Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2017, 04:10 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Moderator cut: Quoted post deleted.
Seriously? WardenDresden???? He is one of the most profound, thoughtful posters here. A bit long-winded at times, but that's not a sin.

He spews anger sometimes, but don't we all.

It is very difficult to see people take something meant for good and turn it into a tool for harming others because people think a book says it's OK. Trying to find the right words to open people's eyes can be frustrating.

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-14-2017 at 04:23 PM.. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 04:12 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
I'm saying that you are a hypocrite not only for not calling out Dresden for implying that the person he was addressing is not a Christian, but you actually told him to preach it and gave him a thumbs up, after having yourself implied that someone else did the same thing and then saying ''Aside from the fact that this forum does not tolerate telling anyone who claims to be a Christian that they are not a true Christian, you ARE being judgmental and it is NOT very Christ-centered or God-centered.''
Mike you ARE a Christian in the modern sense of the word--divisiveness, exclusiveness, and superiority. I am not. You just aren't a Jesus follower. Incidentally, you once reported someonw to the mods for "attacking" you. I provided them with several posts where you did exactly the same thing! They closed the thread.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Moderator cut: Quoted post deleted.
The ONLY people Jesus was harsh with in His day---were the fundamentalist, "bible-believing" religionists. And they are still with us today.

I speak harshly toward them because JESUS did, and I am a Jesus follower.

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-14-2017 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: Quoted post deleted

Old 11-14-2017, 04:19 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
The ONLY people Jesus was harsh with in His day---were the fundamentalist, "bible-believing" religionists. And they are still with us today.

I speak harshly toward them because JESUS did, and I am a Jesus follower.
No, you are not.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
No, you are not.
Well perhaps God will place us both in hell---side by side!! It would destroy you for sure--I would see it as an opportunity to preach the Love of God!

Old 11-14-2017, 04:21 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
I'm saying that you are a hypocrite not only for not calling out Dresden for implying that the person he was addressing is not a Christian, but you actually told him to preach it and gave him a thumbs up, after having yourself implied that someone else did the same thing and then saying ''Aside from the fact that this forum does not tolerate telling anyone who claims to be a Christian that they are not a true Christian, you ARE being judgmental and it is NOT very Christ-centered or God-centered.''
I must admit that I saw what Warden did as pointing to the rejection of Jesus in favor of the Bible as what would disqualify someone from being a Christian. But I do see your point and it could be misinterpreted. Touche'!

Old 11-14-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I must admit that I saw what Warden did as pointing to the rejection of Jesus in favor of the Bible as what would disqualify someone from being a Christian. But I do see your point and it could be misinterpreted. Touche'!
Isn't it strange, though, Mystic, that fundamentalists almost ALWAYS misinterpret in order to maintain their superiority!

Old 11-14-2017, 04:31 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I'm thinking about the Christian bakers who refused to bake wedding cakes for same-sex weddings and the clerk who refused to issue the marriage certificate to a same-sex couple.

And what exactly is a sincerely held religious belief with regard to this topic?

Thanks and God bless.
Because adulating is a sin that can be forgiven, and once you're married, you're technically not adulating anymore as long as you stay faithful. By that logic, any good Christian should be all about adulterers getting married.

Two gay people getting married is literally entering into a world of perpetual sin. Any Christian that supports this isn't a real Christian.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:38 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Because adulating is a sin that can be forgiven, and once you're married, you're technically not adulating anymore as long as you stay faithful. By that logic, any good Christian should be all about adulterers getting married.

Two gay people getting married is literally entering into a world of perpetual sin. Any Christian that supports this isn't a real Christian.
You don't get to decide that. Plenty of Christians don't believe people are a sin because of who they are, and they welcome gay people into their churches rather than exclude them. Jesus was inclusive and drew people to God. That's all we need to know. All this focus on what people do consensually with their body parts is purely human.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:07 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You don't get to decide that. Plenty of Christians don't believe people are a sin because of who they are, and they welcome gay people into their churches rather than exclude them. Jesus was inclusive and drew people to God. That's all we need to know. All this focus on what people do consensually with their body parts is purely human.
You're right, people two thousand years ago decided that when they made the religion up by borrowing from existing religions that said homosexuality was a big no-no.

That's the religion. Christians that decide what parts of the religion work and do not work for them aren't real Christians.

As for Jesus, you have know idea what the guy was all about because the dude probably never even existed as we think of him. He's a collaboration of multiple false profits that were crucified over several centuries by those in power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity