taught them as One having authority.
Narrow is the straight gate. Broad is the path to destruction.
Jesus is the way to the Father no other.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
The thing about Glory is that it is Given to one God.
When you read the scripture it tells you that you build your house on a foundation. That Foundation is Jesus.
Matt ch 7;15-
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Therefor those hear these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, who hath built his house upon a rock. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it feel not: for it was founded upon a rock.
For he taught them as One having authority.
Narrow is the straight gate. Broad is the path to destruction.
Jesus is the way to the Father no other.
That is true but there are many who are the way to Jesus. His mother and the saints who are in heaven.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:54 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times
try something..

if you attend a Catholic mass, count how many times Mary is honored; and then count how many times Jesus is honored.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
try something..

if you attend a Catholic mass, count how many times Mary is honored; and then count how many times Jesus is honored.
Not sure of your point. We say Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary at each Mass but God is central in all we do all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity