Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2017, 12:51 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times

Advertisements

The point being made by others here, is that the bible doesn't call homosexuality a sin. Personally, I don't care because I know that fallible men wrote the bible and it is not "God's word". The "the Bible says it, I believe it" responses are meaningless to me.

So what I asked was not what the bible said, but what about a monogamous relationship between two people of the same gender is sinful. I have yet to see an answer to that question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

23,153 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Hannibal, did something I posted give you the impression that I hated you or am against you?
No, never, you are way better person than me and I mean that sincerely, just in a weird mood, I know better than to talk about this stuff, but I do long for the days when I had a million friends before I became a bigot, prejudice racist homophobe lol, but I guess that is what I am, that many people couldn't be wrong, not you of course. It's the little interactions of life that get me down, you say hello to people and they used to smile and say hello.

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

in other words:

Jesus said, “Your word is truth” (John 17:17)
Jesus said, “The Scripture cannot be broken” (John 10:35)
Jesus said, (quoting Genesis 1:4 scripture)
" ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? (Matthew 19:5)
God’s word that spells out that sexual relations are for men and women in marriage (Hebrews 13:4)

Jesus said that marriage is defined by God (Matthew 19:5)
God's Word commands that marriage:
"be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral." (Hebrews 13:4)

Jesus said all of God’s word is truth.
The NT is no less God's Word.

Amen.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
No, never, you are way better person than me and I mean that sincerely, just in a weird mood, I know better than to talk about this stuff, but I do long for the days when I had a million friends before I became a bigot, prejudice racist homophobe lol, but I guess that is what I am, that many people couldn't be wrong, not you of course. It's the little interactions of life that get me down, you say hello to people and they used to smile and say hello.
I'm sorry things have gotten you down. Keep putting the good stuff out there Hanni, and people will respond in kind eventually. If they don't, at least you'll know within yourself that you are not contributing to hate or anger. ((Hugs)).

Old 01-03-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
The point being made by others here, is that the bible doesn't call homosexuality a sin. Personally, I don't care because I know that fallible men wrote the bible and it is not "God's word". The "the Bible says it, I believe it" responses are meaningless to me.

So what I asked was not what the bible said, but what about a monogamous relationship between two people of the same gender is sinful. I have yet to see an answer to that question.
I could write a whole page answering that question but only grief would come from it. It's like talking about Christmas and Easter, I just need to keep my mouth shut.

My second wife always told me,'' Less is more,'' and with my mouth, I believe that.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry things have gotten you down. Keep putting the good stuff out there Hanni, and people will respond in kind eventually. If they don't, at least you'll know within yourself that you are not contributing to hate or anger. ((Hugs)).
I always find myself guilty time and time again, people tend to surprise me to make me ashamed, I get so upset and go next door to get a beer and somebody is very kind when I never expected it, it always shocks me and makes me judge myself, but this kind of thing never used to happen, I have never had so many enemies around me and then to find a nice, kind person always brings hope, love really can conquer things.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
I could write a whole page answering that question but only grief would come from it. It's like talking about Christmas and Easter, I just need to keep my mouth shut.

My second wife always told me,'' Less is more,'' and with my mouth, I believe that.
Hanni, I don't know if I should press the point with you, but you realize that you did write a very long post in response to my question and it was all about the abuse you had suffered. So, if that's what you're saying makes homosexuality sinful, I'll repeat what I said before: I was abused by straight men, but I know that does not make heterosexuality, or a monogamous relationships between two people of the opposite gender, sinful.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Hanni, I don't know if I should press the point with you, but you realize that you did write a very long post in response to my question and it was all about the abuse you had suffered. So, if that's what you're saying makes homosexuality sinful, I'll repeat what I said before: I was abused by straight men, but I know that does not make heterosexuality, or a monogamous relationships between two people of the opposite gender, sinful.
Yeah, made a mistake and deleted what I could. It just isn't something that I feel qualified in discussing, only that I do believe homosexuality to be a sin.

Not much else to say.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Yeah, made a mistake and deleted what I could. It just isn't something that I feel qualified in discussing, only that I do believe homosexuality to be a sin.

Not much else to say.
That's fine. No one else has explained how a monogamous relationship is sinful, either, so it's hardly all on you.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:25 PM

Many people point to the scripture that says nobody in immoral sex, no thief or murderer shall enter the kingdom of heaven, I personally believe they are saved and what is being discussed is who wil be able to enter the higher kingdom called the Zoe kingdom, and so in that sense, I would put the gay person in the same place as a Christian who doesn't keep the Sabbaths of God, that they are still saved but not in the higher zoe kingdom. Most Christians don't know that the 3 sections of the temple show the 3 sections of heaven and so they think all gays go to hell, but being that a person says this, it puts him in the same place, same place as me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity