Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2017, 07:56 PM

6,803 posts, read 2,924,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Um, correction . . .they would stone their neighbor for mowing his lawn on SATURDAY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Well actually anytime after sundown on Friday to sundown on Saturday.
That is correct . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 08:23 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,735,364 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkN4Huz48pg

If some one have 90 affairs and then getting married and becoming a christian doesn't mean they are adultors, now they will have some emotional and spiritual healing and such work that will need to be done for God's spirit to heal it up and to learn to love deeper than that wounded experiences and feelings . and even then they will be judged by what they do according to their knowledge or refusal to gain knowledge of him in his word and by his spirit .. thus he will judged even by their own laws.. which most of us fail our own laws and our own ideas fo Good and evil and how much less The Father's and all that that we do and have applied to others and he will judge us all by our own conscious .. that is why we need a savior and thus got one.
homosexuals know it is wrong.. that is why they make parades. and try to make laws forcing it against the peoples conscience of this nation.
sin is pushy .. all sin is militant..

Old 11-14-2017, 08:30 PM

6,803 posts, read 2,924,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce
I'm thinking about the Christian bakers who refused to bake wedding cakes for same-sex weddings and the clerk who refused to issue the marriage certificate to a same-sex couple.

And what exactly is a sincerely held religious belief with regard to this topic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Because adulating is a sin that can be forgiven, and once you're married, you're technically not adulating anymore as long as you stay faithful. By that logic, any good Christian should be all about adulterers getting married.
Have you sincerely missed the point here or is it intentional? It's BECAUSE someone divorces and remarries another that biblical adultery is the result. And, as long as this biblical 'sin' remains unchanged 'the sin' still remains. Doesn't the oft catch-cry of 'REPENT!' by Christians mean that one is supposed to give up 'the sin' that one is repenting of?

You see, another person, i.e. the former partner of the remarried person, is now subjected to the consequences of the initial wedding vows having been broken. The remarried person is now being unfaithful to her former spouse and that is a biblical no-no. The act of true repentance would be that the 'sinful' (re)marriage be annulled and the 'guilty party' return to their original spouse. There is no getting around this biblically speaking. I personally don't care one way or another but we ARE talking 'Bible' here.

Quote:
Two gay people getting married is literally entering into a world of perpetual sin.
Nonsense. You just made that up. That IS, UNLESS you apply the very same thought to divorced and remarried heterosexual people. THEN you might have a point ...but, probably not even then.

Quote:
Any Christian that supports this isn't a real Christian.
Well, I consider myself a Christ-follower and I support gay marriage so your above remark is a rather moot one.

NEWSFLASH: just released today are the results of a recent Australian nation-wide YES/NO survey pertaining to gay marriage. The votes have been counted and, overwhelmingly, the people of Australia have given a resounding "Yes" to gay marriage!

Old 11-14-2017, 09:20 PM

88,673 posts, read 84,974,162 times
Quote:
You're right, people two thousand years ago decided that when they made the religion up by borrowing from existing religions that said homosexuality was a big no-no.

That's the religion. Christians that decide what parts of the religion work and do not work for them aren't real Christians.

As for Jesus, you have know idea what the guy was all about because the dude probably never even existed as we think of him. He's a collaboration of multiple false profits that were crucified over several centuries by those in power.
So you didn't have anything new to say that hasn't been said already 50 times in this forum.

Got it.

Plus you have some sort of authority to decide who are the real Christians and who aren't. Cool. I guess.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:27 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,726,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post

If some one have 90 affairs and then getting married and becoming a christian doesn't mean they are adultors, now they will have some emotional and spiritual healing and such work that will need to be done for God's spirit to heal it up and to learn to love deeper than that wounded experiences and feelings . and even then they will be judged by what they do according to their knowledge or refusal to gain knowledge of him in his word and by his spirit .. thus he will judged even by their own laws.. which most of us fail our own laws and our own ideas fo Good and evil and how much less The Father's and all that that we do and have applied to others and he will judge us all by our own conscious .. that is why we need a savior and thus got one.
homosexuals know it is wrong.. that is why they make parades. and try to make laws forcing it against the peoples conscience of this nation.
sin is pushy .. all sin is militant..
Pushy? You mean like you and your fundamentalist buddies? Pushy like the blacks who followed MLK Jr into hell on a bridge leading to Selma, AL?
Quote:
Let's look at what non-christians feel are a problem that Christians cause them:
“I have no problem whatsoever with God or Jesus – only Christians. It’s been my experience that most Christians are belligerent, disdainful and pushy.” — D.B., Atlanta

"Somehow, present-day Christians forgot about turning the other cheek, abandoned the notion of treating others like they would like to be treated themselves; they’ve become bent on preaching, judging, and selfishly attempting to save the souls of others by condemning them. What happen to love? To tolerance? To respect?” — S.P., Nashville

I feel as though Christians make a value judgment about my soul on the spot, simply because I am gay. I don’t pretend to know the worth of a soul, nor the coming gifts to those who convert the masses, but I would guess converting the sinful homosexuals would merit a few brownie points. But I get the feeling that most Christians don’t think we’re worth the hassle.”– R.M., Houston
Read more at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unfunda...pysuLvspRHK.99

That story about a good Samaritan? Wasn't it a good Levite and a a priest that left the injured man on the side of the road? They knew their Bibles. They figured they understood God.

But Jesus was talking about what you might consider to be a homosexual atheist today (Samaritans were equally despised to the Jews) that stopped to help the injured man.

And then Jesus asked the "expert" in the Law which of the men was the injured man's neighbor. In so many words the "expert" replied--"the 'homo' (meant as a modern day critical pejorative). "

In other words, don't talk about what the Bible says or your "beliefs," help those who are in need because someday YOU may need help and it may be that awful godless 'homo' standing up for you or rescuing you.

People who are religious are that way because they want to escape hell.
People who are spiritual are that way because they've already been there.

Be spiritual and understand those you consider your enemy are the ones set before you so Jesus can judge whether or not you are truly His follower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7E7lARwUYw

We will work with each other, we will work side by side
We will work with each other, we will work side by side
And we'll guard each man's dignity and save each man's pride
And they'll know we are Christians by our love, by our love

Yeah, they'll know we are Christians by our love.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 11-14-2017 at 11:25 PM..

Old 11-14-2017, 10:30 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,055,061 times
This thread, I'd say, is right on time, as I've noticed threads dealing with this subject seem to "magically" appear as if they're something new, about every 3-4 months on here. The only reason, as far as I can see, is to inflame the board and give all the self anointed and self appointed, "Christ following" fundy haters their "moment in the sun" as they all trip over one another in their rush to strive to be the first to prove how "undiscriminating" they are, as if that was one of the major virtues to strive for, when fact is G-d is the biggest discriminator of them all, defining what is flesh and what is Spirit and striking one of them......dead. Intermission over.....carry on. Peace

Old 11-14-2017, 11:10 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,010,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
So you didn't have anything new to say that hasn't been said already 50 times in this forum.

Got it.

Plus you have some sort of authority to decide who are the real Christians and who aren't. Cool. I guess.
It's your book, not mine buddy. If you can't follow the rules, that's all you.

No, you are not a real Christian if you're OK with same sex marriage. Technically, you're not a real Christian if you don't condone slavery either.

Organized religion is silly. Trying to put logic to it doesn't work because it's not real.......jokes on you

Old 11-14-2017, 11:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,395,276 times
Quote:

No, you are not a real Christian if you're OK with same sex marriage. Technically, you're not a real Christian if you don't condone slavery either.

Organized religion is silly. Trying to put logic to it doesn't work because it's not real.......jokes on you
Do you believe a book defines who you are as a person?

Old 11-14-2017, 11:33 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,939,403 times
Quote:

If Jesus had promised a book and it were about rules you might have a point. Stick around, eventually you could learn what Jesus DID promise and what it really IS all about. Hint: you already know, so pay attention.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:44 AM

63,903 posts, read 40,178,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If Jesus had promised a book and it were about rules you might have a point. Stick around, eventually you could learn what Jesus DID promise and what it really IS all about. Hint: you already know, so pay attention.
What will it take for those here to follow the forum rule against questioning whether or not someone who claims to be a Christian is actually a Christian???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity