Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it wrong to call out many Catholicisim Doctrinal errors?
YES 15 26.79%
NO 41 73.21%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 10:47 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

EWTN-* The Holy Rosary

Rosaries are given out to soldiers going off to war by priests. The men and women aren't forced to take one but they can if they want one. One man who was not Catholic took one and kept it with him. He got interested in the faith that way and I believe he converted.

Funny thing about the Divine Chaplet. My hubby and I went to church to pray it on Divine Chaplet Sunday and I found out later that was the day our government was in the process of killing Osama Bin Laden. I guess we were praying for him since it is for mercy on all sins of the world etc. Well, Christ said we should pray for our enemies as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 11:05 PM

670 posts, read 815,365 times
There are several types of Christianity:
Those who are based on the principle of "Sola Scriptura"
And those based on personal or group based Spirituality.

We have organized religions as well as people who don't organize themselves into a congregation.

Christianity is becoming so vast filled with people of all kinds of beliefs that we are similar to Hinduism in that respect.

I personally don't see any thing wrong with our differences so long as we don't do any rude in fighting or try to hurt others. We are Christians, they shall know that we are Christians by our Love, by our Love they will know us. I think some have lost touch with that.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:07 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 831,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
In American culture the virgin is less important than in Poland or Mexico. Yes, you are correct! However, the statue of liberty has no connection to Catholicism.

I don't think you will ever understand this unless you are a Polish Catholic like Lech Walesa. You are trying to apply your views on other people.
My point is that statues represent spirit beings. If you put a Buddha in your home, you get a spirit, it does not matter, if you bow down to it or not. My claim is that all the statues in Poland, Mexico or the USA are all representing the same Queen of Heaven, Catholics are not the only ones that adore this spirit being. She has different names: Ishtar of Babylon, Isis of Egypt, Diana of Ephesus, Aphrodite of Greece, Venus of Rome, Astarte of Phoenicia (Middle East, King Salomo worshiped her, 1.KING 11:5), This woman is real, one called her "ALL/Fire", the father of Jesus Christ, the Queen of Heaven (Jer 44); no relationship to Catholicism. But I think he was once Catholic and a worshiper of Mary. But anyway he is opposed to the OT and Yahweh the God of Israel.
Idols are false gods, that is right, but an idol is everything God hates and causes His anger and judgement, we can see in chapter 7 of Joshua. In every pagan religion you will have statues, that represents gods. The mother of Jesus is not God, we know, but your church made her to the Queen of Heaven, and that represents a goddess. King Salomo surely in spite of all his wisdom did not know, what he was doing. Catholics do not know either. The Holy Spirit draws us to the real Father of our LORD Jesus Christ, but false spirits (fallen Angels), demons (the Assyrians have a female demon in their texts), draw us to idols, which is idolatry.
If this spirit has destroyed Communism, what I do not believe, if she destroys the Vatican, so be it. I will not pray, that God hinders it.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:08 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post

We have organized religions as well as people who don't organize themselves into a congregation.

Christianity is becoming so vast filled with people of all kinds of beliefs that we are similar to Hinduism in that respect.

I personally don't see any thing wrong with our differences so long as we don't do any rude in fighting or try to hurt others. We are Christians, they shall know that we are Christians by our Love, by our Love they will know us. I think some have lost touch with that.
Nothing wrong with differences. There are thousands of different Protestant religions.

What is really deplorable is to find people that believe in the concept:

"My religion is better than yours".

Old 01-10-2014, 07:22 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post

Unfortunately there is one special type of Christianity: Those who think they are right and everyone else is wrong!

Old 01-10-2014, 07:25 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
My point is that statues represent spirit beings. If you put a Buddha in your home, you get a spirit, it does not matter, if you bow down to it or not. My claim is that all the statues in Poland, Mexico or the USA are all representing the same Queen of Heaven, Catholics are not the only ones that adore this spirit being. She has different names: Ishtar of Babylon, Isis of Egypt, Diana of Ephesus, Aphrodite of Greece, Venus of Rome, Astarte of Phoenicia (Middle East, King Salomo worshiped her, 1.KING 11:5), This woman is real, one called her "ALL/Fire", the father of Jesus Christ, the Queen of Heaven (Jer 44); no relationship to Catholicism. But I think he was once Catholic and a worshiper of Mary. But anyway he is opposed to the OT and Yahweh the God of Israel.
Idols are false gods, that is right, but an idol is everything God hates and causes His anger and judgement, we can see in chapter 7 of Joshua. In every pagan religion you will have statues, that represents gods. The mother of Jesus is not God, we know, but your church made her to the Queen of Heaven, and that represents a goddess. King Salomo surely in spite of all his wisdom did not know, what he was doing. Catholics do not know either. The Holy Spirit draws us to the real Father of our LORD Jesus Christ, but false spirits (fallen Angels), demons (the Assyrians have a female demon in their texts), draw us to idols, which is idolatry.
If this spirit has destroyed Communism, what I do not believe, if she destroys the Vatican, so be it. I will not pray, that God hinders it.
So you are saying that Mary, the mother of Jesus, chosen by God, is a pagan goddes?????? I think you might want to rethink that line of logic.

As far as statues representing spirit beings, does that mean if I have a statue of a horse in my living room I now have a horse spirit living in my house? Does that mean you have no statues or sculptures of any kind in your home?

"Statues represent spirit beings" - wow, and people say Catholics are ignorant.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:42 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post

You feel Virgin Mary is a God and that Catholics are pagans. That is your own perception and your perception is your reality. I see your viewpoint.

The OT speaks against pagans. Catholics are not pagan. Catholics are pagan because Christianity is an Abrahamic religion and by definition Abrahamic religions are not pagan.

Catholics have told you at nauseam that Mary in not God and yet you do not seem to get it. Catholics honor the Virgin Mary because it is part of the culture of Catholicism. You have a completely different culture and this is foreign to you, I get that.

You do make some valid points regarding similarities between Christianity and other religions with regard to Mary. However, the same similarities also exist with regards to Jesus.

Religions borrow from each other. In that regard Christianity is not unique.

NO religion is better than another.

God is not jealous.

By the way:

A statue is no spirit and it has no special powers. A statue is no different than a picture of your parents. It just something to remember a special person. In Washington DC we remember Jefferson, Lincoln, and Washington with monuments and statues. Catholics remember Mary in the same manner.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:06 PM

We also have statues of Jesus and I wonder what he thinks about the crucifix. Oh well, never mind. Roll eyes.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:20 PM

Wheres that in the Bible? Venerating Mary and the Saints - YouTube

Patrick Madrid is interesting. He also has a web site. He has a book titled, "Any Friend of God's is a Friend of Mine." www.patrickmadrid.com He is on Catholic Answers a lot.

I love that we have the communion of saints. Men and women whose lives teach us how to be holy and how to put God first. We learn from others all the time.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Zur

949 posts, read 831,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
So you are saying that Mary, the mother of Jesus, chosen by God, is a pagan goddes?????? I think you might want to rethink that line of logic.

As far as statues representing spirit beings, does that mean if I have a statue of a horse in my living room I now have a horse spirit living in my house? Does that mean you have no statues or sculptures of any kind in your home?

"Statues represent spirit beings" - wow, and people say Catholics are ignorant.
You are quoting me wrong, I have said that the mother of Jesus is not God. That settles it. What I said is that the RCC has made her to the Queen of Heaven, and that is a very pagan religious being. Lately I saw a picture of Mary with Jesus and than they showed a picture of Iris the goddess of love with her son, and they were similar. The Mary of the RCC is another Mary and not the mother of Jesus. If you want, I can proof it by scripture, but I do not want to waste my time, because Catholicism stands over the scriptures and they have their traditions, their infallible Pope etc, I learned already. I would let you alone, if this would not be a question of life and death. Nobody has to believe me, but every one has to pursue truth. God is not far, ask Him.
I do not know which horse represents a spiritual being, I am not speaking about sculptures. I am speaking about images we bow down before them or they represent a spiritual being, I would not have any picture with a snake in my home nor any sculpture from Africa, this land is full of spirits and witchcraft. The only sculpture I have is a lamb, very sweet.
If statues do not represent spirit beings why all pagan religions have them and God forbid them all in the 10 commandments and why the RCC has left out this command of God?

Last edited by Zur; 01-12-2014 at 12:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity