Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2011, 01:10 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
He is saying it to both!! Reconiliation is an accomplished fact (2 Cor 5:18) and a continuing process (your v 19). This is why you can't cherry pick one verse, but must study passages in completion and in context.

Reconciliation is already accomplished because of Christ dying on the cross to cover our sins, but it still must be personally given. This passage was written to give hope to those who already are in Christ (your sins are forgiven! You are in Christ as a believer!) and as a ministry to offer the Gospel to unbelievers (You are a sinner but God wants to be reconciled with you through Christ his Son who died for your sins).

Being reconciled means accepting what God has achieved through Christ.
You make no sense whatsoever and you know it,how can you say to the reconciled be YE reconciled. Are you listening to what you are saying, how can we ever expect the world to take what we are saying seriously when we come out with this kind of nonsense ?

Like I said yo will not agree to what it actually says, because all that you thought was the good news, was built on sinking sand, I know it's a hard one to swallow, but be rest assured well worth swallowing , so you too can walk in the path of peace that the knowledge of salvation gives to us through our sins BEING forgiven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Let me ask you Finn. Do you proclaim to the world that God is not imputing (present tense, right now) their sins to them?

Do you tell them this Finn? Be honest. And do you believe this?
I tell everyone they are forgiven whether believe me or not,or whether they think I am mad , or whether they think I am a heretic(usually the response of the unforgiving Fundy),I live in continuous forgiveness,for myself and the world, because it is the Spirit of Christ in me "Father forgive them for they know not what they do".

Old 11-06-2011, 01:17 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Where is the word temporary in the Bible?
Exactly... it doesn't. It's wishful thinking at best to think when Jesus speakes of heaven, those who are going to it and it's joys being forever, for ever and ever, eternal and then in the same sentence compared those who are not believers to say that then for them everything is temporary.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:19 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Listen you idiot. I am not on this thread. You have at least 3 times now mentioned me. Leave me out of the conversation.
You're right here on the thread, now. LOL

Old 11-06-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I tell everyone they are forgiven whether believe me or not,or whether they think I am mad , or whether they think I am a heretic(usually the response of the unforgiving Fundy),I live in continuous forgiveness,for myself and the world, because it is the Spirit of Christ in me "Father forgive them for they know not what they do".
Amazingly, most of this church age no longer knows what the Gospel is and what we are to proclaim to the world. It's in total apostasy, or denial. The testimonies of Finn on this thread and Mike555 on other threads are excellent examples of it's denial.

There you go Mike555, I've used your screen name again here...

Old 11-06-2011, 01:24 PM

What message are we ambassadors of ? The one that Paul said which is God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not holding the sin of the people against them ? Which is obviously for those who have yet to know reconciliation .

It is well worth noting too, that Paul did not say go and tell them you can be forgiven,he said go and tell them they are forgiven, that he is not holding their sin against them, Be YE reconciled.

Little did I know today that I would stir the nest of a brood of vipers so much, with such good news.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-06-2011 at 01:33 PM..

Old 11-06-2011, 01:33 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Amazingly, most of this church age no longer knows what the Gospel is and what we are to proclaim to the world. It's in total apostasy, or denial. The testimonies of Finn on this thread and Mike555 on other threads are excellent examples of it's denial.

Bringing up people who are not on the thread is gossip. It shows a lack of class and character. Leave me out of the conversation.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:

You idiot !!

Old 11-06-2011, 01:34 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,285,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What message are we ambassadors of ? The one that Paul said which is God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not holding the sin of the people against them ? Which is obviously for those who have yet to know reconciliation .

It is well worth noting too, that Paul did not say go and tell them you can be forgiven,he said go and tell them they are forgiven, that he is not holding their sin against them, YE reconciled.

Little did I know today that I would stir the nest of a brood of vipers so much, with such good news.
My goodness. For the last and final time, this is the MINISTRY of reconciliation:

the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them

Then, Paul makes a point to say BE reconciled. Be is an action verb indicating man must take action to accept the OFFER of reconciliation. Reconciliation isnt complete without man's acceptance.

V 20 We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Context please, do we want reconciliation or do we want to reject reconciliation, context makes it a choice.
God has already accomplished reconciling us, as well as the world to himself. Sins are not being imputed to anyone. That is the Good News. That is the Gospel. That is what Jesus accomplished for us on the cross. That Good News (ie: the Gospel) is what we are to believe in, through faith. Faith reveals and makes known to us this Good News, that work that Jesus did for us.

And ff course, I want everyone, the entire world to know and believe this truth. I want everyone to worship Jesus and give Him the glory alone for what He accomplished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity